WHEN TRAVELING ALONE, PACK LIGHT

I've seen several posts of patients wanting to know what to bring. I've found its best to pack light. You know,, bring your toiletries and a couple of sets of loose fitting clothes. Your going to be at the clinic and at the hotel Lucerna a few days, you don't need much. You got to remember that you just had Lap-band surgery. Most of the time when crossing the border back into the states, you have to go through the US border security. That means the OCC van has to be emptied and everyones luggage and carry on's have to go through the security xray just like at the airport. Those who travel to the OCC clinic with another person in their party don't have to worry about whose going to carry their heavy luggage, but those who travel alone should pack light. Make sure you bring the luggage that has the wheels on it. It's alot easier to pull it through security and back to the van than to carry it.

I've seen several posts of patients wanting to know what to bring. I've found its best to pack light. You know,, bring your toiletries and a couple of sets of loose fitting clothes. Your going to be at the clinic and at the hotel Lucerna a few days, you don't need much. You got to remember that you just had Lap-band surgery. Most of the time when crossing the border back into the states, you have to go through the US border security. That means the OCC van has to be emptied and everyones luggage and carry on's have to go through the security xray just like at the airport. Those who travel to the OCC clinic with another person in their party don't have to worry about whose going to carry their heavy luggage, but those who travel alone should pack light. Make sure you bring the luggage that has the wheels on it. It's alot easier to pull it through security and back to the van than to carry it.

Thank you so much for starting this post! Everyone needs to know this. I remember when I was there last May and coming back over the border. There were a few people that went way overboard with luggage and all of it had to be checked, so Francisco had to take bag after bag into the security check and had to make several trips. He was really flustered because we were already running a bit late and some of the passengers had to catch planes very soon. We were able to go through the express lane at security, because otherwise there was several long lines of cars and people. At least one person that I know of missed their flight and didn't get home till the wee hours the next day. Francisco was really sweating and stressed, but most didn't know what the situation would bring with all the extra bags. He told us next time to please pack lighter. Now we know. My mom and I only had our purses and one shared rolling bag. That was probably too much too.

You are so right when you say only there for a few days, so one big bag for two people should be enough, but I forgot to mention I had one extra bag with my CPAP machine in it. Really wish I could have left that one home. ;)

Take care and thanks again!

Peace,

Judy