Weird question.............

I am flying in on Easter Sunday an d I was wondering if anyone had any idea if things will be open in Mexico that day? I have been planning all along to have a real mexican meal as my last meal before surgery and now I am wondering if places will be open due to the holiday. Does anyone know?

I'm sure everything will be open, remember Mexico deals with tourists. Anyway, don't make your last meal heavy, or spicy you will definately regret it. My doctor had me on liquids for 12 hours before my I got my band, actually, I wasn't allowed to eat after midnight the night before. Good luck, don't stress you're starting a wonderful new chapter in your life!!! Helena =D>

Just remember it is not your "last meal". You will be able to eat again and eat healthy and feel satisfied! I had that mind set too.....that is the food addiction talking, always worrying about your next meal. I still do that occasionally, but deal with it much better since being banded.

Just remember it is not your "last meal". You will be able to eat again and eat healthy and feel satisfied! I had that mind set too.....that is the food addiction talking, always worrying about your next meal. I still do that occasionally, but deal with it much better since being banded.

OOOOPS, I meant it because I have been on the pre-op diet for 6 weeks now. First Atkins, now I am on the milkshake diet part because I had to lose 20 pounds befor surgery. It was for when I was going to reward myself for doing so well on my diet. Thats all. I know it's not really my last meal, sorry for the miscommunication!

Thanks!

OOOOPS, I meant it because I have been on the pre-op diet for 6 weeks now. First Atkins, now I am on the milkshake diet part because I had to lose 20 pounds befor surgery. It was for when I was going to reward myself for doing so well on my diet. Thats all. I know it's not really my last meal, sorry for the miscommunication!

Thanks!

The resteraunt in the Lucerna offers a fabulous quesidilla... it was huge though and both my sister and felt we could have shared it. This was probably because we had also been on the shake pre-op and were not used to consuming so much. That being said, I think TammyLu also had the same thing...

BTW, when we went to Mexico back in January, we were specifically told not to eat outside the resort and to stay away from the fruit. Just a thought... don't want to get sick on top of surgery.

The resteraunt in the Lucerna offers a fabulous quesidilla... it was huge though and both my sister and felt we could have shared it. This was probably because we had also been on the shake pre-op and were not used to consuming so much. That being said, I think TammyLu also had the same thing...

BTW, when we went to Mexico back in January, we were specifically told not to eat outside the resort and to stay away from the fruit. Just a thought... don't want to get sick on top of surgery.

The main recommendation for eating in MX is to eat only things you can peel or wash yourself in water with either microdine or a few drops of bleach. Make sure your drinks have purified ice...restaurants want tourists to come back and so do a pretty good job. I had the best ceasar salad ever at a small pizza joint in Todos Santos this winter...organically grown just out of town.

I've been to MX for two vacations and not gotten tourista and I'm even brave enough to eat from roadside stands. :) But...I am known for having a cast iron stomach. We went for two full weeks this past Xmas with my whole family and out of a dozen people we only had two cases of mild tourista that were gone within a few hours.

Do make sure you brush your teeth with bottled water and only drink bottled water...I think that will solve most problems.

Good luck!

Twigs

This may be a dumb question but what is tourista?

The main recommendation for eating in MX is to eat only things you can peel or wash yourself in water with either microdine or a few drops of bleach. Make sure your drinks have purified ice...restaurants want tourists to come back and so do a pretty good job. I had the best ceasar salad ever at a small pizza joint in Todos Santos this winter...organically grown just out of town.

I've been to MX for two vacations and not gotten tourista and I'm even brave enough to eat from roadside stands. :) But...I am known for having a cast iron stomach. We went for two full weeks this past Xmas with my whole family and out of a dozen people we only had two cases of mild tourista that were gone within a few hours.

Do make sure you brush your teeth with bottled water and only drink bottled water...I think that will solve most problems.

Good luck!

Twigs