Hi to all

I have just scheduled my surgery for the 12 of March!!!! Very nervous but also very excited. I am sooooo tired of being sick and tired!! I can't wait to look into the mirror and see the person I am supposed to be not the 100lb overweight person. I have really enjoyed reading everyones testimonials and support. You never realize how important something like this is (the bulletin board) until you go through a procedure like this. I am coming to TJ on the 11th, surg on the 12th and home on the 14th! I am bringing my support team with me: my companion of 10 years and my son. I work for a general surgeon (the chief of surgery at our local hospital) and he has reviewed all the info just as I have and he feels very confident about the procedure as well as the credentials of Dr. Ortiz! I do have one question though, while I am at the OCC and my support team is at the hotel, how do they get back and forth from the hotel to me? My son is just shy of being 17 so I am sure he isn't going to want to sit at the clinic all day and night.

Is there anyone else scheduled for the 12?

Hope to talk to someone soon. :lol:

Good question- i am wondering the same thing about how my hubby will get back from the hospital to the hotel and how he will get back to the hopspital the next day or if I will just meet him back at the hotel in the morning (as i hear you get released pretty early). Also, how long of a ride is it from the airport to the hotel? Ive heard its only a few miles but takes a few hours!!! I am heading out there on Feb 26, surgery on feb 27th and heading home late on the 29th! I CANT WAIT! Good luck to you too

Good question- i am wondering the same thing about how my hubby will get back from the hospital to the hotel and how he will get back to the hopspital the next day or if I will just meet him back at the hotel in the morning (as i hear you get released pretty early). Also, how long of a ride is it from the airport to the hotel? Ive heard its only a few miles but takes a few hours!!! I am heading out there on Feb 26, surgery on feb 27th and heading home late on the 29th! I CANT WAIT! Good luck to you too

I guess you'll get to answer those questions pretty soon!! Let me know what you find out.

Best of luck to you as well!!

Nancy

The clinic has a couple of drivers (one being Dr Ortiz's mom) who can shuttle people back and forth from the airport, clinic, or hotel. If they're unavailable there are lots of local taxis that charge $5 a pop American. Go for the red city taxis over Yellow Cab. I had a Yellow Cab driver abandon me in the middle of Tijuana when he couldn't find the clinic. I was so frazzled by that experience I forgot I spoke some Spanish when asking people for directions. Luckily I found a payphone and Fransisco rescued me.

As far as going from the airport to the hotel keep in mind you have to cross the border, which is probably the reason you're hearing stories of it taking a long time. Coming into Mexico usually isn't a problem but leaving again is where the lines are. It all depends on how busy things are at the time.