Updates for those FEB 27 to Feb 29 Bandsters!!

Just wanted to reconnect with those girls who (like me) were banded about a week ago, I found some names from the original post but I'm sure there are more! Tell us how you are feeling, how much weight you have lost since the surgery, how your post-op diet is going and anything else you would like to share!

FEB 27

shampoo

Mackenzie

thesecreteater

FEB 28

kissyfur

MamaMichelle

tootsie_lou

WAgal

ZnewMe33

Merry

FEB 29

Claresta

Ok so I will go first!

I was banded on 2/28 as stated above and as of today I have lost 9lbs (in 9 days) plus the 21lbs I lost pre-op puts me at 30lbs lost total!

My wounds are healing nicely, the glue is pretty much gone so I have been using Neosporin and band-aids at night to help the healing...

I have been feeling great and am finally over the icky phase of the liquid diet- I have been having a hard time eating 800-1000 calories per day but I find that the days where I eat more(excuse me, drink more) I lose more weight.

I have been walking, 1.5 miles per day - my goal is to do it in under 30min but as of right now I can do it in about 40min.

My husband has been super supportive, a few times we have been out and he wants to eat so I have to sit and watch till I can get home to my Optifast but in a weird way it is helping me deal with my food options head on!!

I think that's all for now!! Can't wait to hear from everyone else...

Ok so I will go first!

I was banded on 2/28 as stated above and as of today I have lost 9lbs (in 9 days) plus the 21lbs I lost pre-op puts me at 30lbs lost total!

My wounds are healing nicely, the glue is pretty much gone so I have been using Neosporin and band-aids at night to help the healing...

I have been feeling great and am finally over the icky phase of the liquid diet- I have been having a hard time eating 800-1000 calories per day but I find that the days where I eat more(excuse me, drink more) I lose more weight.

I have been walking, 1.5 miles per day - my goal is to do it in under 30min but as of right now I can do it in about 40min.

My husband has been super supportive, a few times we have been out and he wants to eat so I have to sit and watch till I can get home to my Optifast but in a weird way it is helping me deal with my food options head on!!

I think that's all for now!! Can't wait to hear from everyone else...

I was banded on 2/28 as of today I have lost 18lbs (on 10th day post-op) total.

My wounds are healing nicely too, still have 2 that haven't come off.

I have been feeling great and am finally over the icky phase of the clear liquid diet too, but I doubt I have been getting the 800 cals, I'm trying to increase as directed since I am able to drink more it seems w/out as much difficulty!

I have been walking leisurely, but probably amounts to only about 1/2 mile to a mile a day :(

Went to eat out today and watched my family eat breakfast, it was a little hard but not unbearable, I got the shift off for cooking at least. I know that in 10 days I'll be eating with them... so I am counting down!!

WAgal

I was banded on 2/27 and I have lost 22lbs total-- trying to catch up to mama michelle! haha :lol:

Unlike you girls, I still have like ALL of my glue on~but they are healing very nicely!

Still havent smoked a cigarette! Its been almost 30 days-so Im pretty proud of myself for that!

I have not started any walking, but I will be starting on Monday- I had been sick with a throat thing soo Im excited to start walking (even though I cant exert myself until the 19th per Dr. Miranda)

The food issues are something that Im still dealing with, but writing a lot and thinking about it a lot. I feel GREAT that ive lost so much weight, I have a pair of jeans on that were WAAAAAY too tight before! everyone has made comments, so that makes me feel good.

Lastly, i am pretty sick of drinking everything that is for sure. My husband has been GREAT!!! He has been cooking his own dinner (which is a HUGE accomplishment) He MAY be more excited than I am about me going back to solids- Is anyone else a bit scared to start solids again? I am excited, but REALLY enjoying all of this rapid weight loss!

MamaMichelle: You are really inspiring- you just seem sooo positive and excited about this- do you have days when you just want to EAT something? Were you "addicted" to food?? Im so impressed with your 30lbs- good for you! and thanks for starting this post! we should do this more often!

I have also found soooo many healthy, low fat low cal recipes- has anyone been looking?share them if you have any good ones!!

I was banded on 2/27 and I have lost 22lbs total-- trying to catch up to mama michelle! haha :lol:

Unlike you girls, I still have like ALL of my glue on~but they are healing very nicely!

Still havent smoked a cigarette! Its been almost 30 days-so Im pretty proud of myself for that!

MamaMichelle: You are really inspiring- you just seem sooo positive and excited about this- do you have days when you just want to EAT something? Were you "addicted" to food?? Im so impressed with your 30lbs- good for you! and thanks for starting this post! we should do this more often!

I have also found soooo many healthy, low fat low cal recipes- has anyone been looking?share them if you have any good ones!!

Thanks for the compliments, I had a 2 months pre-op to lose the 21lbs so I'm not a miracle worker, but I am very positive and excited about making these changes. Unlike many of the stories I have heard here I have not been overweight my entire life- I was always a dancer and athlete growing up. I was actually a college cheerleader who was 2 months away from trying out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders when I found out I was pregnant. I ended up gaining 70lbs while pregnant putting me just under 200lbs and in the 5 years that followed I added almost 50lbs. So a lot of my positive attitude comes from keeping focused on that old self and how much better I looked and felt about myself. My husband has never mentioned a thing about my weight and is such a positive and supportive force behind me also helps when things get hard and I just want to eat!

I had a great day this morning when I had to buy a new pair of jeans (size 18) because all my other pairs of jeans were falling off! I ended up getting a cheap pair since I plan to be in a smaller size ASAP!

Thanks for the compliments, I had a 2 months pre-op to lose the 21lbs so I'm not a miracle worker, but I am very positive and excited about making these changes. Unlike many of the stories I have heard here I have not been overweight my entire life- I was always a dancer and athlete growing up. I was actually a college cheerleader who was 2 months away from trying out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders when I found out I was pregnant. I ended up gaining 70lbs while pregnant putting me just under 200lbs and in the 5 years that followed I added almost 50lbs. So a lot of my positive attitude comes from keeping focused on that old self and how much better I looked and felt about myself. My husband has never mentioned a thing about my weight and is such a positive and supportive force behind me also helps when things get hard and I just want to eat!

I had a great day this morning when I had to buy a new pair of jeans (size 18) because all my other pairs of jeans were falling off! I ended up getting a cheap pair since I plan to be in a smaller size ASAP!

i know that is really exciting!!!!!! I was once skinnnnnny im 6' and i was at 188 only 8-10 lbs from my goal weight and i tore all the ligaments in my ankle and gained all my weight back plus some. I remember how happy I was and how good I looked- so I try to think about that- but while I gained all the weight back I gained a food addiction too---sooo now im dealing with that- but it will happen! We will def have to keep in touch!!! I cant WAIT to be back to 188 again and then get rid of those last 10 lbs! congrats on the new jeans- i have a feeling we are going to be doing that a lot!

Hello all my bandster sisters, it is great to hear how all of you been doing!! I have been trying to keep very busy, so I don't sit on the computer as much, try to keep as busy as I can so I don't think about food! I am feeling 100% now, a little sore in the port insicion but nothing that is slowing me down. I have lost a total of 16.8 lbs, 7 lbs sense surgery, (10 days) I am very excited because I broke that 200 mark, I am at 198 now!! Food is no longer my friend, there for a while I thought I was going to go crazy, that is all I could think of. As of now I am eating malt of meal for breakfast and a slimfast for supper, I am worried with getting the little I am that as soon as I do start eating solids, it will be right back, but I will watch every little thing I put in my mouth.

The insicions are doing great, I am going to start using my neosporin today, I bought some mederma while I was in Mexico, I am going to start using it Thursday, it is suppose to be awesome for scars.

I am not really exercising, but I do stay busy, so that I am burning calories. There were 2 days, we had cows get out so I helped my husband with them, that consisted of about 10 miles each day, lol, not really, but it felt like it. Those hills about killed me with my coveralls and mud boots on.

I am going to call this week and try to make my appointment for my fill. I am going to try and get between the 10th and the 18th. I already checked airling tickets, they are up in price $100, that is terrible! A friend of mine is thinking about coming with me, so I am waiting to get her decision before I call and get the appointment, trying to figure out some fun things for me and her to do in Mexico or San Diego while we are there. Have any of you made your appointment?

My husband, Josh, was doing really good dieting with me, he had lost 20 lbs, until yesterday. I was bored, so I made 4 different kinds of cookies for my family. He didn't stop at one cookie, so them cookies may of been a bad idea for him. But I did send some a couple different places so they wasn't all here. Can't believe it, I didn't cheat and eat one, ok, I did lick my fingers once, ok, maybe twice! I woke up in the middle of the night, OH I WANTED A COOKIE SOOOOOO BAD, instead, got me a glass of water and back to bed I went.

Well, need to try and plan my day, I was going to go bowling yesterday, but they had leagues all day, maybe I will do that today. Or maybe not, maybe I will just go shopping. I have already shampoo my carpets, cleaned the house, have to find something productive.

So great to hear from you Kissyfur! Sounds like you are doing awesome and it is great that Josh is so supportive! There is another post somewhere (I think it is WAgal's post on the testimonials board where the entire group was trying to schedule fills on the same date- maybe they can move that discussion to this thread or we can do it by email or myspace!

Again so glad you are doing well!

So great to hear from you Kissyfur! Sounds like you are doing awesome and it is great that Josh is so supportive! There is another post somewhere (I think it is WAgal's post on the testimonials board where the entire group was trying to schedule fills on the same date- maybe they can move that discussion to this thread or we can do it by email or myspace!

Again so glad you are doing well!

Kissyfur,

Hi, it's Hanna! You do get a lot of exercise! All that ranch work and house cleaning too!! Wow, I live in the suburbs of a big city so there's no hard labor here. Great job on the cookie resistance! I'm going to call for my fill appointment too before they FILL up! I haven't checked into the air tix but I better soon. Are you guys getting any hunger pangs? I can drink more with ease too. A little sore on the port side but all else is well. For exercise yesterday (the city way) I went shopping. I wasn't really going to buy anything but got a really nice dress on sale. The great news is that I was able to fit in a size L. Yeah... me... my size has been a 16 or 18 or 1x. I'm thrilled and motivated more and am not going to complain about the drinking stage anymore. I just want my band to fully heal in place then get filled so I can get on with the loosing weight and serious exercise. It's good to hear from you and "Hello to Josh!"

Hanna :)

We talked about the 17th which is a Thursday. Do we want to schedule the fills that day or the next morning? I can get a flight into San Diego arriving at 11am but not sure if that is enough time to get a fill. Let me know as I would like to make plane reservations. I would prefer to come in on Thursday and only miss 2 days of work. Great to hear from you Lisa, I don't think I could bake cookies and not eat any!!

Linda

We talked about the 17th which is a Thursday. Do we want to schedule the fills that day or the next morning? I can get a flight into San Diego arriving at 11am but not sure if that is enough time to get a fill. Let me know as I would like to make plane reservations. I would prefer to come in on Thursday and only miss 2 days of work. Great to hear from you Lisa, I don't think I could bake cookies and not eat any!!

Linda

I for one am free for a fill on either the 17th or 18th- I know that you have to go back to a liquid diet for a few days after the fill so if we wanted to get together for dinner the night before I think arriving one night and then getting our fills the next day would make the most sense. Of course we could do a post fill shopping trip as Kissyfur and I found a great place on Revoultion Ave that has a chicken broth soup to die for- it tastes like liquid potato chips, it is sooooooooooo good (and 8,000 times better than the hotels chicken broth)!

im jealous you guys are going back to the OCC for your fills!!! I live in Florida so its just too far! and the tickets are too expensive! my fill is sch for the 11th like an hour from my house- soooo not too much longer!

Ladies,

I just got an email from Rene @OCC, Thurs. April 17 is a busy day for them but April 18, Friday they can accommodate all of us!

1. Zulma

2. Linda

3. Diana

4. Alyssa

5. Hanna

6. Lisa

7. Michelle (are you with us? did i forget anyone?)

If someone has Melody's or Stephanie's email address, can you email and let them know... I lost my paper of the emails. Mackenzie, I know you're in Florida, but it's not too late to change your mind and if you can somehow swing the cost, please join us, we will definitely do the shopping for my SUMBRERO and PANCHO this time! LOL! Anyone else care to join us? We will watch out for each other and have a decent, of course, controlled perfectly portioned meal together. I'm excited. Everyone please respond to me ASAP ramilhanna@gmail.com. We should book our tickets asap. I'm also good with priceline for those doing an overnight stay. Email or heck call me... 425 338-5280 and we can maybe work something out. I'll plan to arrive on the 18th and then we can travel to OCC together in the morning. Does that sound good to everyone? If the date doesn't work out for you then I can ask Rene if maybe an earlier day of the week like Mon, April 14? I'll have to check with him. If you have any suggestions... email let me know so we can get the ball rolling. Have a great day everyone.... :-h

Ladies,

I just got an email from Rene @OCC, Thurs. April 17 is a busy day for them but April 18, Friday they can accommodate all of us!

1. Zulma

2. Linda

3. Diana

4. Alyssa

5. Hanna

6. Lisa

7. Michelle (are you with us? did i forget anyone?)

If someone has Melody's or Stephanie's email address, can you email and let them know... I lost my paper of the emails. Mackenzie, I know you're in Florida, but it's not too late to change your mind and if you can somehow swing the cost, please join us, we will definitely do the shopping for my SUMBRERO and PANCHO this time! LOL! Anyone else care to join us? We will watch out for each other and have a decent, of course, controlled perfectly portioned meal together. I'm excited. Everyone please respond to me ASAP ramilhanna@gmail.com. We should book our tickets asap. I'm also good with priceline for those doing an overnight stay. Email or heck call me... 425 338-5280 and we can maybe work something out. I'll plan to arrive on the 18th and then we can travel to OCC together in the morning. Does that sound good to everyone? If the date doesn't work out for you then I can ask Rene if maybe an earlier day of the week like Mon, April 14? I'll have to check with him. If you have any suggestions... email let me know so we can get the ball rolling. Have a great day everyone.... :-h

thanks for thinking of me! I really wish I could go out there with you girls but its just not economical right now!!!! sounds like SO much fun!!!!!!! Im jealous! I hope that my fill goes as well as yours at the OCC!

It's the 18th, Friday!!! Have you made a diff. appointment already??? :o

I just emailed you Linda. It's on the 18th, Sorry about my confusing everyone. Yes, wanna split a room, what are their rates?

Hanna

So here are the YES I have heard from:

1. Zulma

2. Linda

3. Michele

4. Hanna

Diana & Alyssa can't make it for that day, she'll be coming the following week. Lisa is waiting on her friend's schedule. Shall we firm up our plans? I will confirm with Rene the 4 of us but to also keep open for some that might join us. Does that sound good? All interested in joining us, please email us and join the group. I've already asked Rene to make sure to have Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez ready for a group shot with us!!! LOL! It should be fun... I would love to come back in a year or so to have another picture taken with the results of my goal!!! Have a great day ladies... now we can start planning... and prepare for those LONG needles I'm in fear of for the fill! LOL!!

I'm sending Rene an email to confirm us 4 above... but it would be WISE ladies to call or get a confirmation email from Rene @OCC that you do have an appointment for the morning of Friday April 18th, 2008.

So here are the YES I have heard from:

1. Zulma

2. Linda

3. Michele

4. Hanna

Diana & Alyssa can't make it for that day, she'll be coming the following week. Lisa is waiting on her friend's schedule. Shall we firm up our plans? I will confirm with Rene the 4 of us but to also keep open for some that might join us. Does that sound good? All interested in joining us, please email us and join the group. I've already asked Rene to make sure to have Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez ready for a group shot with us!!! LOL! It should be fun... I would love to come back in a year or so to have another picture taken with the results of my goal!!! Have a great day ladies... now we can start planning... and prepare for those LONG needles I'm in fear of for the fill! LOL!!

I'm sending Rene an email to confirm us 4 above... but it would be WISE ladies to call or get a confirmation email from Rene @OCC that you do have an appointment for the morning of Friday April 18th, 2008.

From Rene:

Hello Ms Ramilo,

Okay very good. Is it okay with you starting at 9am and then

subsequently 9.30, 10 & 10.30?

Let me know..

I'm letting him know it's a go! So firm up your plans. I'll be flying in to LA a few days early, some stuff I wanna do there but I'll be at a hotel in SD on the 17th and 18th, and I'll let you know soon as it's booked. We can even meet up there if you'd like. Lisa and others can always add on as they firm up their plans. I've asked Rene to have Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez ready for a group shot!! LOL! I am also planning on inviting my sissy to come since she sees how I've been excited about this... she's investigating the whole surgery too..

Hanna

Sounds great, here are my plans...

Arrive in San Diego at 10am on the 17th- Do Sea World with the family till 6pm or so then come across the border to the Lucerna and check in around 7pm? Whoever will already be there maybe we can all do dinner that night.

Get my Fill on the morning of the 18th with the crew, and then an afternoon of shopping! We will probably leave for the border around 6pm that night so we can get back to Vegas for my son's birthday party on the 19th.

Hello ladies,

So let me see if I got this right, 18th is the fill appointment? Who is flying in on the 17th, what time? I would like to meet someone at the airport and ride across the border together. And are you staying that Friday night or are you leaving after fill? Have you found out prices on the rooms? I am thinking about bringing my daughter if my friend can't get away. I have been checking out airline tickets, just want to wait and see what time everyone else is flying in. Then, do they give us a ride back to the airport or do we have to figure that out? Sorry so many questions, just wanted to know what everyone else is doing, so I can figure out what I am doing. My daughter is wanting to go shopping, so I am hoping to get to do that.

Count me in, I will do all I can to make it work!! Hope all is doing well, can't wait to see you all.

OH, the darn scale hasn't moved in a couple of days, thinking about buying a new one, oh, never mind, that is a new one, maybe it is having issues, ha ha, nope, I think I need to change something to get rolling again on the downslide!!

Will be waiting to hear from you all,

Lisa