What to pack for my trip

I have a question for the women out there. Were you allowed to wear a bra after your surgery. I mean, right after, like on the way back to the hotel. I need to pack some appropriate shirts if I am to be FREE!!! LOL

Jen

Hey Jen,

I did not have a problem wearing a bra the day after surgery. There was an incision that was on the top part of my stomach but my bra did not rub it at all. I also brought a sports bra just in case but didn't need it. Hope that helps.

Kel

Hi - I recommend if you have a voluptous figure to take a cotton sports bra. There was no way I could tolerate a underwire bra. The sports bras were comfortable .. held everything in place... and did not rub the top incision that is right over the bottom of your breast bone (you know the landmark for CPR... that's where it is). As far as other clothes.. it was cooler in TJ than we thought and we froze. We packed t-shirts, capris, and flip flops. They are having unseasonably cool weather this spring. I sooooo wished I'd packed my tennis shoes and a jogging suit!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for the women out there. Were you allowed to wear a bra after your surgery. I mean, right after, like on the way back to the hotel. I need to pack some appropriate shirts if I am to be FREE!!! LOL

Jen

Hi Jen,

I just had surgery on 5 May and I wore regular clothing the next day. Regular underwire bra, blouse and nice soft yoga pants. I would not recommend blue jeans, but something with a soft waist.

Thanks for the advice. I have already been banded. I went in on May 2. So far so good. I have been having severe left shoulder pain. It's not constant, but comes and goes when I least expect it. This is apparently due to pressure on my diaphram due to swelling. I have discovered that I get it the worst when I wear my jeans. Maybe the pressure pushing my stomach upwards.....(these are my tight jeans by the way that I haven't been into in months) When I take the jeans off....the pain subsides.

Jen

Hi Jen,

I just had surgery on 5 May and I wore regular clothing the next day. Regular underwire bra, blouse and nice soft yoga pants. I would not recommend blue jeans, but something with a soft waist.