banded 02/01/08 - not feeling and differant

I was banded on 02/01/08. I lost about 20lbs fairly quick. But I have not lost a single pound in about 2 weeks. And now that my pain has gone away, I don't feel a whole lot differant than I did before the surgery. I am dieting because I know that I need to. But I also feel like if I wanted to be bad, I could physically clean out the Shoney's buffet!! My doctor did not put any saline in my band during surgery so I am hoping that I am just needing a fill. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am so discouraged. I am so scared that just like every other diet I have tried, I am going to get burnt out on this as well, and then all this was for nothing. Please help!!

HELLO!! I am going through the same thing!! I got my band on 2/5/08, I lost 25lbs on the Preop and post op liquid diet...I go for my fill on the 12th, it was originally on the March 3rd, but they had to reschedule, so I am freaking out trying NOT to gain back the 25lbs...I didn't get any saline in my 10cc band at surgery time...and right now I feel like I could eat anything in site...I'm just trying to count calories right now and drinking lots of water....We will get through this...Have faith.....when do you go for your first fill?? :blink:

I was banded on 02/01/08. I lost about 20lbs fairly quick. But I have not lost a single pound in about 2 weeks. And now that my pain has gone away, I don't feel a whole lot differant than I did before the surgery. I am dieting because I know that I need to. But I also feel like if I wanted to be bad, I could physically clean out the Shoney's buffet!! My doctor did not put any saline in my band during surgery so I am hoping that I am just needing a fill. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am so discouraged. I am so scared that just like every other diet I have tried, I am going to get burnt out on this as well, and then all this was for nothing. Please help!!

Please read through past threads and learn what is going on with your body right now. You really are not expected to lose weight once you go back on solid foods, but before a fill. Many people gain weight. Don't go nuts about it; this is a healing time, not a losing time, and your band is not having any effect on you without a fill. When you get a fill or two you will feel different.

Thanks SnowBird, that makes me feel a lot better....Can't wait till that first fill!