Eating Out after the Band...

I came across a blog topic on "Restaurant Cards" that you can give to your server that would allow you to order off of the children's menu, with out any hassles.

This is what I mean: restaurant-card-bariatric-surgery-04-thumb.gif

So I guess my question is when you do eat out after you are back to solids, do you order a regular entree and just leave 2/3rds on your plate (or take it home in a doggy bag) or do you try to order off of the children's menu?

Have you ever had any issues ordering off of the kids menu, and if so do you think you would use a card like this or that it would help?

Hi,

I've been back on solids for 3 weeks now. My husband and I have eaten out on several different occasions. Most of the time we split an entree', which I still have to take half of mine home, but I have ordered off the children's menu and didn't have any trouble. They give you one of those cards at the OCC but I haven't had to use it yet. My husband doesn't mind sharing at the restaurant because he's trying to lose a few extra pounds. Not to mention he's an accountant and doesn't mind the savings of ordering only 1 meal...lol. Hope all goes well with you.

Ella

different places have different policies. I work at outback one night a week and adults are allowed order off the kids menu. Some places have it written above the kids menu items that you have to be 12 or under so that might be a place where the card would come in handy. Just be sure to leave a few extra dollars if you do order of the kids menu OR split a meal bc as a server that is my pet peeve!

I was banded almost two years ago. At the time of surgery, you're given a card that says you should be allowed to order from the kids menu. I've never had to actually show it, but a couple of times I've had to inform the waiter/waitress that I did have a card and they WOULD be letting me order from the kids menu...at the kids price. Some have tried to charge a higher price for the exact same kids plate, and I don't accept that either. Its not a bigger portion...so, not going to be a bigger price. Most of the time, I avoid it by sharing with someone...but, don't be afraid to order off the kids menu. Stick up for yourself!