Fill June 12, 2006

Any suggestions on fills? I was banded two weeks ago, but with the price of airfare climbing every day I went ahead and booked a fill for June 12 to save on airline fees. Dr. Martinez is scheduled to do my fill. I'd like to hear experiences of others who have had their first fill done. Thanks!

Any suggestions on fills? I was banded two weeks ago, but with the price of airfare climbing every day I went ahead and booked a fill for June 12 to save on airline fees. Dr. Martinez is scheduled to do my fill. I'd like to hear experiences of others who have had their first fill done. Thanks!

What would you like to know? Do you have specific questions or concerns?

Jenna -

Thanks for you reply. I was just wondering about the procedure itself and what to expect. Right now, I can't even think about someone sticking a needle in my tender port site!!! :lol: Do they use a local? Carolyn with Dr. Ortiz's office, had mentioned nothing by mouth at midnight before the procedure and liquids a few days after. Was just wanting to hear others experiences with fills since there aren't many posts about the fill procedure itself on this site.

I just got back from getting my first fill. The fill itself was fine...mostly painless and I can definitely tell a difference since. From the time of eating solids, post-op, I really didn't have much restriction at all--so, I am excited to finally have a bit of tightness. Just started eating solids again last night (day 3 following fill) and everything seems ok...just taking it easy with small bites and lots of chewing. I am glad to see the scales going down again...

Hope your trip goes well.

Kris