I'm developing acne!

Hello experienced bandsters!

I'm in need of your help, feedback. I noticed yesterday that I have pimples on my back... never had them before or ever got them in my back. Today, that same feeling of pimples are on my face. It's not red and can't really be noticed until you take a closer look, but I can see it and I feel them. Almost like acne... Did anyone ever have this reaction after surgery? Is this what they call hives maybe? Help it's starting to itch. I don't think it's really an emergency but if this gets worse I'll be calling Dr. Ortiz.

Hanna

If anything it might be a side effect of the anesthesia...

MamaMichele,

Do you think so? I don't mind my back but my face. It's on my jaw line on both sides of my face. Okay.. I'll wait it out for a little bit... Thanks.. doing research right now on anesthesia side effects. Thanks!

I noticed this really weird dry patch on my chin, it almost felt like lots of little acne bumps... I did do a micro dermabrasion mask (the at home Olay kind) a few days ago so it could have been from that but I've used it 10 times before with no problems.

I have heard of people having weird reactions to anesthesia, but it could also be the changes in your diet- like the toxins from bad food you used to eat working their way out of your system, via your skin!

Hello experienced bandsters!

I'm in need of your help, feedback. I noticed yesterday that I have pimples on my back... never had them before or ever got them in my back. Today, that same feeling of pimples are on my face. It's not red and can't really be noticed until you take a closer look, but I can see it and I feel them. Almost like acne... Did anyone ever have this reaction after surgery? Is this what they call hives maybe? Help it's starting to itch. I don't think it's really an emergency but if this gets worse I'll be calling Dr. Ortiz.

Hanna

If you are red and it itches, it sounds like hives. And hives are an allergic reaction. However, I think allergic reactions usually occur right after exposure, not usually days later. It might be from something you ate or a drug you took very recently.

If you are red and it itches, it sounds like hives. And hives are an allergic reaction. However, I think allergic reactions usually occur right after exposure, not usually days later. It might be from something you ate or a drug you took very recently.

Mona & Mmichelle,

Thanks... it's subsided a bit on my face but my back is as bumpy. I'm trying to wait it out but decided to shoot email to Dr. Ortiz. If it is just a reaction to the anesthesia and or toxins being flushed by my system, then will it go away by itself?? Do I need to do something? Thanks guys..

WAgal

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I just wanted to update the results of my acne problem.. It all cleared up on my face and back on the 12th day.. still not sure what it was but maybe toxins making their way out through my skin? I'm just glad it worked itself out!

Hanna :)