Pre-Op Diet

I am really worried to wait until 12 days before my surgery to lose the 10-12 lbs I need to lose. I have already started cutting back and I have lost 6 lbs! I am really happy about it. It is amazing how just a small amount of weight loss boosts your self esteem. Gosh how will I feel when I have lost 50 lbs? I will be crazy with happiness! :lol:

I am really worried to wait until 12 days before my surgery to lose the 10-12 lbs I need to lose. I have already started cutting back and I have lost 6 lbs! I am really happy about it. It is amazing how just a small amount of weight loss boosts your self esteem. Gosh how will I feel when I have lost 50 lbs? I will be crazy with happiness! :lol:

I am so jealous!! I've been trying very very hard, with no cheating whatsoever, and working my butt off to have only lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks! I still have another 15 to go and have only 3 weeks to do it or my surgery will be cancelled. I am so upset and depressed about it. I can't get my $1000 in plane tickets back. I switched from Atkins to the 2 shakes a day and I am not so sure that is even going to work. I started walking like mad, and exercising and all I get is 5 pounds!

Sorry for venting when you are so happy. I'm just horribly jealous and terribly afraid that they will refuse me.

Congratulations for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they specifically say you had to lose the weight or your surgery will be canceled? Or did they say lose the weight or your surgery MAY be canceled? In most cases, working hard to lose the weight is as important is actually losing the weight. The idea of the pre-op weight loss is to decrease the fatty tissue around the stomach and shrink the liver as much as possible which makes it easier for the doctors to work in there. You may be achieving those ends, but at the same time gaining muscle mass and water weight which would negate anything the scale says. Keep up with your exercise routine and pre-op diets and in all likeliness you'll be just fine. Oh, and if possible stop stressing, because stress is a huge barrier to weight loss.

Did they specifically say you had to lose the weight or your surgery will be canceled? Or did they say lose the weight or your surgery MAY be canceled? In most cases, working hard to lose the weight is as important is actually losing the weight. The idea of the pre-op weight loss is to decrease the fatty tissue around the stomach and shrink the liver as much as possible which makes it easier for the doctors to work in there. You may be achieving those ends, but at the same time gaining muscle mass and water weight which would negate anything the scale says. Keep up with your exercise routine and pre-op diets and in all likeliness you'll be just fine. Oh, and if possible stop stressing, because stress is a huge barrier to weight loss.

Yes, I was told my surgery would be canceled if I don't lose it. I certainly wouldn't make that up when I have spent so much non-refundable money already. I do know the reasons for it, but that isn't helping get the weight off. And I can't help but be upset knowing all of this. Especially since I could very well not even know until after I have flown across the entire country, just to be sent back home.

As you can see, I am becming very frustrated.

mona-camille~

I cut out all caffeine..no snacking..and have a shake in the morning, lean cuisine at lunch, and a small dinner. (like a child's plate) It seems to be working so far. Of course I have had success in the past dieting like this only to gain it back within a year which is why I need this band! Good luck..I am here if you need to chat or need support. ><'

Why don't you call Dr. Miranda rather than worry. She may have some suggestions to help you, and she may be able to ease your fears.

Paula

I am so jealous!! I've been trying very very hard, with no cheating whatsoever, and working my butt off to have only lost 5 pounds in 3 weeks! I still have another 15 to go and have only 3 weeks to do it or my surgery will be cancelled. I am so upset and depressed about it. I can't get my $1000 in plane tickets back. I switched from Atkins to the 2 shakes a day and I am not so sure that is even going to work. I started walking like mad, and exercising and all I get is 5 pounds!

Sorry for venting when you are so happy. I'm just horribly jealous and terribly afraid that they will refuse me.

Congratulations for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you call Dr. Miranda rather than worry. She may have some suggestions to help you, and she may be able to ease your fears.

Paula

I have. I am in touch with her every friday at weigh in. She changed me from Atkins to the shake thing this week. So come friday, we'll see.