nervous ready excited surgery 3/11/08

hi all,

just wanted to touch base and say hi and find out if any of you will be at the OCC this comming week the 10th-13th? My surgery is scheduled for the 11th and we leave the 13th for home. I am really happy and shocked at how fast the time has passed. I am doing good on the preop diet...feel a bit hungry but just talk myself out of it mostly. I really want to lose another 5lbs before tuesday so I am diligent~!

My dear husband is more excited than i am....he will get a short break from work etc...so it will nice for both of us. I just hope I feel like walking around and enjoying some alone time together?

We are leaving from Chicago and will arrive in san diego monday around 915..we are flying southwest..anyone else comming in at that time holler at me...would love to keep in touch and have a support group when it is all said and done. I am so thankful for this forum, the advice, help and understanding from you all is amazing. I have struggled for so long with obesity and will be so happy when i have a new healthy body....looking very forward to a skinny summer...maybe????? :rolleyes:

Again, thanks so much and hope to see some of you there.

krista

Hi Krista!

My surgery is not until the end of the month but I just wanted to wish you tons of luck! I can't wait to hear about your experience.

My husband is acting the same way. Today the exclaimed, "It is only two weeks away!" He went rushing around, putting a whole CASE of slimfast in the fridge. I asked him if he was going to help me drink all of them... laffing.. He is 6'1" and 150. The other day he mentioned that he couldn't remember when he last took a whole week off from work...

We are going two days early.. arriving Sunday. We are going to Sea World and the zoo before checking in on Tuesday. I hope I survive; today Dr. Jimenez told me to stop taking my celebrex until after my surgery.....ugh....arthritis in my knees will probaby flare back up.

Someone from Alaska is coming the same time we are there. We will turn our rental car back in at the airport, then meet our ride at Air Alaska baggage pickup, as someone else is arriving from there. I don't think that person has popped their head up here yet.

Well, excitement will only build from here. The day we leave will feel like Christmas day.

Until then,

Paula

hi all,

just wanted to touch base and say hi and find out if any of you will be at the OCC this comming week the 10th-13th? My surgery is scheduled for the 11th and we leave the 13th for home. I am really happy and shocked at how fast the time has passed. I am doing good on the preop diet...feel a bit hungry but just talk myself out of it mostly. I really want to lose another 5lbs before tuesday so I am diligent~!

My dear husband is more excited than i am....he will get a short break from work etc...so it will nice for both of us. I just hope I feel like walking around and enjoying some alone time together?

We are leaving from Chicago and will arrive in san diego monday around 915..we are flying southwest..anyone else comming in at that time holler at me...would love to keep in touch and have a support group when it is all said and done. I am so thankful for this forum, the advice, help and understanding from you all is amazing. I have struggled for so long with obesity and will be so happy when i have a new healthy body....looking very forward to a skinny summer...maybe????? :rolleyes:

krista

hi all,

krista

Hi Krista

My sister Diane and I are scheduled for the 10th...we will maybe see you...we arrive on the 9th in San Diego, around noonish...can't believe how fast the time has gone by, even though we only had 2 weeks to wait. Hope to see some of you at the hotel!

Im scheduled for the 10th so I will be there on Sunday at the hotel. I would really love to keep in touch with other people that have had surgery the same time as myself.... Really excited and looking forward to meeting new people who can relate to what Im feeling. Hope to see you there.