To those that survived the pre-op diet...

Which one was your favorite? I am the type of person that gags at nasty things and the slim fast shakes gross me out. I start my pre-op diet in a week and am looking for the best type/flavor/hints and help from those of you that survived the pre-op diet :D

Manda

Which one was your favorite? I am the type of person that gags at nasty things and the slim fast shakes gross me out. I start my pre-op diet in a week and am looking for the best type/flavor/hints and help from those of you that survived the pre-op diet :D

Manda

If the slim fast grosses you out, you might want to try the aitkins. I loved the slimfast optima shakes! Good luck!

I will be starting my diet soon too. I tried the slim fast optima shakes and they were so thick that I was grossed out too. :blink: I then bought the powder you mix yourself with fat free milk and they are much better..not as thick! I am scared too. I have to lose 10-12 lbs, but I know I can do it!

I will be starting my diet soon too. I tried the slim fast optima shakes and they were so thick that I was grossed out too. :blink: I then bought the powder you mix yourself with fat free milk and they are much better..not as thick! I am scared too. I have to lose 10-12 lbs, but I know I can do it!

That is so weird about the slim fast shakes...i guess i am the weird one bc I LOVE the cappacino ones! You can do it! I lost about 10 lbs on the preop diet and there were times when i didnt stick to it at dinner time. Just remember that they will send you home if you dont lose anything! Good luck!

I was not a shake fan either but I liked the French Vanilla and the Strawberry. I would stick them in the freezer in the morning before going to work and then they would be nice and slushy....like a real shake!!!

I also found Bolthouse Farms makes a great protien shake....Vanilla Chai, Hazelnut and Mocha Cappacino. They are in the refigerated section near the juices....at Publix in the produce section where those juices are....

Very good and filling!

Campbell Select makes nice creamy soups - butternut squash, various tomato kinds, portobello mushroom, spinach, broccoli, etc.....very good....

Good luck all

The Boost shakes (for Glucose control) aren't bad, and they're lower in calorie because they don't have all the sugar.

Also, for the protein powder shakes, I ordered a ton of different extracts and mix those into my shakes with a little extra Splenda. You'd be amazed what a little coconut extract will do to a nasty chocolate shake. Peanut butter and cheesecake flavors are also tasty.

I liked the Slim Fast Optima. But, when I started Atkins that one was to high in carbs, so Dr. Miranda told me to use the Atkins Advantage and I love it. Tastes just like chocolate milk. I even tried the vanilla, expecting to hate it (the slim fast vanilla is gross) but it was just as good. Just like a thin vanills shake.

Try different brand of the shakes, they are all different in taste and texture.....I actually like the Kirkland brand from Costco, and the Safeway brands as they are lower in calories, and not as thick. Can only stomach the chocolate ones. I would also blend in a small amount of frozen fruit with them to make them taste better and make them slushy. Read the labels though......they are all different! My least favorite was the Optifast shakes that I ordered online, very expensive and horrible texture!

Probably too late for you since you're less than a week out but for others who are looking at the pre-op diet with dread; if you start working to lose weight as soon as you decide to get the surgery Dr Miranda may let you do a less drastic pre-op diet. I lost about 25 lbs in the three months before my pre-op diet was supposed to start by doing Atkins and was allowed to dump the protein shakes in favor of glucerna meal bars and lean cuisines.