Banded 2/21/08

><' I first want to give thanks to my Lord Savior Jesus Christ for providing solutions for the stuck times in my life. I am grafeful for prayer and the workings that it affords us!

I like most of you, traveled to TJ to have my surgery done to save some money, and because I had heard that Dr. Oriz is the best in what he does! The service was Outstanding!!!!!!!!! The staff was warm and polite and me and others all recieved one on one service. The surroundings were warm and exciting. I went by myself from Las Vegs, NV and never regreted not having someone with me. The lobby in the Center was full with US citizens from all over the States getting the bands. We all talked and shared our questions and fears......but no one had doubts abut doing it. Once you get to Mexico, it was all good. Once your in the Center, the staff coming in were very kind and loving with one another and most importantly they treated us like gold. =D> The anticipation of surgery lessened as the next bunch of newbies ( bandsters) come out from their over night stays in the Center going to there hotel room with smiles on their faces. No doubt it was the same people that I had just meet the day before.

Well it was my turn.....one by one they called us in the back . MUST TAKE BREAK HERE NEED TO EAT AND TAKE MEDS, WILL POST LATER,,,THE STORY GETS BETTER STAY TUNED I'M SO EXCITED :D

Thanks for sharing the first half of your surgery experience, I am also from Las Vegas (Henderson actually) and am scheduled for the 29th. Maybe we can get together for a fill trip back to TJ!

I was in Tj and banded on 2/18! great experience! I want to head to Tj for a fill too! Loved it there and in the OCC clinic! Great people! =D>

><' I first want to give thanks to my Lord Savior Jesus Christ for providing solutions for the stuck times in my life. I am grafeful for prayer and the workings that it affords us!

I like most of you, traveled to TJ to have my surgery done to save some money, and because I had heard that Dr. Oriz is the best in what he does! The service was Outstanding!!!!!!!!! The staff was warm and polite and me and others all recieved one on one service. The surroundings were warm and exciting. I went by myself from Las Vegs, NV and never regreted not having someone with me. The lobby in the Center was full with US citizens from all over the States getting the bands. We all talked and shared our questions and fears......but no one had doubts abut doing it. Once you get to Mexico, it was all good. Once your in the Center, the staff coming in were very kind and loving with one another and most importantly they treated us like gold. =D> The anticipation of surgery lessened as the next bunch of newbies ( bandsters) come out from their over night stays in the Center going to there hotel room with smiles on their faces. No doubt it was the same people that I had just meet the day before.

Well it was my turn.....one by one they called us in the back . MUST TAKE BREAK HERE NEED TO EAT AND TAKE MEDS, WILL POST LATER,,,THE STORY GETS BETTER STAY TUNED I'M SO EXCITED :D

its feb 24th! where is the rest of the post! haha :lol: My surgery is wednesday and Im hoping that this will be the last post I read before heading out to TJ from Florida!

Ok Ok ....back by popular demand!!! Here we go! Well they called my name and man I felt like th tiger in the wizard of Oz....make a run for it! :(( It was my time to do this. Now yes, I must confess I was full of hot air and was calling on the name of the Lord!!! I remember asking "who" :blink: Me?????Anyway, I was ready. They brought me in a showed me to "my private room with my name and where I was from. :rolleyes: The rooms were so peaceful!!! Fountains, LdL flat screen T.Vs and cable and your own phone to make your last call to the US :(( for help.......just joking. You could use the phone and get incomig and outgoing calls to pretty much anywhere. Your family could call in as well. =D>

They had us change and started IV, now in this IV had the works.....Nexium, antibiotic, and pain meds all in one. They gave us a adivan to calm us down. By the way everyone gets that.......laugh pill :lol: that is and you are laughing about nothing! I remember showing up to%2

:-? Ok people... I promised that I told the rest of the story....not sure why it did not post. I will be happy to respond to emails if you email me at lawdiva2006@yahoo.com. I will try again later to finish this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

Be Blessed ><'

:-? Ok people... I promised that I told the rest of the story....not sure why it did not post. I will be happy to respond to emails if you email me at lawdiva2006@yahoo.com. I will try again later to finish this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

Be Blessed ><'

uggh :o ... I'm w/Mackenzie... I'll be going in for surgery on the 28th... well leaving tomorrow a.m. Finish the post PLEASE :) or send to me WAgal.

Be Blessed ><'

oh man... I am anxious to hear the rest... ok... you go take care of yourself first. don't overdo it. I will be patient.

My feelings of apprehension are finally being neutralized.

One question tho, what did you mean about the laughing? like laughing gas?

I like it... had that only once with a surgery and was just telling my sis (who is being banded with me) that it was the best way to go under...

let me know k?

Ok, here we go again. =D> NO LAUGHING GAS.....GOD NO! Adavan, is the pill and it just calms you down and makes things real easy.

They wheeled us in one by one and out we came in 30 min or less. Dr. Ortiz repaired my hernia, when he went in! Next.......... Anyway, they put me out and I remembered coming to in my private room. Starting vomiting as a first reaction.....nothing serious though! Little sore but the staffs' bedside manners were great!!!! That night we slept good and had a nurse and doctor on staff the whole night. They were sleep though....but a hollar away. We were never straped to oxygen or heart monitors cause we did not need it! :P The surgery was real easy and we were up and out the next day. I went back to the hotel and just slept. The next day, I was checked by the Dr. at the center and off I went to the airport!!!! My experience was awesome!!!!!

Finally, I was given a lovenos (blood thinner) in my stomach as pre caution because I had a blood clot in my lungs in 2005. They also gave me another pill along with my Blood pressure meds as so to stablize my blood pressure during surgery.....bottom line I was well taken care of!

God answers prayers! ><'

Glad things went so well for you. Now for the "hard" part, the post op diet. Keep us posted!