Banded Mid-April

I was banded last week in Tijuana by Dr. Ortiz. More or less I feel okay... however I feel very hungry and some pain (I guess from the gas). I immediately assumed that my "hunger" was mental, but I can hear my stomach growling and feeling hunger pangs, plus I have been on plenty of crash diets where I fasted from 3-5 days, or took some version of Phen and didn't eat ANYTHING all day and didn't feel as hungry as I have since the surgery.

I am hoping that it will start to subside when I transition to full liquids later this week. We'll see. I am optimistic.

The worst part so far though is that I have managed (somehow) to catch a cold and can't stop sneezing OOOUUCCHHH!!!!!

I'll keep checking in and posting my progress, but like I said I am an optimistic person, and I believe that this LAP-BAND must work, or else people wouldn't be having the type of success, and others wouldn't be traveling in droves and paying such costs to follow in their foot steps if it didn't work.

So to everyone out there - keep your chins up!

I was banded last week in Tijuana by Dr. Ortiz. More or less I feel okay... however I feel very hungry and some pain (I guess from the gas). I immediately assumed that my "hunger" was mental, but I can hear my stomach growling and feeling hunger pangs, plus I have been on plenty of crash diets where I fasted from 3-5 days, or took some version of Phen and didn't eat ANYTHING all day and didn't feel as hungry as I have since the surgery.

I am hoping that it will start to subside when I transition to full liquids later this week. We'll see. I am optimistic.

The worst part so far though is that I have managed (somehow) to catch a cold and can't stop sneezing OOOUUCCHHH!!!!!

I'll keep checking in and posting my progress, but like I said I am an optimistic person, and I believe that this LAP-BAND must work, or else people wouldn't be having the type of success, and others wouldn't be traveling in droves and paying such costs to follow in their foot steps if it didn't work.

Hello Crash,

I was banded last week by Dr. Ortiz also. I know what you are experiencing as far as the hunger pangs go. I was an emotional eater...food comforts me..and I nibbled alot. I emptied my cupboards before my pre-op diet phase (took a tip from Dr. Phil who says "if it ain't there, you can't eat it"!...lol) This was easy for me to do because I am a widow and have no one else living with me to consider the sharing of nourishment.

I have an enormous excess of energy, so much so, that I have over-done it. Dr. Ortiz's book is a great source of inspiration and motivation for me. He keeps emphasizing that this is a "tool" not a magic wand. I keep telling myself that I must learn to think more of myself (health wise) than that great ol' big bagel smothered in cream cheese that packs on the pounds and clogs my arteries! (Smiling big time!)

You can do it Crash....and we are all here to help you! We all have a story.....some of us will succeed and others will succumb and try to blame it on oh just anything handy, the doctor, their spouse, their family, etc. I get my greatest motivation and support from my two daughter's who were banded the same day as I, however, the bottom line is when I stand in my bathroom, naked as the day I was born and I see the real me. I don't much like it...I can see the FAT around my tummy choking my heart to death and I know that it is up to me to do my part, Dr. Ortiz has done his part, now it's up to me! I say "God help me" and I know that I can make it through one more minute, one more sip of water or gator-aide, one more hour and a pop sicle, one more post in lapband forum with a human on the other end that knows exactly what it feels like, one more day and a few more pounds lighter.....ONE DAY AT A TIME....because FAT KILLS! And ya' know what Crash? We're worth it! God be with and an angel on your pillow to encourage you and set you free from food! Good luck my friend...... ;) Dreamer

Hey Crash,

I was banded on 4/13 and completely understand when you talk about feeling hungry. At about day 5, my hunger was so bad that by the evening I was doubled over from hunger pangs which only exacerbated the gas pain and I could not even sleep. I emailed Dr Miranda telling her my situation and she responded the very next day letting me know I could eat 3 yogurts a day. If it gets really bad you might want to contact her. It made all the difference in the world. The next night, I had a yogurt around 7:30 and slept like a baby.

Sorry to hear about your cold, that is really unfortunate.

I was banded April 17. Before I left Tj to go back home I was concerned because my stomach was swollen and distended. I could see it through my skin on my belly. It is still swollen a little. (It sticks out a little and is visible to the eye). Has anyone else had this problem? Dr. Ortiz had his nurse come look before I left town and he said it is normal. Anyone else have this problem? Is it normal?