Going across the border

Can some of you explain to me the process of going across the border? Also, what can/can't you bring back from Mexico?

Also does he give you pain meds to take home?

Can some of you explain to me the process of going across the border? Also, what can/can't you bring back from Mexico?

Hi there- you will get 4 pain pills/anti inflamatory to take every 12 hours (so it will last you two days) If you are still in pain they say to take a tylenol.

when you cross the border into mexico...there is nothing to it. you just cross the border.

when you cross the border back into the states its a bit different. You will see a line that is SO long, but you dont have to wait it in. The driver for the OCC will take you in a different line. You will wait for a while, and once its your turn you will get out with your luggage and go thru customs. To show your passport is easiest. The you will put your bag thru a security. Then you walk outside and meet the driver in a parking lot across the street. It took us about a hour and 15 minutes to get back over the border. As for you can bring back...Im not really sure. Hope this helps a bit!

Kimmie,

The border is simply a line dividing CA and TJ. Right now, you can go back and forth with a birth certificate and state Id. Going over, is just 10 min from San Diego airport and you just drive across the lime and your in TJ. Coming back, Fransico (driver), gets in a seperate line that gets you to the border quicker, rather than waiting in all the traffic. You must present a passport or certificate and an id.

The border thing is over rated, just a double yellow line. B)

Thanks..we have to be back at the airport in San Diego for a 640 am flight so I am just really worried.

HEY KIM....... MY QUESTION IS WHAT ARE YOU ALLOWED TO TAKE ON AIRPLANES NOW??? I HAVEN'T FLOWN SINCE JUST BEFORE 9\11, SO I'M NOT SURE WHAT THEY ALLOW. ARE YOU ALLOWED SHAMPOO, TOOTH PASTE, HAIR GEL, MOUSSE, ... I'M ONLY TAKING A CARRY ON BAG AND MY PURSE. ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED! :o DARLENE

HEY KIM....... MY QUESTION IS WHAT ARE YOU ALLOWED TO TAKE ON AIRPLANES NOW??? I HAVEN'T FLOWN SINCE JUST BEFORE 9\11, SO I'M NOT SURE WHAT THEY ALLOW. ARE YOU ALLOWED SHAMPOO, TOOTH PASTE, HAIR GEL, MOUSSE, ... I'M ONLY TAKING A CARRY ON BAG AND MY PURSE. ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED! :o DARLENE

ok- all liquids and gels have to be in 3 or 4oz containers and they all have to be in a gallon sized plastic bag. no sharp objects or lighters....for a complete list you might want to check online- whatever airline you are flying should have a list. be careful packing!!!! bc you will have to throw out anything that doesnt get past security!

I really need to start getting this stuff together!

I have heard you can buy meds in Tijuana. Can you bring those back?

Hi Kimmie!

I just got a fill in TJ 3 weeks ago, no problems. No passport is needed. Just a photo id, and your original birth certificate, or certified copy. It did take us 3 hours to get back over the border. and we were in a Mexicoach which is suppose to be faster. We did go on a Saturday, which I'm sure is much busier. Good luck!!!!-Helena in Las Vegas

I am wondering if we should stay in San Diego Saturday night since we have to be on the plane at 640 am? :unsure:

Thanks Pammie. =D>

I went ahead and booked us a room in San Diego. I was just too scared to risk missing my plane.

Call the transportation guy and ask him. I talked to him, and we are leaving the hotel at 5:OO am. I am not worried at all about it.

Paula