Mid or Late April Fill

I'd like to go down to get a fill between April 17 to the end of April. Thursdays or Saturdays work best for me. I only get rides from the OCC because it's so easy and safe etc... so I'd like to find people to go down with me. I fly in in the a.m. and then leave the same day later afternoons usually.

Please let me know anyone!

Thanks,

Karen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi! I am arriving at San Diego airport on April 23rd at 7:49 pm if thats any help to you -

I'm not leaving till Friday night - so I doubt that would help you on the return.....

Lisa

Lisa--

My daughter and I are arriving on the same evening, 4/23, but a bit after you. Our arrival is scheduled for 8:45 pm. Maybe we will see you there. We are getting a ride with the OCC van.

Diana

• 3 weeks later...

Arriving April 23 at 0830 in morning.. i'm doing the trolley thing back and forth in same day... Anyone want to tag along it's much cheaper than the van... Done it 3-4 times now

Lisa--

My daughter and I are arriving on the same evening, 4/23, but a bit after you. Our arrival is scheduled for 8:45 pm. Maybe we will see you there. We are getting a ride with the OCC van.

Diana

Hi, Diana ! I'm willing to wait to share costs -- I've been emailing Claudia - do you want me to tell her we'll

share ?? Thats fine with me!! When are you leaving ??

Lisa

Arriving April 23 at 0830 in morning.. i'm doing the trolley thing back and forth in same day... Anyone want to tag along it's much cheaper than the van... Done it 3-4 times now

Hi, Tom - I might do that back == can you tell me more details on how to do it ?

Since I'm probably ride sharing down (you're getting in EARLY!), I might do it

back -- how would I do it from Lucerna? Thanks !!

Lisa

Hi Lisa--

I'm glad you posted. If you are emailing Claudia, please let her know that we will share the OCC van. Thanks for being willing to wait for us. Look forward to meeting you there. My email is tootsie_lou@comcast.net if you would like to swap cell numbers. Is this your first fill?

Diana

LisaVA if you want i should be getting my fill around 930-1030 on april 23rd we can either walk back across border or take taxie from clinic or even hotel... its no more than 2 mile walk... and the way i go pretty safe.. then to the trolley then one bus to airport. just let me know...

LisaVA if you want i should be getting my fill around 930-1030 on april 23rd we can either walk back across border or take taxie from clinic or even hotel... its no more than 2 mile walk... and the way i go pretty safe.. then to the trolley then one bus to airport. just let me know...

Hi, Tom! my fill appt is Thursday morning at 11 - will you still be there ?? I'm coming in the night before --

Lisa

no, but there are detailed instructions on how to take the trolley and bus... take taxi to border.. cross border take trolley to downtown take bus to airport.. pull up the san diego transit website its really easy

no, but there are detailed instructions on how to take the trolley and bus... take taxi to border.. cross border take trolley to downtown take bus to airport.. pull up the san diego transit website its really easy

Hi, Tom - I'm sorry we will miss each other - I was hoping to meet you! I was all ready to do the walk, trolley thing until I read todays Washington Post. I'm tough, but I'm not stupid, I won't do this alone.

(I tried to link it, but its not a stand alone article - sorry) Take good care - good luck on your fill! Lisa

SECURITY WATCH

Abductions in Mexico

A new travel alert -- or, to be precise, an updated alert -- was issued last week for Americans traveling to Mexico. The State Department bulletin was concerned primarily with criminal activity in the border towns and warned of an increase in narcotics-related violence, including carjackings and armed robbery. But it was this rather astonishing statement that caught CoGo's eye: "Dozens of U.S. citizens were kidnapped and/or murdered in Tijuana in 2007."

Wondering why a stern warning wasn't issued sooner? It's not that media outlets haven't dutifully reported the situation. A February article in the San Diego Union-Tribune, for instance, revealed that "organized, well-financed and violent Mexican kidnapping cells are targeting a growing number of U.S. citizens visiting communities popular with San Diegans and other California residents." Indeed, according to the paper, at least 26 residents of the San Diego area were abducted and held for ransom last year.

When contacted by CoGo, Arturo Martinez Esquer of the Baja California State Tourism Secretariat disputed media accounts of a crime wave, stating that Baja "welcomes more than 25 million visitors a year. Only a few of those have experienced any considerable setbacks during their stay, and none of them since late November of 2007." He said 380,000 people visited Baja during the recent spring break season and experienced no "major setbacks."

But Newsweek, which also investigated the kidnapping surge, reported in a February issue that 18 Americans have been abducted since Thanksgiving . Some of the victims were seriously injured and others were killed, according to the magazine.

One thing's for sure: Americans visiting Mexican border towns should exercise caution. For information on how to avoid being a crime victim in Tijuana, see the Web site of the U.S. consulate general in Tijuana at http://tijuana.usconsulate.gov.

OMG... one reason to always travel in groups! Don't go alone, and if you are, make sure you pay the extra money to have the OCC driver chauffer you.