Updates for those FEB 27 to Feb 29 Bandsters!!

Hello ladies,

So let me see if I got this right, 18th is the fill appointment? Who is flying in on the 17th, what time? I would like to meet someone at the airport and ride across the border together. And are you staying that Friday night or are you leaving after fill? Have you found out prices on the rooms? I am thinking about bringing my daughter if my friend can't get away. I have been checking out airline tickets, just want to wait and see what time everyone else is flying in. Then, do they give us a ride back to the airport or do we have to figure that out? Sorry so many questions, just wanted to know what everyone else is doing, so I can figure out what I am doing. My daughter is wanting to go shopping, so I am hoping to get to do that.

Count me in, I will do all I can to make it work!! Hope all is doing well, can't wait to see you all.

OH, the darn scale hasn't moved in a couple of days, thinking about buying a new one, oh, never mind, that is a new one, maybe it is having issues, ha ha, nope, I think I need to change something to get rolling again on the downslide!!

Will be waiting to hear from you all,

Lisa

I really hope you can make it Lisa, it will be great to catch up! As for the scale not moving how many calories are you eating each day? I found that I have been losing more weight when I eat 1,000 calories a day then I did when I was only eating 800 calories...

Ladies,

Fantastic Lisa you're onboard! I'll email Rene right after this post to add you in. Rene said the rate he can get for us is $84 per night double occupancy, don't know if that includes taxes. I'm trying to work it out so that I can stay at a hotel in SD for 2 nights, April 17th and 18th. I'm going to be flying in/out of Los Angeles. If you fly in on the 17th then I CAN'T cross over to the border with you, but if your flight comes in early Friday morning then we can probably travel together to the center. Linda is flying in on the 18th so I'll try to hook up with her to travel to the border that morning of our fill as well with Michele and Zulma since they are driving in to SD. So I think a good time to stay overnight at Lucerna would be the 18th & 19th if you are wanting to stay awhile and make a vacation out of it. I have friends I'm to meet up with in SD on the 19th so I'll be returning back to SD hotel after our fill and "day shopping" in TJ.

Arrangements for the fill is our own responsibility.. the center will no longer provide our ride there and back.. You may arrange for pick-up but their services will cost $130 (can be split up by a group). It only cost about $2.50 for bus and trolley from airport to the border. Then hail a cab from border to center $5.00... that's for a cab load. so most you should spend is about $10-15 for one way trip to center.

Zulma and Michelle advise as how we should go about this arrangement. Shall we meet at the center or meet up in SD that morning and make our way to the center together? I will definitely be there on the 17th, Thursday night... then anyone who wants to come along with me to travel to the border can join me if they are not comfortable going at it on their own. There are some of you arriving on the 17th and will already be there at Lucerna so that group can just meet us at the center. Please email Rene for arrangements with your hotel room at Lucerna (rene@obesitycontrolcenter.com).

Plan on doing our shopping on the 18th right after our fill. We can have lunch/dinner together as people's schedule permits. Look nice... our handsome doctors and staff will be taking a picture with us!

Hanna :)

Because I got the non-private room my fill, hotel and transportation is free... So maybe since someone will be coming to pick me up you guys could just ride along in the van?

Michelle,

Do you think that OCC will not charge us for this? Can you email them and find out?

We have Linda who has decided to join us! Yay! ><' That makes six now. Anyone else wanting to come, please email and join us or post here. I booked my hotel for Hyatt Manchester in San Diego... I was really hoping to get the Omni since it is right in front of the trolley station but this is okay too... I'm investigating the map area and it seems there's a trolley station nearby also. I'll be bringing my daughter too... the other adult daughter, not Charlene. She wants to do the whitening for her teeth. By the way, how was your experience with this Lisa? Did you like it? Did it work? Would you recommend it?

Thanks,

Hanna

Just wanted to reconnect with those girls who (like me) were banded about a week ago, I found some names from the original post but I'm sure there are more! Tell us how you are feeling, how much weight you have lost since the surgery, how your post-op diet is going and anything else you would like to share!

FEB 27

shampoo

Mackenzie

thesecreteater

FEB 28

kissyfur

MamaMichelle

tootsie_lou

WAgal

ZnewMe33

Merry

FEB 29

Claresta

Hi Ladies,

I am so excited to hear all of you doing so well.. I am so proud of every singe one of you. Mamamichelle, keep up the motivatation. It's quite inspiring.

I have been in the other more general online support group, lapbandtalk.com, because there are a lot more veteran bandsters for me to ask questions with. Apologies for not posting as often as I should. I'll do better.

Well, 3 weeks post op - I am doing well and feeling well. Definately getting hungry. I am in "bandster hell" right now - feeling unrestricted and hungry but I have to wait until my first fill. I am scheduled for a fill on 4/10. My plane arrives in SAN at 11am and my fill is scheduled for 2pm. As far as I know, there is no diet restraints before the fill. I have a function to attend on 4/12, so that would be convenient for me... otherwise I would have switched for 4/17 or 4/18 with you ladies!!!

As for excercise wise, I feel great - I excercise on the treadmill and eliptical for an hour. Usually 30-40mill tmill and 20-30min elip. Contemplating on hiring a personal trainer. I tried one yesterday as a complimentary session and boy, did he kick my ass. I am sore on my buttocks, hamstrings, quads and inner thigh. I love it. I am beginning to become a gym rat. Other than being sore, I love it.

The incisions are doing good. I am able to finally sleep on my tummy a week and half ago. I love it!! I am using mederma now but do not see much progress yet. Glue is still on my port incision.

Weight loss. I have lost 10lbs from my surgery weight. I did gain 6 lbs after surgery - Dr Miranda said it's normal since I am swollen and retaining water. I still consider it as 10lbs weight loss but technically could be 16lbs... but I will stick to 10lbs. Not much weight loss but clothes are definately fitting better. My highest was a size 16 - now I am back to wearing size 10/12. Exciting... Hubby is definately seeing changes. Waist from 39 inches to 33.5 inches.

As for eating out. I have to admit, I am no fun to eat around with when I am out with friends. I get real excited seeing the menu but in the back of my mind, I have to pick and worry what I am allowed and not allowed to eat. I do not want to PB. When my food comes, I chew, chew and chew. I cant drink for a whole hour. No soda, no alcohol and no hard foods. My servers keep trying to take my food away even when I am not yet done, while friends are already chowed down their food. (btw, never did I once use that ID card to order kids meal - don't think I ever will).

No more pain. No port incision pain, no gas pains - but I have been passing gas a lot.

Well, ladies we are in this together... let's keep loosing it!!!! Soon we'll all be sexy, hot babes!!!!

Shampoo

Atlanta, GA

Hi everyone!!!!!!! I was looking at the calander today and realized that we get to eat soon.... I am excited to start putting my tool into practice (since obviously im not filled yet). I am also excited to start eating healthy- and eating to live, not LIVING to eat! I get to eat on wednesday...and I went to the grocery store today and stocked up on fresh veggies, some fruits, fish, chicken, ground turkey, egg whites, whole grains... I was at first pretty nervous about eating bc i dont want to abuse food like I did before, but eat day, with each challenge I am faced with (in the food world) i learn more about myself and my habits. I am still a bit nervous, but I think that the good part of my brain (when it comes to food choices) is starting to get a LOT bigger than the bad side!

I just wanted to touch base with you all and wish everyone well in the coming weeks inbetween our liquids and our fills! I am so excited for the road ahead. My battle with food is going to always be on my mind, but I think its safer that way to ALWAYS be concious of MY addiction. I know that some people here were never "addicted" to food...just ate too much..but whatever the case may be, I hope that you all have the power to make good decisions and learn from the bad- as we will ALL make mistakes!

Also i wanted to share a little recipe that i used to love- actually got it from the south beach diet book- and I LOVE IT- so i wanted to share with you girls- anyway- thats all be sure to keep in touch!!!

egg quiche:

3/4 cup egg white

2 eggs

3/4 reduced or non fat shredded cheese- i use NF mozzerella

3/4 cup red pepper (you can use any color)- chopped small

3/4 onion chopped small

1 10oz package of frozen spinach

salt and pepper

1 has about 40-50 calories

Place spinach in microwave for about 3 mintues- then SQUEEZE ALL the water out! Mix all ingredients together and pour into a 12 muffin pan. Bake on 350 for about 30 mintues. I LOVE THESE- AND my husband, kyle loves them too and he isnt one for veggies and healthy foods! I also serve with 1 or 2 pieces of turkey bacon and 1/2 a banana

><'

PS how is everyones weightloss going?

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing this recipe Mackenzie... I am craving quiche, 'cause it was a dish brought over by a friend to help during my recovery time. My family loved it 'cause it was all gone for dinner and no left overs.

So we are down to a day before we eat. Yay... I'm ready! I'm going to try out my lapband card (order child portion) and eat out to celebrate. We had already planned this in advance. I have to remember to chew chew chew 30 times before eat swallow.

I've been keeping a diary log on myspace so it's been very helpful to me. Knowing we have gals/guys out there going through what I'm going through encourages me. This is my support team and you all have been wonderful!!! My weight loss has slowed down to about a lb every 3-4 days. I am at 176 now and will continue to practice as if I have restriction when I go back to solids tomorrow. I've increased my walking to about 1-2 hours a day... but leisure walking only. I'm not counting the steps but I'm sure I'm getting a bit done. Physically I feel good... I had side pain which went away after a good nights rest.. I think that was from over walking one day and then drinking a little too much at one sitting.

I pray all of you are doing fine. I'm still thinking skinny jeans ladies!!! I can tell you that my journey so far has been challenging but I can tell you that it's been rewarding too. My family has noticed it! What I mean is that they have seen that I'm happier and wanting to do more stuff and actually wanting to go shopping for myself... I'll shop for my kids but usually never for me. My feet have shrunk a half size and I'm starting to like how my feet look again in heels! My best compliments yet are that they see the weight loss in my face... Now I don't know about you ladies... I'm one of those people that gain weight all over!!!! Its most noticeable on my face/chin neck ares. I'm very encouraged but I get those moments of desperation and want to eat... is that how I handle stress??? I have no restriction yet but I get that bloated feeling when I drink too fast or too much in one sitting. It's good for me to hop in this forum and be reminded of the newbies question were once mine...the desperation to have the overeating stop...the need to feel that you "eat to live" and NOT "live to eat". Food was the main focus of my life and has some history there that I have to fix so that my kids don't fall in the same trap. We are so bombarded with food everyday of our lives. On TV and on the streets. Family gatherings were more about what delicious meal we can prepare instead of celebrating family get togethers to catch up on life... Stay well my friends and be supported here. You may email or post to me here anytime... When I help you I'm helping myself!!!

Blessings,

Hi all you bandsters!

I hope all you guys are doing great! This is the week we get to eat... I hope it goes well for all of us. My weightloss has seem to have stopped. I am locked at the 13lbs since the 5th. Hummm! I also think my scale is not working. haha! (I doubt thats the case)... well I can't get discouraged... I will see how it goes by the end of this week. Sigh!

Well for those for the fill on the morning of 18th, you can all jump in with me. I will be driving in and I can go to Lucerna

Hotel to pick you all up. I have a mini van, so all you fit. Just let me know for sure, so I know how many of you I am picking up. Please email me ziracheta@verizon.net or call me (562) 712-9011 to let me know.

Take care and Happy weight loss!

Zulma

Hi all you bandsters!

I hope all you guys are doing great! This is the week we get to eat... I hope it goes well for all of us. My weightloss has seem to have stopped. I am locked at the 13lbs since the 5th. Hummm! I also think my scale is not working. haha! (I doubt thats the case)... well I can't get discouraged... I will see how it goes by the end of this week. Sigh!

Well for those for the fill on the morning of 18th, you can all jump in with me. I will be driving in and I can go to Lucerna

Hotel to pick you all up. I have a mini van, so all you fit. Just let me know for sure, so I know how many of you I am picking up. Please email me ziracheta@verizon.net or call me (562) 712-9011 to let me know.

Take care and Happy weight loss!

Zulma

Zulma, you are the best!!! ><' How about we just pitch in for the gas money since you have offered your services... You are truly a sister bandster!!! I'll copy your email and number now into my phone... I will contact you if not by email then by phone closer to our fill date. Please let me know your opinion about the shopping thing. I'm keeping track of the news and will ask all our fill gals to see if they want to do the shopping thing still or not.

Hanna :D

Hi Girls, Its me again... I went into www.lapbandtalk.com and found this posting interesting.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f73/how-lap-ban...-refills-45563/

If any of you find posting, that can answer questions we may have a newbies... please post.

Thanks

Zulma

><' LADIES!!! How are you today? For us that get to eat today... I know there's at least 8 of us... how was breakfast... I was little scared but did fine. I ate drinkable yogurt 3 oz... (has become a habit), 3 pieces of calamari (I hope I'm not grossing you out) and drank 8 oz of milk 1 hour later. I feel bloated still... I thought we had no restriction??? Go figure, I hope I'm not still swollen or something... Okay.. anyone else feeling restriction? Well what I'm calling restriction.. still feeling bloated only after a few calamari... I chewed and chewed and chewed... maybe that wasn't the best choice for breakfast... I'm going to try the 3-4 oz salmon w/veges for lunch and see how that goes. I hope you are all doing good... POST please... I want to hear how you are doing.

I was so excited to eat !! I had a luncheon which they served fajitas!! I didn't have the tortilla and only a small portion of chicken(I was afraid to eat the beef). The hardest thing was not to drink with my meal. It's such a habit! Everything went fine but I don't have much appetite (not complaining) For those of you still on liquids that EAS Myoplex light is awesome. It has only 170 calories 2 grams fat 5G fiber and 20 grams of protein. It really kept me full longer that slimfast. I only tried the chocolate flavor.

Linda

Well I did my optifast for breakfast and lunch and I wasn't really planning on having real food for a while but decided that after my son's baseball practice since my husband was off of work we should go out to eat and "celebrate". My son choose Sweet Tomato, one of those all you can eat salad bar places- I love their Cesar salad and I used to eat a LARGE plate of salad, plus a baked potato and 2 glasses of sweet tea.

Today for dinner I had maybe 1/4 cup of salad and that was it, chewed until the lettuce was almost liquid which made it taste a little bitter, so it was honestly not as good as I remember and I doubt I will be back- there's not really any point to going to a buffet anymore!

Hey everyone, well yesterday morning and this morning I had breakfast. I ate 3 pieces of bacon and 1 egg both days, went fine. Then yesterday, for supper I had 5 tiny pieces of pork chop and about 6 green beans, it went fine also.

I stepped on the scales this morning, they are working again! Since I have been home, I have lost a total of 13 pounds, my jeans are really lose, haven't tried on my smaller ones yet, to scared. Total loss in all is 23 pounds, I am down to 192 lbs. I haven't got to the 25 -30 pounds like a few of you, but trying my hardest.

That is awesome Michelle that you are in that support group. My support group is this forum and wow, I don't know what I would do without that! Zulma, that is great you offering to give us all a ride to OCC! This forum is sooooo great, it really is like having a family, actually, I think I talk to you all more than my relatives. Even though I am not the best at getting on here and posting, but when I get the time, I love sitting on here and talking with you all.

Does your port area still get pretty sore? When I have a real busy day, I can really feel the tenderness in the port area! Sunday had me a little worried, there was like a burning sensation, I started to worry if maybe I over did it and it flipped. But it has been feeling fine since.

I am so excited for all of us, I am so glad I decided to do this. Just think, in a year, watch out, there is going to be some skinny, hot, sexy mamas walking around! I was reading my book last night, it was talking about how one lady that lost a bunch a weight changed jobs, basically changed everything about her life after she lost her weight. That is one thing I don't want to do is do a complete change, my personality is one thing that many people like about me. A friend of mine told me the other day that I seem like I lost 50 pounds because I seem so much more positive about everything. I just don't want to become arogant, snotty, or lose my personality, and I don't want my home life to ever change. Does any of this cross your mind, or is it just me? I have a long way before I get skinny and to my goal weight, but it is still in my mind.

Well GREAT JOB everyone, lets keep up the good work!!! YOU ALL ARE GREAT!!!!

OK, just went and tried my size 13s on, THEY FIT!! I have 3 new pairs of jeans from my closet, YIPEE!! I have been wearing size 15-16, the 13s are a little snug but not to where I can't breathe! Just wanted to share that with you all, I was excited, my husband just said, "Good", and off in the other room he went. Shouldn't he be jumping up and down like me, lol, just kidding.

I have been eating 2 meals a day and drinking one (a slim fast optima) Food has gone down well without a problem. I have been making the healthiest meals and THEY ARE SO GOOD! My husband even enjoys them and he isnt one for healthy foods! I had a little pasta with a lot of red and yellow peppers and some chicken last night. I think i mightve eaten a bit too much (but a LOT less then the portions I used to eat of pasta)..so i went for a walk around the block and felt much better. The othe night I had 1/2 a turkey burger and 1/2 a sweet potato.... I have been walking a lot and eating so well, I am so proud of myself! The scale has been playing with me the last week-- all the way down - then 4 pounds back up- now 2 lbs back down..UGH. My fill is on 4/10 and my goal is to lose 5 more pounds before then.. which would put me at 30lbs lost total. I think its pretty doable.

Good luck to everyone!

Lisa... woowhoo!!! The jeans probably looks awesome and he was speechless! You know how guys are... when things are going well or in the right direction then they stop thinking about it and on to the next task.. Oh well, that's how my husband is. Still haven't tried on jeans... I will have to try it on sometime.... but I wanna dig up my size 13 too in the garage... There's a task for me to do this weekend. Keep up the great job!!! You rock!

Mackenzie... you and Michele are so on top of it. I do so well cooking for my family and actually making good choices for their meals but when it was my turn to eat, I was having cravings for the bad stuff. I gotta stop it and think... food is no longer my friend (I read that either here or on another forum). I'm so glad I have the band 'cause I could have probably eaten a whole cow had I not had the band last night!!! In my mind I was going to have that whole juicy burger and just work it off today. NOT... my band was not letting me! I actually thought that I still must have eaten too much 'cause I about died from being so full from that piece of hamburger meat and a few measly chips (LOL.. do I sound like I'm complaining?). My husband had a weird grin on his face when I told him that I felt so FULL and I thought I was going to burst. He said "I thought you were kinda too excited to eat and that the hamburger may not have the best choice!" He was right and I told him to never let me do that again. My question is...why? I thought there was no restriction yet until our first fill? If any of the EXPERTS here have an explanation then please explain. I mean I'm really thankful that the band restriction was there because I could have done some major damage (eating), but now I'm confused. Am I still not ready to eat solids.... should I take it easy and start with mushy foods? I'm emailing Dr. Miranda about this.... I'll let you know what she says...

Hanna

. My question is...why? I thought there was no restriction yet until our first fill? If any of the EXPERTS here have an explanation then please explain. I mean I'm really thankful that the band restriction was there because I could have done some major damage (eating), but now I'm confused. Am I still not ready to eat solids.... should I take it easy and start with mushy foods? I'm emailing Dr. Miranda about this.... I'll let you know what she says...

Hanna

Thanks for the compliment! I am just so thrilled about this that I cant stand it! I did by come candy at the store the other day- but instead of eating the entire bag on the way home like i used to- i had 3 pieces and put it away for another day. Yeah sure i shouldnt be eating candy anyway but I wanted a small treat.

I get nervous too about eating foods now. going from liquids to solids... she said so mushy foods..sooo i didnt have any. I am interested to hear what she says though hanna so be sure to post it!!!

I have one of the best friends the in world, i tell her everything...but when it comes to the band she just doesnt understand the joy in eating a few pieces of candy and putting the bag down! haah so its nice to share with all of you!

Have a great day! Its beautiful here in south florida- i hope it is everywhere else too!!!!

Dear Hanna

If you are only eating 1/4 of your typical intake you do have

restriction, after 21 days on liquids you are fine to eat, but DO NOT

FORCE FEED.

The restriction will be less and less each day.

This is Dr. Miranda's response. I guess 21 days would be tomorrow for us! I've slowed down on eating, kinda grazing. I'll eat a few pieces of food... walk around, get on the pc... let 15 mins. pass then chew another piece of food. Eggs seem to go down well! I'm trying to test my comfortable zone of food intake... so far 1/4 cup is doing it. Sunny outside so I'm off for a walk too. I really hated that fullness feeling last night... when I lay down it doesn't seem to be as bad, I went to bed feeling really yucky and then this morning I'm OKAY again. I am going to have to learn my band... it's gonna take a little time to get used to but I'm very happy about the not being able to gorge on food!! I can't even if I wanted too! Ha ha ha.... this is fantastic ladies.... just what a recovering food addict needs!!

I love you guys!!!! Just like Mackenzie said, I have sisters and friends that just don't understand. It's great that I can vent and let it out here on the forum and it makes sense to you!

Hanna ><'

• 2 weeks later...

Okay ladies, it's nearing our fill date... I'm going to take a survey as to who'd like to go shopping in TJ and I need to know where our meeting place is going to be. Since we do have to be fasted 2 hours before our fill then we can't really do breakfast... maybe coffee, tea.. but at around 7:30am... maybe?...... We can't really have a solid meal on the day of our fill and the following day...we're to take it easy and do liquids... okay this isn't looking so great... We're back to sipping ladies, LOL! The only time we can eat is the night before on the 18th or the following day with mush, if you are still around on the 19th, which I know Linda and I are. Whatever... here I am again planning around a meal time, bad habit of mine, we can do drinks... I'm not a drinker but I will do a margarita, are we aloud?!!! We are just going to get together and sip away and support each other during that fill we have to do... I have a video on myspace regarding a fill... anyone see it yet?... As the day gets nearer to our fill I'm getting freaked out again about that awfully long looking needle going in... LOL!!! I'm such a big chicken!!!! I know you guys feel the same way too!!! So fess up!!! LOL!!! I hope some experienced bandster will chime in and say something to calm me down in this forum.

Okay, you may post here.. I'll check. Or send me email here... click on my pic WAgal and you can pretty much send me email privately. Or my direct email... ramilhanna@gmail.com

If you are already at Lucerna then it's probably best for us to meet up at the OCC, but if you are going into TJ that morning like me and Linda and Zulma, please let me know your location and I'll have to check with Zulma as to where she is comfortable picking up everyone and how many she can take... Lisa, Linda, Michelle, Hanna, Zulma, Melody. Lisa and Melody have you made flight plans yet? Linda and I are going to be there on the 17th already... Zulma and Michelle are driving in... Michelle with her family and will be staying at Lucerna (if I remember correctly). I think we'll let Zulma decide on a central location to hitch a ride with her into TJ and we'll probably have to be meeting around 7:30am to be there on time at 9:00am... or we can be later since we'll probably have some of the Lucerna guests there that can do the fill first. As long as we have one gal there by 9am.. 1/2 hour interval per gal, $100 cash, 2 hour fasting.

example response:

1. shop - yes

2. staying at Omni Hotel from 17th to 19th

3. suggested light meal/drinks at Lucerna

4. need a ride from SD to OCC for fill that morning.

I'll give you my contact number too in an email. This should get us going.

Update on me:

Snow has got me feeling blue here... so cold... I was trying to join the gym but couldn't make up my mind which one.. Curves or LAFitnes.. both very close to me just seem to like the facilities at LAFitnes... but I got frightened 'cause they were offering me (LAFitness) all these free months but wanted me to pay upfront close to $800 for 2 years w/1 year free??? I see that the membership had dwindled and have heard rumors of LAFitness not letting you quit once you hand over your credit card. This kinda happened to me awhile back in a healthclub before. Followed their protocols for quitting but still didn't work... it was crazy...I finally had to cancel my credit card then I was able to stop them from taking my money.. It was like a FRIEND's episode where Chandler was trying to quit his healthclub but they kept throwing in the most beautiful girl at him when he tried to quit... well not same scenario just the trying to quit part, they wouldn't let me! I had a mini pbing episode... I blogged it... chewed and talked while eating a ham and tried to drink water thinking I was gonna help it down... I got scared... the water spouted out within seconds, I stood still and felt that ham go down slowwwly and uncomfortably... :( Lesson learned... don't eat and talk!!! Chew...chew... chew... I'm up 1 lb... So I'm really 19 lbs. lost.... I'm still obsessing with the scale.. but weighed myself 2 days ago.. maybe I lost the lb. but I will not go on that scale until Thursday!!! Didn't do the measurements on my body but definitely fit in a size large now.... Okay.. sorry this is way too long. My grand daughter is going to be born in July 2008 and I wanna look great for when I hold her!!!

Okay ladies, it's nearing our fill date... I'm going to take a survey as to who'd like to go shopping in TJ and I need to know where our meeting place is going to be. Since we do have to be fasted 2 hours before our fill then we can't really do breakfast... maybe coffee, tea.. but at around 7:30am... maybe?...... We can't really have a solid meal on the day of our fill and the following day...we're to take it easy and do liquids... okay this isn't looking so great... We're back to sipping ladies, LOL! The only time we can eat is the night before on the 17th or the following day with mush, if you are still around on the 19th, which I know Linda and I are. Whatever... here I am again planning around a meal time, bad habit of mine, we can do drinks... I'm not a drinker but I will do a margarita, are we allowed?!!! We are just going to get together and sip away and support each other during that fill we have to do... I have a video on myspace regarding a fill... anyone see it yet?... As the day gets nearer to our fill I'm getting freaked out again about that awfully long looking needle going in... LOL!!! I'm such a big chicken!!!! I know you guys feel the same way too!!! So fess up!!! LOL!!! I hope some experienced bandster will chime in and say something to calm me down in this forum.

Okay, you may post here.. I'll check. Or send me email here... click on my pic WAgal and you can pretty much send me email privately. Or my direct email... ramilhanna@gmail.com

If you are already at Lucerna then it's probably best for us to meet up at the OCC, but if you are going into TJ that morning like me and Linda and Zulma, please let me know your location and I'll have to check with Zulma as to where she is comfortable picking up everyone and how many she can take... Lisa, Linda, Michelle, Hanna, Zulma, Melody. Lisa and Melody have you made flight plans yet? Linda and I are going to be there on the 17th already... Zulma and Michelle are driving in... Michelle with her family and will be staying at Lucerna (if I remember correctly). I think we'll let Zulma decide on a central location to hitch a ride with her into TJ and we'll probably have to be meeting around 7:30am to be there on time at 9:00am... or we can be later since we'll probably have some of the Lucerna guests there that can do the fill first. As long as we have one gal there by 9am.. 1/2 hour interval per gal, $100 cash, 2 hour fasting.

example response:

1. shop - yes

2. staying at Omni Hotel from 17th to 19th

3. suggested light meal/drinks at Lucerna

4. need a ride from SD to OCC for fill that morning.

I'll give you my contact number too in an email. This should get us going.

Update on me:

Snow has got me feeling blue here... so cold... I was trying to join the gym but couldn't make up my mind which one.. Curves or LAFitnes.. both very close to me just seem to like the facilities at LAFitnes... but I got frightened 'cause they were offering me (LAFitness) all these free months but wanted me to pay upfront close to $800 for 2 years w/1 year free??? I see that the membership had dwindled and have heard rumors of LAFitness not letting you quit once you hand over your credit card. This kinda happened to me awhile back in a healthclub before. Followed their protocols for quitting but still didn't work... it was crazy...I finally had to cancel my credit card then I was able to stop them from taking my money.. It was like a FRIEND's episode where Chandler was trying to quit his healthclub but they kept throwing in the most beautiful girl at him when he tried to quit... well not same scenario just the trying to quit part, they wouldn't let me! I had a mini pbing episode... I blogged it... chewed and talked while eating a ham and tried to drink water thinking I was gonna help it down... I got scared... the water spouted out within seconds, I stood still and felt that ham go down slowwwly and uncomfortably... :( Lesson learned... don't eat and talk!!! Chew...chew... chew... I'm up 1 lb... So I'm really 19 lbs. lost.... I'm still obsessing with the scale.. but weighed myself 2 days ago.. maybe I lost the lb. but I will not go on that scale until Thursday!!! Didn't do the measurements on my body but definitely fit in a size large now.... Okay.. sorry this is way too long. My grand daughter is going to be born in July 2008 and I wanna look great for when I hold her!!!

Hey girls,

I have everything lined up, I am staying at the Omni from the 16th - 19th. Are we riding with Zuma to OCC Friday for our fill, what was your ideas for getting back to San Diego? Are we shopping afterwards?

I am so ready for a fill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think my daughter and I are going to Sea World and the zoo Thursday. Any good advice on where to buy our tickets for that at a good deal?

When will you all be in, where are you staying?

Have you already talked to Zuma?

Can't wait to see you all!!

Hanna's Response for fill trip:

1. shop in TJ - yes only if the majority wants to go

2. staying at Omni Hotel on the 17th, Grand Hyatt on 18th, & 19th.

3. suggested light meal/drinks, no preference in bar or restaurant.

4. need a ride from SD to OCC for fill that morning. will ride with Zulma, soon as she gives us meeting point.

Okay.. just stole this from Doolittle... if you haven't read it here on the forum this is what we should be doing for our fill:

Increase Your Chances of a Good Fill

The following suggestions are good rules of thumb and will greatly increase your chances of getting a good fill.

1. Be sure you are very well hydrated when you come in for your fill appointment. That means at least 6 to 8 full glasses of liquid every day for at least several days before the fill.

(Remember, water is your friend).

Drink especially well the morning of the fill. If you're flying in, it can be much harder to stay hydrated, so take an empty drink bottle and fill it after you pass airport security. TSA rules state you can bring an empty water bottle past the TSA security check point. Bring some of those "to-go" packs of Crystal Light, they’re ideal! Ask the flight attendants for a refill of your water bottle, pop one in, and then you will have plenty to drink.

(Hint - If you flying in for a fill, while you're on the plane, grab a couple of those white barf bags.

It’s good to keep one in your purse or car, for "emergencies".)

2. Do not to have any solid foods for at least 6 hours before the fill. Don't eat a huge or late dinner the night before. If you're having any trouble (reflux, possible slip, etc)

please have nothing but fluids after dinner the night before.

In some cases, food can still be in the pouch for 12 or more hours.

ANY food in the pouch will make it impossible to give a good fill, or get a good fluoro

3. Don't drink COLD fluids for an hour before the fill. That will shrink your stoma and give a false fluoro reading, and a poor fill. Room temp fluids are fine. Let the ice in your drink melt and hour before a fill,

and then you'll have room-temp fluids to drink right up to the fill time.

4. Avoid getting a fill during a menstrual period or a few days before an expected one. During this time, girls are usually retaining water, and the fluoro will not be as accurate, and the fill will not be either.

5. If at all possible, hang around for at least a few hours after a fill. Don't run right back home or to the plane. It takes the normal swelling after a fill 1-2 hours to develop, and by that time you might be too tight and need to come right back.

6. If you fly in, If at all possible, stay overnight and catch a plane out the following late afternoon or evening. If you are too tight, this will allow time to get a small unfill before you leave. This is not very convenient, but sure beats having to possibly return to TJ in a few days, on short notice, in pain, and at high last-minute plane fares! This is "prevention!" Overfills are not common, but they DO happen, even under the best of conditions. Be prepared, and think about this overnight stay. Test your fill the next day before you leave.

7. After a fill, please have liquids only for at least 24 hrs. This allows the stoma to rest and heal. Then, a day of soft foods, then back to regular foods. Full liquids are fine, no need for clears. Remember, if you staying over night test your fill before you fly out.

8. Review the eating and food guidelines again before every fill. You’ll need to refine your eating more and more with higher fill levels, and there will be less and less room for goofs. As you reach a higher fill level, you'll no longer be able to "get away" with things you might have before!

9. Please don't get a fill if you are having ANY trouble with the current level of fill. This means ANY regular pain, PB or barfing more than maybe once a week at the VERY most, not able to get enough

calories in, not able to drink enough, able to eat only soft foods or fluids.

More fill will NOT help, and will make things worse. Discuss all this carefully with your doctor. You may even need an UNFILL, to keep your band and stomach safe.

10. First fills are routinely given at 6-8 weeks after surgery, but only as you need them. Many people do, some do not. Your doctor will help you decide if you need a fill, just ask. There is no rush for fills. Too much can very easily get you in trouble, and you end up further "behind" than if you had gone slower with fills.

11. Give a fill at least 2-3 weeks to test it. Some fills don't "settle in" for a week or two, and sometimes more. Your weight loss is what determines how a fill is - not any feeling of restriction, necessarily.

12. One of the most important things in determining if a fill is good is choosing proper band foods. Soft foods, liquids, junk foods, sweets, etc, will NEVER be well-restricted, and will never tell a thing about having a good fill or not. Only solid foods give useful info.

A good test meal is 2-4 oz of solid meat or chicken - be sure it's soft and moist - and about 1/2 cup veggies. You should be able to eat about a cup of food (no less) and this should keep you satisfied (NOT "FULL", but simply "satisfied, not physically hungry". for about 3-4 hrs.

13. Plan regular meals. A good fill will keep you satisfied for 3-4 hrs, but no longer. If you are hungry 5 hrs after lunch, it is not because you have an inadequate fill! Regular meals at planned times are important for a number of reasons; including avoiding snacking, maximizing your calorie burn and normalizing metabolism, which is essential for weight maintenance later on.

14. Learn to recognize YOUR "soft stop" sign. Common ones are chest tightness or "fullness", a sudden runny nose, a single hiccup or burp, an eye twitch, back pain, left should pain. All mean the pouch is full enough and we should STOP eating, even spitting out the bite that may be already in our mouths. If you do not, you could progress to the "hard stop" - slimming, pb, barfing.

Please remember that good fills are very elusive, even with highly- experienced docs and fill people. There are just too many individual factors involved that the docs cannot control. Even the fluoro is only a clue, and not entirely accurate - for some of the reasons above.

It usually takes 3- 5 fills to slowly and safely creep up on a good level, and they can be safely given a month apart.

Trying to go faster with a bigger fill is not the solution, and the stomach rebels at big sudden fills. The goal of the first few fills is NOT to achieve a good restriction, but to gradually get your stomach used to some pressure so you can tolerate a GOOD fill later.

SLOW and GRADUAL is the key!

Going slowly with fills can be frustrating, but is well worth the wait to avoid problems.

Forum: Support / General Discussions · Post Preview: #18694 · Replies: 15 · Views: 351