BMI and weight

Sometimes I think it is just because all of the data is on the people it approves, sometimes I feel it has to do with the insurance lobby and many times I feel like it comes down to the same old thing. You are just lazy, and that is why you over eat and la lal la la la la.....

I feel that most people don't take surgery lightly and maybe if I had sureger at bmi of 33- I never would have made 330 lbs and that would have been fine with me, and about 8 diet places would be a little poorer now.

I do know that the FDA is not he be all end all of information. Other countries have been making it for many years and protecting their citizens with and with out the USA for hundreds of years. And just because it was not studied in US- does not mean it wasn't studied elsewhere- so expand you search if he needs real proof. US medical system is not the be all end all. Oxford is pretty good to (snicker snicker)

Jane

ps- most5 thin people do not get it

I was told by my PCP that a lower BMI usually means that person has no co morbitities that are life threatening. A higher BMI presents more co morbitities. Most insurance companies wont apporve at BMI under 41. However Mine was 42 at the time of surgery but I had zero co morbitities with being overwieght. No high blood pressure, no sleep apnea, no heart problems, no arthritis no back problems, no diabetes. I was basically told by my PCP that I was a healthy fat person, there was no way my insurance was going to cover me so I went to Mexico. In order for your insurance to cover you you need to show proof of co morbitities and proff of long term efforts of failed weight loss. Do you have co morbitities? Do you have proof of other methods of weight loss you have tried and failed?

Hi..Thanks for the replies to my questions...I have tryed so many things to lose weight. I've spent so much money...Jenny C., OA, weight watchers, book after book, pills, fen fen back in the day...My weight just keeps creeping up as the years pass, over the last 10 years I'm 35lbs heavier. My Dad is 450lbs. I do have high blood pressure and take meds for that. My doctors have told me to drop the weight...But with no assitance for that to happen...I want to take this step with the lap band and I will go to Mexico if need be...I'm going down next week to meet the doctor. Please tell me about your experience in mexico and if you would do it again....What can you tell me that you think I need to know? I live in San diego so going back for care will not be a problem...Thanks again for your support and info on this subject.....Dot

I would do it again in a heartbeat and I would use Dr. Ortiz again too. You living in SD is a + Aftercare is important..I live in Orange County so it is just aan hour and a half to get to Dr. Ortiz for me. Once you meet the doctor & his staff you will feel so good about your decision to go to Mexico and want to schedule your surgery ASAP. I have tried all the diets you mentioned and have always gained my weight back. I can honestly say this is the firsttime in my efforts that I wll never gain the weight back. I love my band ! Right now it loves me too :)

I would do it again also!!!! Dr. Ortiz and Martin ez and his staff are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all had a fun trip and the surgery was so minal that I went back to the hotel the night of the surgery (MY CHOICE). I also can't believe how small these scars are compared to other's I have seen people, post.

I wish the weight would just fall off, but it is slowly and safely coming off so I am very pleased.