Banded yesterday 3/3

Hi All,

I arrived at the airport at 10:30am on monday from Philly, waited about 10 minutes then was picked up and went straight to the clinic. It took about 20 min, just drove across the border with no delays.

Claudia explained all the paper work, met with Dr Miranda, Dr Jiminez, Dentist and then Dr Miranda asked if I wanted to go ahead and have surgery today. I said sure!!! Ramped up my anxiety level a little but was glad to go on with things.

They take you to your room, put on gown and cute paper panties...why I don't know...in US you go in buck naked. Josi starts your IV and Carmelita pulls up your TEDS (compression hose). These are the ladies that make everything alright! They pat you on the hand, hold your hand or give you a hug... in general they offer whatever affection you need to get you through.

Talked to Ortiz for maybe 2 mins, he prefers to make jokes and keep things light. Dr Jiminez (cardiologist) was the go to guy for questions (for me), I didn't meet Dr. Martinez until the next day.

The whole surgery was uneventful!!!! ANy ladies who have had a c-section, this is a cake walk! The only pain I have is at the port site. Also, out of all the surgeries I've had (over 10) this was the best as far as coming out of anesthesia...I've had no nausea and was not whonked out. Be aware thought that you will start waking up before the tube comes out of your throat, a little weird but no pain when it is removed.

So now I've got two days of relaxation at Hotel Lucerna (heaven, no kids)

Lucerna and OCC have WiFi access, OCC's is secured so you need to ask for password and only worked periodically. Hotel Lucerna is unsecured and has strong signal.

Any questions, let me know I'll be holed up here until Thursday am.

SJ

I'm glad you are doing well =D> Keep in touch and let us know how the coming weeks are!

I'm glad everyone is mentioning the computer access, I had planned on leaving the laptop at home, but think I will bring it.

Let us know if you get any shopping done (can you tell I LOVE to shop) and any cool stores!

Amanda

I'm glad you are doing well =D> Keep in touch and let us know how the coming weeks are!

I'm glad everyone is mentioning the computer access, I had planned on leaving the laptop at home, but think I will bring it.

Let us know if you get any shopping done (can you tell I LOVE to shop) and any cool stores!

Amanda

I am so glad to hear you had a great experience. Please let me know how your flight home goes. I too come from Pa. Bethlehem, about an hour north of Philly. I think I am more worried about the flight home than anything else.

Thanks! My home e-mail is ramona29@rcn.com

After a totally uneventful and painless (thanks to whatever magic little pill they send you home with) night I am up drinking coffee on my balcony overlooking the pool. The staff at Lucerna are amazing!

Amanda...I am so not a shopper but have a lot of time to kill today and will check out the stores and let you know what I find.

Ramona...I am not concerned at all about the flight home, pain wise, as I really have no pain just tenderness at port site.

Hey sj

ITS JACKIE I WAS THERE WITH YOU WE GOT OPERATED THE SAME DAY AS YOU I DONT KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER ME!!

IM SO GLADS YOU FEEL GOOD!! ><' AND THAT EVERYTHING WENT GREAT!!

Hi Jackie,

So you made it home already! Did you eat at the restaurant last night? I ordered broth from room service and did not like it!! I know...broth is broth...it just skeeved me out for some reason. Just got back from Revolution Ave and am settling down with a nice glass of apple juice and spongebob in spanish. I'll be watching out for your posts on your progress.

SJ

Hi,

I made it home to -6 degree F weather after being banded 3/3/08 over an older vertical gastrioplasty. I am very happy with the OCC experience. It was far beyond what I expected. The physicians were especially warm and responsive. I cannot say enough about the good treatment. I am not one to throw compliments around, but I am very happy. The weight loss is now in my hands. thanks to all.

Candace

Hi All,

I arrived at the airport at 10:30am on monday from Philly, waited about 10 minutes then was picked up and went straight to the clinic. It took about 20 min, just drove across the border with no delays.

Claudia explained all the paper work, met with Dr Miranda, Dr Jiminez, Dentist and then Dr Miranda asked if I wanted to go ahead and have surgery today. I said sure!!! Ramped up my anxiety level a little but was glad to go on with things.

They take you to your room, put on gown and cute paper panties...why I don't know...in US you go in buck naked. Josi starts your IV and Carmelita pulls up your TEDS (compression hose). These are the ladies that make everything alright! They pat you on the hand, hold your hand or give you a hug... in general they offer whatever affection you need to get you through.

Talked to Ortiz for maybe 2 mins, he prefers to make jokes and keep things light. Dr Jiminez (cardiologist) was the go to guy for questions (for me), I didn't meet Dr. Martinez until the next day.

The whole surgery was uneventful!!!! ANy ladies who have had a c-section, this is a cake walk! The only pain I have is at the port site. Also, out of all the surgeries I've had (over 10) this was the best as far as coming out of anesthesia...I've had no nausea and was not whonked out. Be aware thought that you will start waking up before the tube comes out of your throat, a little weird but no pain when it is removed.

So now I've got two days of relaxation at Hotel Lucerna (heaven, no kids)

Lucerna and OCC have WiFi access, OCC's is secured so you need to ask for password and only worked periodically. Hotel Lucerna is unsecured and has strong signal.

Any questions, let me know I'll be holed up here until Thursday am.

SJ