HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND THE BAND???

HELLO ALL!!

I WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MY DOC IS HAVING TROUBLE GETTING IT DOWN. I WAS WONDERING IF I MIGHT BE TURNED AWAY FROM SURGERY BECAUSE OF THIS??!! WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON A PILL COMBO AND HOPEFULLY WILL GET IT UNDER CONTROL BEFORE MARCH 25th. [MY SURGERY DATE]

THE ONE DAY I HAD IT CHECKED IT WAS 179\100. TWO WEEKS LATER IT WAS 156\98. FOUR DAYS AGO IT WAS 159\100.

I SURE HOPE DOC CAN GET THIS LEVELED OUT SOON, BUT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM BEFORE SURGERY? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! :) DARLENE

OH YA, I STARTED TAKING GARLIC PILLS TOO.... SOMEONE TOLD ME IT WOULD HELP, BUT NOTHING SO FAR.

Hi Darlene,

I have high blood pressure and was newly diagnosed 4 months ago. I like you was worried about anything that would effect my pressure. I am 42 years old and 100lbs overweight. I got banded 2/21/08 and GOD YES, I was concerned about having the procedure with this condition. Most people looking to have this surgey, too have BP and some other issues. Now the issues of not having your blood pressure under control is another issue. :-? What meds are you trying? I was blessed that the first pill I tried worked!...... Quinpril 10 mg a day. There was an adjustment period, but I made it thru it. Call the center and speak to the Cardiologist to see what they suggest if any. Your doctor should have some input on this as well. I took my pill the day of surgery and today and everything is fine. I also took something else they gave me before going into surgery for the BP . Bottom line ,prayer is what worked for me. I needed to know that I knew that the Lord was on my side and I then had to TRUST Him, for the unseen issues I had no control over.

Finally, the Dr.s at the Center look at all these issues in determining how to deal with you during your time for surgery! =D> You will do just fine, My prayers go before you.

Peace :rolleyes:

Monet

Hi Darlene,

I have high blood pressure and was newly diagnosed 4 months ago. I like you was worried about anything that would effect my pressure. I am 42 years old and 100lbs overweight. I got banded 2/21/08 and GOD YES, I was concerned about having the procedure with this condition. Most people looking to have this surgey, too have BP and some other issues. Now the issues of not having your blood pressure under control is another issue. :-? What meds are you trying? I was blessed that the first pill I tried worked!...... Quinpril 10 mg a day. There was an adjustment period, but I made it thru it. Call the center and speak to the Cardiologist to see what they suggest if any. Your doctor should have some input on this as well. I took my pill the day of surgery and today and everything is fine. I also took something else they gave me before going into surgery for the BP . Bottom line ,prayer is what worked for me. I needed to know that I knew that the Lord was on my side and I then had to TRUST Him, for the unseen issues I had no control over.

Finally, the Dr.s at the Center look at all these issues in determining how to deal with you during your time for surgery! =D> You will do just fine, My prayers go before you.

Peace :rolleyes:

Monet

HELLO MONET,

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!! :) I AM CURRENTLY TAKING LISINOPRIL 10mg AND HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE 12.5mg. [THAT'S A"WATER PILL"] I GO BACK TO DOC IN 2 WEEKS TO SEE IF IT'S HELPING. I'M WORRIED THAT HE WON'T GET IT UNDER CONTROL BEFORE I GO FOR SURGERY AND I'LL BE TURNED AWAY. :((

IT'S FUNNY, WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY BLOOD PRESSURE BEING TOO LOW! I HOPING ONCE I GET THIS WEIGHT OFF THAT IT'LL GO BACK TO NORMAL.

I'M GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR SURGERY WENT SO WELL! KEEP US UPDATED ON YOUR PROGRESS, I LOVE TO READ HOW THING'S ARE GOING FOR EVERYONE DURING THE WHOLE BANDING PROCESS! :P

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS, [i NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET! :D ]

DARLENE

I'M 43.5yrs OLD AND ABOUT 75lbs. OVER WEIGHT

Darlene,

Your more than welcomed! I sooooooo well understand the frustration of having High BP, it's almost like you have no control and your relying on doctors to give you the answer. Well God has the answer to eveything that ills us and so you have to rely on HIM, Man can not help, they can only assist. The meds that your taking in is in the same family of the drug that I use. These meds respond differently for each indidivual. Now, one thing that I want to point out to you is that it is the Grace of God that you have caught this disease....because there are millions walking around and don't know that they have it! So we are thanking God for that! I freaked out when I finally found out what is was for me. I was offended that "mauh" a christian" and "I have high blood pressure",I lost it. I remember when I finally got the pills and I brought them home. I sat one of the pills on top of the bottle and cried all night because I had to take this pill or risk a heart attack or stroke. But God...... He understands our makeup and what freaks us out and what concerns us. He is CONCERNED! You want this surgery...right. Well, the God wants you healthy.....so I'll be lifting you up this week and belieiving the Lord that it is His will that it happens for you. :-? May I ask what the hold up is.......money? insurance? what is the blockage? Anyway what ever it is, if it the will of the Lord concerning YOU.......be it done unto you.

Keep me posted

God Be With you ><'

Monet :rolleyes: