Surgery 2/27

MY SURGERY DATE IS WEDNESDAY!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS...NOT NERVOUS FOR THE SURGERY ITSELF, BUT FOR AFTERWARDS. FOOD IS AN ADDICTION FOR ME AND THAT HAS BEEN PROVED DURING THE POST OP DIET. I HAVE CHEATED (A FEW TIMES...) BC THE URGES WERE JUST TOO STRONG. I QUIT SMOKING WITHOUT A PROBLEM...BUT FOOD IS A DIFFERENT STORY! I HAVE LOST ABOUT 8-10 POUNDS ON THE PRE OP DIET WHICH IS BETTER THEN NOTHING, BUT IM STARTING TO REALIZE THAT THERE IS NO CHEATING AFTER 2/27! I AM SO SICK OF FOOD, LITERALLY, THAT IM ACTUALLY EXCITED THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EAT FOOD- ONLY LIQUIDS! I JUST THINK EVERYDAY THAT THE WAY I WILL FEEL OUTWEIGHS HOW FOOD MAKES ME FEEL BC IT ONLY MAKES ME FEEL FOR FOR A MINUTE. I CAN OVERCOME THIS- AND I HOPE THAT ANYONE ELSE BEGINING THIS JOURNEY, WHO FEELS LIKE ME, WILL REALIZE THAT THEY CAN DO IT TOO! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! 2 MORE DAYS! ;)

Good luck to you! How exciting that your surgery is so close! I can't wait to hear about your experience. ><'

I have a food addiction also. I am very scared about the pre-op diet as well as quitting smoking. Can I really quit smoking AND eating at the same time? LOL What have I gotten myself into? hahaha

Good luck to you! How exciting that your surgery is so close! I can't wait to hear about your experience. ><'

I have a food addiction also. I am very scared about the pre-op diet as well as quitting smoking. Can I really quit smoking AND eating at the same time? LOL What have I gotten myself into? hahaha

hahahaha- yeah its a chore! the smoking wasnt tooo bad- i think my brain was consumed with the food. If you dont own a scale (like me) buy one! it will give you a little motivation with every pound lost! And my tip for the smoking, do with it what you want, dont put yourself in a situation that you know you would want to smoke! For the first weekend i stayed home away from my friends and bars bc i knew i would want to smoke! this weekend I went to a friends house for a few hours and then went home, very proud that i didnt have a beer or a cigarette! I dont know how much you smoked...i probably smoked like a pack and 1/2 a week...so i wasnt a heavy smoker...really only on the weekends! good luck. i will post about my surgery next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

ps i did the slim fast optima shakes- the cappicino delight i really enjoy! i bought 2 more cases for my post op diet. and you maaaay want to start the pre op a little early to leave room for slip ups bc God knows I had them ;o)

hahahaha- yeah its a chore! the smoking wasnt tooo bad- i think my brain was consumed with the food. If you dont own a scale (like me) buy one! it will give you a little motivation with every pound lost! And my tip for the smoking, do with it what you want, dont put yourself in a situation that you know you would want to smoke! For the first weekend i stayed home away from my friends and bars bc i knew i would want to smoke! this weekend I went to a friends house for a few hours and then went home, very proud that i didnt have a beer or a cigarette! I dont know how much you smoked...i probably smoked like a pack and 1/2 a week...so i wasnt a heavy smoker...really only on the weekends! good luck. i will post about my surgery next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

ps i did the slim fast optima shakes- the cappicino delight i really enjoy! i bought 2 more cases for my post op diet. and you maaaay want to start the pre op a little early to leave room for slip ups bc God knows I had them ;o)

Thanks for the tips! I am a pack a day smoker so it is gonna be tough on me. The only times I have quit before was during my pregnancies. I am hoping my pre-op diet goes well. I need to lose 9-10 lbs before March 28th so we will see. I also bought some of those Slim Fast shakes. I am gonna start them soon. This is all so scary and exciting!!

Hi,

Sounds like you all are doing great! Way to go! Don't worry about little cheats. We all have been there. As long as you realize that they are bumps in your pre-diet road and get back to watching yourself, then you will do great! I too was sick of food and am a smoker. I quit about a week before the surgery and continued after. That is NOT the way to do it, but some are in the same situation and some were able to completely quit and never go back. I never had a food addiction, but just made really poor choices in food. I am not a heavy or moderate smoker. I maybe smoke less than half a pack a day depending what I am doing.

Let me tell you that it is SOOOO exciting when you know you can't eat very much food anymore and the weight starts coming off. Since my last(second) fill, I can eat very little and have to be careful what I eat too.

Take care and good luck on your weight loss journeys!

Peace,

Judy

MY SURGERY DATE IS WEDNESDAY!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED AND NERVOUS...NOT NERVOUS FOR THE SURGERY ITSELF, BUT FOR AFTERWARDS. FOOD IS AN ADDICTION FOR ME AND THAT HAS BEEN PROVED DURING THE POST OP DIET. I HAVE CHEATED (A FEW TIMES...) BC THE URGES WERE JUST TOO STRONG. I QUIT SMOKING WITHOUT A PROBLEM...BUT FOOD IS A DIFFERENT STORY! I HAVE LOST ABOUT 8-10 POUNDS ON THE PRE OP DIET WHICH IS BETTER THEN NOTHING, BUT IM STARTING TO REALIZE THAT THERE IS NO CHEATING AFTER 2/27! I AM SO SICK OF FOOD, LITERALLY, THAT IM ACTUALLY EXCITED THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EAT FOOD- ONLY LIQUIDS! I JUST THINK EVERYDAY THAT THE WAY I WILL FEEL OUTWEIGHS HOW FOOD MAKES ME FEEL BC IT ONLY MAKES ME FEEL FOR FOR A MINUTE. I CAN OVERCOME THIS- AND I HOPE THAT ANYONE ELSE BEGINING THIS JOURNEY, WHO FEELS LIKE ME, WILL REALIZE THAT THEY CAN DO IT TOO! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! 2 MORE DAYS! ;)

You can do it! Stay on the forum because I was banded on 2/18 and let me tell you, i get strength everyday from something I read on the forum! You can do it! It will be one week tomorrow for me and I am doing great! Go for it!

Mackenzie! I'll see you at San Diego!

Talk to your doctor about going on Chantix to help you quit smoking. I was a 2 pack a day for almost 40 years and it helped me quit smoking. My food addiction has been harder to deal with. I can't imagine dealing with both at the same time so good luck! Remember what they say--If it's something you really want, it is worth working for.