Protein bars?

I am on the pre-op diet. Has anyone mentioned using protein bars as a shake substitution? I am going to the movie tomorrow with my daughter-in-law, then we are going shopping. If I take a shake, It will be warm by the time we (she) sits down for lunch. Is a protein bar that has equivilent protein, calories, etc. a possible substitute?

I dont remember anyone saying that Dr. Miranda ever said anything about it.

Paula

I had a protein bar for lunch today. It was a Special K one and it was so good! It is keeping me full too. Hooray!

I am on the pre-op diet. Has anyone mentioned using protein bars as a shake substitution? I am going to the movie tomorrow with my daughter-in-law, then we are going shopping. If I take a shake, It will be warm by the time we (she) sits down for lunch. Is a protein bar that has equivilent protein, calories, etc. a possible substitute?

I dont remember anyone saying that Dr. Miranda ever said anything about it.

Paula

Depends what type of diet you are using. Atkins bars have a lot more carbs than the shakes. So, I stick to the shake. Depends what you are counting, calories, carbs etc. and depends what Dr. Miranda wants you to do. I wasn't allowed to substitute, but then again, I had 20 pounds to lose in a short time.