question for a expierenced "bandster"

I just had surgery last wednesday- so i am still on all liquids- i have been following the pre op diet-....i can tell if i have gas pain-or if i am drinking to quickly. I am still taking sips, but im wondering if i am still drinking too quickly.... let me know if you can! thanks!

Mackenzie

I just had surgery last wednesday- so i am still on all liquids- i have been following the pre op diet-....i can tell if i have gas pain-or if i am drinking to quickly. I am still taking sips, but im wondering if i am still drinking too quickly.... let me know if you can! thanks!

Mackenzie

i had gas pains for about 10 days and they were painful - i never had any trouble with liquids... i would suggest continuing to take baby sips for a few more days... its better to be safe than sorry and there is no hurry to get the liquids down as long as you are getting some nurtients and the sips are staying down. if you are unable to keep liquids down without them gurgling back up then call the doctor - you are still swollen - it will take a while to heal yet.

kim

i had gas pains for about 10 days and they were painful - i never had any trouble with liquids... i would suggest continuing to take baby sips for a few more days... its better to be safe than sorry and there is no hurry to get the liquids down as long as you are getting some nurtients and the sips are staying down. if you are unable to keep liquids down without them gurgling back up then call the doctor - you are still swollen - it will take a while to heal yet.

kim

thanks kim- i am so parinoid that there is something wrong! haha but im sure im fine- i am keeping liquids down just fine....it must be gas! thanks for your advice!

Mackenzie

ANOTHER QUESTION: can your band slip from sipping liquids only???

cylnn- hahahaha i cant really tell if its gas or not.. i dont think its a big deal I was just wondering if you can cause trouble by drinking too fast *i am not chugging* just maybe not leaving enough time inbetween sips?!?

You can cause trouble by drinking too fast, but you'll know instantly that's what it is because it'll either come back up or cause immediate discomfort (as in you won't vomit but you'll wish you would). Gas pain occurs commonly in the shoulder and presents as an ache. Nothing to be concerned about at this stage of the game.

You can cause trouble by drinking too fast, but you'll know instantly that's what it is because it'll either come back up or cause immediate discomfort (as in you won't vomit but you'll wish you would). Gas pain occurs commonly in the shoulder and presents as an ache. Nothing to be concerned about at this stage of the game.

thanks! that helped hahaha i think everything is fine- just parinoid i guess! your answers on here are always really informative!