Philly fill docs (or NJ, MD, DE)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was all set to cancel my flight and fill in TJ and go to the Fill Center USA in Mount Laurel.

I filled out my on-line data, and was reading through the liability waiver stuff you have to

read and accept and this stopped me cold: they said that if they screw up my band, or

puncture my tubing - they will not repair it ! If they do puncture my tubing , my band is

worthless until I get it fixed, and frankly, if they mess it up, I fully expect them to fix it !!

I would certainly love to drive up one morning, get a fill and drive home - instead of

flying 6 hours across the country, staying in a hotel for 2 nights, paying for transportation to/from,

etc == but I know in my soul that if anything happened to my port during a fill at the OCC,

they'd fix it, no cost, no questions asked.

I figure that before my next fill, I'll call and talk to them about it - but it certainly made me stop

this time!!

Looking great, Angela !!!! Keep up the awesome work, sister !

Love,

Lisa

I was all set to cancel my flight and fill in TJ and go to the Fill Center USA in Mount Laurel.

I filled out my on-line data, and was reading through the liability waiver stuff you have to

read and accept and this stopped me cold: they said that if they screw up my band, or

puncture my tubing - they will not repair it ! If they do puncture my tubing , my band is

worthless until I get it fixed, and frankly, if they mess it up, I fully expect them to fix it !!

I would certainly love to drive up one morning, get a fill and drive home - instead of

flying 6 hours across the country, staying in a hotel for 2 nights, paying for transportation to/from,

etc == but I know in my soul that if anything happened to my port during a fill at the OCC,

they'd fix it, no cost, no questions asked.

I figure that before my next fill, I'll call and talk to them about it - but it certainly made me stop

this time!!

Looking great, Angela !!!! Keep up the awesome work, sister !

Love,

Lisa

Where are you from Lisa? I'm from central Pa. and am looking for a fill Doc. I'm going to the OCC for my first fill next month. =D> Darlene

Where are you from Lisa? I'm from central Pa. and am looking for a fill Doc. I'm going to the OCC for my first fill next month. =D> Darlene

I'm in VA, just outside DC -- there's a Fill Centers USA in Mt Laurel, NJ -- and others have used it successfully --

I just didnt want to risk it - I've come a long way to get this band and I'm like a momma bear protecting her cub.

Anyway - I went back to TJ, and will again next time -- but thats a highly personal decision.

Great luck to you, Darlene !!

Lisa

I'm in VA, just outside DC -- there's a Fill Centers USA in Mt Laurel, NJ -- and others have used it successfully --

I just didnt want to risk it - I've come a long way to get this band and I'm like a momma bear protecting her cub.

Anyway - I went back to TJ, and will again next time -- but thats a highly personal decision.

Great luck to you, Darlene !!

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I know what you mean about comming a long way.... I'm worried too. I would like to keep going to TJ, but not sure if I can afford it. I'm hoping that I hit my sweet spot with my first fill ;) :lb17: Wouldn't that be great???!!! I'll probably be one of the people that have to get fills and unfills every other couple of months!! :lb12: Good luck to you too Lisa, Darlene

PS I sure hope that your weren't in the middle of those tornado's???!!! I said a prayer this morning when I saw it on the news. God Bless you all!

When are you going? I am from Bethlehem, Pa (I think we talked before). I am going back for my first fill on 5/24 through 5/27. My fill is scheduled for 5/26 - Monday.

Did you schedule your yet?

When are you going? I am from Bethlehem, Pa (I think we talked before). I am going back for my first fill on 5/24 through 5/27. My fill is scheduled for 5/26 - Monday.

Did you schedule your yet?

Hi Mona, I think we talked before also..... I'm scheduled for May 29 [Thurs.] and we're flying home the next day. Did you search around Pa. for a fill Doc? I wish I could afford to go back to Mexico for all my fills, but don't think I'll be able to. I called some Doc's in Pittsburgh last year and they said they'd do fills, but I lost the numbers!! I'll have to start calling again, I guess. I also hate the thoughts of being on the planes forever, gosh, it's a long ride!! I hope I get a good fill that will last awhile! Take care Mona and best wishes with your fill! :lb11: :yes3:

fyi.. there is a fill doctor in Frederick, MD named Susan Brinkley and she does fills for patients banded in Mexico. Cost is $200.00 and it's not flouroscopy.

Thank you EmilyB! I'll keep that in mind. I was hoping to find a doc who does fills with fluro though. I worry !

Hi Mona, I think we talked before also..... I'm scheduled for May 29 [Thurs.] and we're flying home the next day. Did you search around Pa. for a fill Doc? I wish I could afford to go back to Mexico for all my fills, but don't think I'll be able to. I called some Doc's in Pittsburgh last year and they said they'd do fills, but I lost the numbers!! I'll have to start calling again, I guess. I also hate the thoughts of being on the planes forever, gosh, it's a long ride!! I hope I get a good fill that will last awhile! Take care Mona and best wishes with your fill! :lb11: :yes3:

Check out Fill Centers USA, there is one in New Jersy about an hour away that uses fluro. I wanted to go back to Mexico for my first one though.

Too bad I will be going home before you get there.

Check out Fill Centers USA, there is one in New Jersy about an hour away that uses fluro. I wanted to go back to Mexico for my first one though.

Too bad I will be going home before you get there.

That's the fill center that they're talking about toward the begining of this thread,... the concerns of them hurting theport or tubing then we'd be screwed. I'm going to call around Pittsburgh again sometime.

I wish you were going to be there too, it's so nice to meet fellow bandsters!! :yes: :party:

Maybe if we can find a good local fill Doc, we can schedule for the same time. Take care, Darlene

I'm sorry I missed you! I went down Apr 23rd (late), had my fill the 24th and back the 24th.

I have to work OT to pay for it, but I use it as a mini vacation --

I wouldnt do it without the flouro -- and I'm sure Fill Centers are good or DR O wouldnt associate

himself with them - but when I read they wouldnt fix it if they blew it - it sort of freaked me out

a little -- I think when I'm ready for my next fill I'll call them to talk about it - and then decide

whether or not to return to TJ.

One thing I wasnt thinking when I got my band is that fills are necessary AS YOU LOSE WEIGHT.

As your stomach, and everything else, gets smaller, your band loosens ! (Of course, but I just

wasnt thinking about it in that way). So even tho I have great restriction now, and I'm losing -

as I lose, my restriction should lessen and at some point I'm going to need another fill.

Anyway, as I learn I'll post !!

Have a great week, everyone -- and thanks for the prayers !! the tornados were in the South east

part of the state (near my mom and one uncle-but my family is safe and unharmed). That was wicked

and I, too, said a bunch of prayers.

Take care, fellow bandsters !!!

Lisa