just banded

Hi my name is Karen and i was banded on Thursday the 27th. overall all the surgery went well except for when i came out of surgery and they woke me up i was crying hysterically, now even though i was in a great deal of pain i don't think that's why i was crying i think the anastasia had me drunk and belligerent, i was so embarrassed the next morning when the doctors teased me about spilling all me secrets. my stomach did hurt a lot but once they doped me up with pain killers i was great!!

I had the best experience there everyone on Dr. Ortiz's staff is great especially the enfermeras. i wish i could take them all home with me! :lol:

The best part is it has been three days now and the pain and discomfort is mild and my boyfriend is waiting on me hand and foot ( it's about time!)

I go back to school on Monday so will see how that goes i am in college part time so few hours shouldn't be to bad.

one concern: I was hungary today like my stomach started growling so i put a little food in it and it made me feel full but i was so scared about my band slipping that i doubt i will do it again.

Hi my name is Karen and i was banded on Thursday the 27th. overall all the surgery went well except for when i came out of surgery and they woke me up i was crying hysterically, now even though i was in a great deal of pain i don't think that's why i was crying i think the anastasia had me drunk and belligerent, i was so embarrassed the next morning when the doctors teased me about spilling all me secrets. my stomach did hurt a lot but once they doped me up with pain killers i was great!!

I had the best experience there everyone on Dr. Ortiz's staff is great especially the enfermeras. i wish i could take them all home with me! :lol:

The best part is it has been three days now and the pain and discomfort is mild and my boyfriend is waiting on me hand and foot ( it's about time!)

I go back to school on Monday so will see how that goes i am in college part time so few hours shouldn't be to bad.

one concern: I was hungary today like my stomach started growling so i put a little food in it and it made me feel full but i was so scared about my band slipping that i doubt i will do it again.

Hi Karen,

I was getting my pre-op the day of your surgery. I remember your mom and (I think boyfriend's mom) went in to see you and then came out and said you were just crying and they didn't want to upset you.

I had a similar but very delayed reaction. When I came home on Sunday after the plane trip and car drive I was a bit down for awhile. Maybe it was coming off of the great meds they give you. This liquid diet is ... very interesting.

Take care,

NWMarc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karen,

I had the simular experience also. When I came home and had quiet time I started getting anxious and cried hoping that I had made the right decision. I called mama and she calmed me down. This must be a mood swing we bandster have. Well its great that I have found this group and enjoy reading everyones experiences. To all bandsters lets keep up your chat and CHIN up high!

Well, Karen and Marc, sounds like we are all ships passing......I went in on Tues. May 2. Since, Monday was "Labor Day" in Mexico, they postponed us a day. Which was fine, I got to have a final goodbye with 2 ding dongs and a diet coke.

While doing all my "same day" lab work.....I passed out.....yep.....and that "sweet" man that works in the lab caught me as I was falling backwards. I didn't go all the way out though, just the room went hazy, then dark, then hot like an oven. He was so nice and layed me back and put my feet up.

I arrived at 8:00 on Tues., was done with all the labwork and stuff by 10:00, and was in my room and cozy in my bed by 11:00. Hey, how about the fancy nylons we got to wear??? My husband wants me to own a pair of those things......LOL. My legs are so damn fat though, I could barely pull those suckers up. But how about that bed......wasn't that bed soft and mushy??? They must know how fat people like a mushy bed!!! Then came the "must wonderful pills in the world" pills that they plopped under my tongue. After about a minute, I let some saliva run under my tongue and I swallowed......Whoaaaaaa the adreneline rush damn near knocked my nylons off......LOL. I sent my husband home around 1:30, since the kids needed him to be home by 3:00 when they got home from school. I took a nice nap until about 2:30 when another "sweet" gentleman came into get me. And we made that walk........"Fat girl walking" I wanted to say. But I knew his English was limited and I just thought it would be the waste of a good line.

Speaking of lines.....does anyone remember the Bugs Bunny episode when the mad scientist sends bugs down the river and says "Nighty night little Rab-bit"???? When I was laying on the operating table, and Dr. Martinez looked over me and said "Just breath deep and I will see you after surgery". I attempted to say, Nighty night litttt.................---------------zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (gone) No wonder I'm not a stand up comedian.......I don't know when and where to deliver the punchline.

Well, I'm 9 days past banding and I feel well. Besides the harsh left shoulder pain that hits me every so often. I am down 12 lbs. Back into my tight jeans.....which I have discovered, makes that sharp shoulder pain reappear when I wear them too long. Looks like I'm gonna stick to wearing my workout pants for a bit longer.......hell this is the most action those pants have seen. Maybe some day.....I'll workout in them.

Nice sharing.......happy starving!!!!

Jen

Hi Karen,

I had the simular experience also. When I came home and had quiet time I started getting anxious and cried hoping that I had made the right decision. I called mama and she calmed me down. This must be a mood swing we bandster have. Well its great that I have found this group and enjoy reading everyones experiences. To all bandsters lets keep up your chat and CHIN up high!

OMG, I do remember that Bug's episode.=) It sounds like you were feeling pretty good by that point....wheeee...stick to stretchy comfy pants. Talk to ya soon, Laura :rolleyes:

Well, Karen and Marc, sounds like we are all ships passing......I went in on Tues. May 2. Since, Monday was "Labor Day" in Mexico, they postponed us a day. Which was fine, I got to have a final goodbye with 2 ding dongs and a diet coke.

While doing all my "same day" lab work.....I passed out.....yep.....and that "sweet" man that works in the lab caught me as I was falling backwards. I didn't go all the way out though, just the room went hazy, then dark, then hot like an oven. He was so nice and layed me back and put my feet up.

I arrived at 8:00 on Tues., was done with all the labwork and stuff by 10:00, and was in my room and cozy in my bed by 11:00. Hey, how about the fancy nylons we got to wear??? My husband wants me to own a pair of those things......LOL. My legs are so damn fat though, I could barely pull those suckers up. But how about that bed......wasn't that bed soft and mushy??? They must know how fat people like a mushy bed!!! Then came the "must wonderful pills in the world" pills that they plopped under my tongue. After about a minute, I let some saliva run under my tongue and I swallowed......Whoaaaaaa the adreneline rush damn near knocked my nylons off......LOL. I sent my husband home around 1:30, since the kids needed him to be home by 3:00 when they got home from school. I took a nice nap until about 2:30 when another "sweet" gentleman came into get me. And we made that walk........"Fat girl walking" I wanted to say. But I knew his English was limited and I just thought it would be the waste of a good line.

Speaking of lines.....does anyone remember the Bugs Bunny episode when the mad scientist sends bugs down the river and says "Nighty night little Rab-bit"???? When I was laying on the operating table, and Dr. Martinez looked over me and said "Just breath deep and I will see you after surgery". I attempted to say, Nighty night litttt.................---------------zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (gone) No wonder I'm not a stand up comedian.......I don't know when and where to deliver the punchline.

Well, I'm 9 days past banding and I feel well. Besides the harsh left shoulder pain that hits me every so often. I am down 12 lbs. Back into my tight jeans.....which I have discovered, makes that sharp shoulder pain reappear when I wear them too long. Looks like I'm gonna stick to wearing my workout pants for a bit longer.......hell this is the most action those pants have seen. Maybe some day.....I'll workout in them.

Nice sharing.......happy starving!!!!

Jen

Hi Laura,

Well, I did a NO-NO yesterday and ate a piece of Lasagna. I did what you told me "Chew to goo" and I ate the whole piece with no problems. No pain, no burping, nothing. So I ate another piece today. Nothing. I wonder if this things working.........<tap tap is this thing on?> LOL

Jen

OMG, I do remember that Bug's episode.=) It sounds like you were feeling pretty good by that point....wheeee...stick to stretchy comfy pants. Talk to ya soon, Laura :rolleyes:

Haha! taptap...testing, one ,two... :huh: Actually, I don't think it works for most people until you've had a fill. I think you can get your first fill at 6-wks post op. Keep me posted...good to hear from you. :P

Hi Laura,

Well, I did a NO-NO yesterday and ate a piece of Lasagna. I did what you told me "Chew to goo" and I ate the whole piece with no problems. No pain, no burping, nothing. So I ate another piece today. Nothing. I wonder if this things working.........<tap tap is this thing on?> LOL

Jen