Banded on Feb 8th

I was pretty nervous but very excited before the surgery. I was totally at ease though once I got there and met all of the wonderful people that would be caring for me. Everyone was so nice. The Dr.'s are very cute...like soap opera doc...hahaha...so that was even better! :) I was not in that much pain when I woke up and was able to walk the halls with a couple of the other girls. I went to the beach and walked around in Rosarita the next day and had a blast! I never had the gas pains very bad...I was very thankful. So far...everything has been GREAT! I have scheduled my first fill for March 22nd...so now, I am looking forward to that!

I was pretty nervous but very excited before the surgery. I was totally at ease though once I got there and met all of the wonderful people that would be caring for me. Everyone was so nice. The Dr.'s are very cute...like soap opera doc...hahaha...so that was even better! :) I was not in that much pain when I woke up and was able to walk the halls with a couple of the other girls. I went to the beach and walked around in Rosarita the next day and had a blast! I never had the gas pains very bad...I was very thankful. So far...everything has been GREAT! I have scheduled my first fill for March 22nd...so now, I am looking forward to that!

=D> CONGRATS ON THE SUCCESSFUL SURGERY. NOW THAT IT IS BEHIND YOU, YOU CAN BEGIN TO LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. HOPEFULLY MINE WILL GO AS WELL AS YOURS DID. (SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 12)

NANCY

Good Luck I hope you are feeling well soon. Also how did you go to beach? Did you take a bus or rent a car or walk. I just wondered I am having my surgery on March 27 and my husband has never seen the ocean. Thanks for any help. Queenie :-h

We talked to the guy at the hotel...in front-the one that is standing there when you walk in(not behind the counter, but at the door)...and he arranged a taxi for us. We went to Rosarita...my parents ate lunch and I had my broth...we shopped around for a little bit...then went to the beach. The taxi driver stayed the whole time. We met him after the shopping and he drove us closer to the beach...then he waited again while we walked around and then drove us back to the hotel. It was $60 for 3-4 hours...totally worth it. It was very fun. :)

By the way...I am feeling great now...incisions are mostly healed. Now I am looking forward to the first fill because I am already not full like I was in the beginning. I am being good and still following the plan that Dr. Miranda gave me...but it is harder than at first.

We talked to the guy at the hotel...in front-the one that is standing there when you walk in(not behind the counter, but at the door)...and he arranged a taxi for us. We went to Rosarita...my parents ate lunch and I had my broth...we shopped around for a little bit...then went to the beach. The taxi driver stayed the whole time. We met him after the shopping and he drove us closer to the beach...then he waited again while we walked around and then drove us back to the hotel. It was $60 for 3-4 hours...totally worth it. It was very fun. :)

By the way...I am feeling great now...incisions are mostly healed. Now I am looking forward to the first fill because I am already not full like I was in the beginning. I am being good and still following the plan that Dr. Miranda gave me...but it is harder than at first.

The guys name at the hotel was Alonso. :)

Hey just saying HI, I got my band on Feb.5....It wasnt by Dr.Ortiz, but it was by a wonderful physician...I have lost 20lbs so for, however that is just from the liquid diet...I get my first fill on 3/3...can't wait....I'm feeling good...just nervous going on my 4th week and knowing I will be able to start slowly on solid foods, I don't want to gain the 20 lbs back before I get my fill(and scared to death of my band slipping)....So how are you feeling?? Hopefully we can keep in touch and help each other since we were banded so close together :) Misty

I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on 2/18! I am home in Texas feeling great! I too went out the day I came out of the clinic and went shopping! Bought 2 pair of awesome handmade cowboy boots! I was feeling sassy! I feel great and did have a bit of gas pain but I walked and walked and walked and it seemed to help! Go girl, you will feel great! =D>