I dont think i want to eat food again...

So...Here i am, less than a week away from being able to eat FOOD....and at first, it couldnt come soon enough, but NOW?!! Now Im scared! I dont want to fall back into my old habits, and I really wish that I could be on all liquids until my fill on April 11th! Does/did anyone else feel like this? I just DO NOT want the scale to move up at all bc its happend to me before and Im just TERRIFIED of it happening again. AHH! I have already made my grocery list and meal plan for when I can start eating again to make sure that I make VERY healthy choices (no butter, everything non or low fat, SMALL portions, veggies, turkey/chicken/fish)..so that is a start...anyway just had to get that off my chest...am i alone here?!

nooooo one else feels like this?!!! i cant believe it

HELLO MACKENZIE,

I'M NOT BANDED YET [3-25] BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU'RE COMMING FROM. I'VE LOST HUNDREDS OF POUNDS OVER THE YEARS ONLY TO GAIN THEM ALL BACK PLUS. HAVING LAP BAND SURGERY ISN'T AN EASY DECISION AND THE THOUGHT OF GOING THROUGH ALL OF THIS AND POSSIBLY GAINING THE WEIGHT BACK IS FRIGHTENING!! :unsure:

BY THE SOUNDS OF THINGS, YOU'RE DOING VERY WELL!! CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS... I MUST SAY THAT I HOPE I DO AS WELL!! =D> YOU KNOW THAT THE FEAR IS THERE, I THINK THAT WILL HELP KEEP YOU ON TRACK. [OF COURSE THE BAND WILL HELP TOO :) ] KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND KEEP US INFORMED!!

DARLENE

Hey Mackenzie-

I was banded the day after you (2.28) and I totally know what you mean. I have been doing the optifast plan and losing about 5lbs a week- I too am concerned that the moment I return to "real" food that I will blow all my hard work. I am drinking 5 meals a day so I feel plenty full, maybe I too will stay on the liquid diet a little bit longer or if nothing else keep doing the liquid meals for breakfast-lunch and then eating a "real" meal with my family for dinner

Hey Mackenzie-

I was banded the day after you (2.28) and I totally know what you mean. I have been doing the optifast plan and losing about 5lbs a week- I too am concerned that the moment I return to "real" food that I will blow all my hard work. I am drinking 5 meals a day so I feel plenty full, maybe I too will stay on the liquid diet a little bit longer or if nothing else keep doing the liquid meals for breakfast-lunch and then eating a "real" meal with my family for dinner

Yeah, I am just scared!! I dont quite trust myself yet- I think we talked before that you didnt alwasy have a weight problem- and i developed a food addiction sometime in the last few years..and here I am. I just dont want to resort back to my old habits- it isnt an OPTION for me...but sometimes that demon is bigger then my angel you know! ahaha we will see how things go... I heard my mom talking to my family doc also my god parents (they delivered me actually) and they said that if mackenzie sets her mind to something, then the fight is over..which is true- but GOD, that doesnt mean its easy- esp this! good luck to you- i just know that I will keep writing on my blog and keep posting on here and I will get thru!

Well. Ladies, I started solids today and .....it was really exciting! =D> Here is why. You have a tool and this is when your tool starts helping. :o First and for most ...you can not believe what everyone else says about what they experienced when they started solids. ;) I had chicken and mash potatoes. The chicken was cut up really fine, a vey small amount and the some with the mash pottatoes. I ate slow and cheeeeeeewed! It went down fine and I was full. :P

Remember, that the band will help you...cause it's your food guide! ><' Overeat and see how you feel....it's a bad feeling. :blink: I learned that quick, you will quickly know how to stick with 4 oz. The key is you have limited amount of space.......and you can drink to get full or eat to get full. Eating solids is fun because you get a chance to see the band in action. =D> We have to STOP being afraid of everything.......Either we believe the Lord or we fight this demon for the rest of our lives..........I plan with the Lord's help and prayer to use this tool to help me go the next level. LADIES GET YOUR FORKS AND SPOONS OUT AND EAT, AND LEARN YOUR BANDS AND LOSE THE WEIGHT!

God 4 Us!

HELLO MACKENZIE,

I'M NOT BANDED YET [3-25] BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU'RE COMMING FROM. I'VE LOST HUNDREDS OF POUNDS OVER THE YEARS ONLY TO GAIN THEM ALL BACK PLUS. HAVING LAP BAND SURGERY ISN'T AN EASY DECISION AND THE THOUGHT OF GOING THROUGH ALL OF THIS AND POSSIBLY GAINING THE WEIGHT BACK IS FRIGHTENING!! :unsure:

BY THE SOUNDS OF THINGS, YOU'RE DOING VERY WELL!! CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS... I MUST SAY THAT I HOPE I DO AS WELL!! =D> YOU KNOW THAT THE FEAR IS THERE, I THINK THAT WILL HELP KEEP YOU ON TRACK. [OF COURSE THE BAND WILL HELP TOO :) ] KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND KEEP US INFORMED!!

DARLENE

I wonder how many of us have lost about a thousand pounds? I have lost 83, 58, 98, 112, 115, and Lord knows how many other groups of pounds in all my excursions with Weight Watchers. I started WW in 1970 when I was 15, and I have been on it until recently, at 53. I bet that I have lost close to a thousand pounds. That is so sad...that would be about 6 adult women and a child.

Well, the page has turned and I feel like this is my last and best chance.

We leave for San Diego on Sunday for a couple of days of vacation before we check in on Tuesday.

Who is arriving on Air Alaska at 12:30? We are supposed to meet our ride at your pick up area.

Paula

I wonder how many of us have lost about a thousand pounds? I have lost 83, 58, 98, 112, 115, and Lord knows how many other groups of pounds in all my excursions with Weight Watchers. I started WW in 1970 when I was 15, and I have been on it until recently, at 53. I bet that I have lost close to a thousand pounds. That is so sad...that would be about 6 adult women and a child.

Well, the page has turned and I feel like this is my last and best chance.

We leave for San Diego on Sunday for a couple of days of vacation before we check in on Tuesday.

Who is arriving on Air Alaska at 12:30? We are supposed to meet our ride at your pick up area.

Paula

HEY PAULA,

IT DOES MAKE YOU WONDER, HUH?!! I KNOW I'VE LOST HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OVER THE YEARS [i'M 43] I TRIED WW BUT NEVER LIKED IT. LA WEIGHT LOSS WORKED REALLY WELL FOR ME, BUT I COULDN'T MAINTAIN IT. I REALLY WISH I WOULD HAVE HAD THIS OPPORTUNITY WHEN I WAS IN MY 20'S, I JUST WONDER WHERE I'D BE TODAY....

ENJOY YOUR VACATION AND KEEP US UPDATED WITH YOUR PROGRESS!!! =D>

DARLENE