How soon to book a surgery?

After learning about the lap band surgery, I jumped on board and scheduled mine for June 8th. However I had not yet heard about Dr. Ortiz and now I"m having second thoughts about having my done here in Calif. for twice the price.

Since I'm a single parent with a handicapped 15 yr old, I had to do a lot of planning and scheduling to make arrangements for his caretaking. I really would like to change my surgery to Dr. Ortiz and am wondering how quickly it can be done.

Is there a long waiting period??

Thanks...Cindy :)

I drove down on a Monday afternoon to check out the facility and meet Dr. Ortiz. I was scheduled for the following Monday. So, no, there isn't a long wait at all. He does up to 6 surgeries a day, I believe.

Jen

After learning about the lap band surgery, I jumped on board and scheduled mine for June 8th. However I had not yet heard about Dr. Ortiz and now I"m having second thoughts about having my done here in Calif. for twice the price.

Since I'm a single parent with a handicapped 15 yr old, I had to do a lot of planning and scheduling to make arrangements for his caretaking. I really would like to change my surgery to Dr. Ortiz and am wondering how quickly it can be done.

I booked surgery for myself, mother, and sister within two weeks of intial contact with Carolyn. I could have picked an earlier date, but we couldn't get airline tickets that soon! Since the majority of Dr. Ortiz's patients are private pay there is little waiting.

Thanks so much for your reply :) I am scheduled for banding on June 9th! I am so excited! My BMI is really high, so I need to lose some initial weight to help with the surgery and the recovery time - I started the Atkin's diet this past Monday and have lost 2 lbs. so far :)

Good luck with your surgery!!

Cindy :)

I booked surgery for myself, mother, and sister within two weeks of intial contact with Carolyn. I could have picked an earlier date, but we couldn't get airline tickets that soon! Since the majority of Dr. Ortiz's patients are private pay there is little waiting.

I don't know your California surgeon...it doesn't matter anyway. I've never in my almost 60 years met any medical person more skilled or more caring that Drs. Ortiz, Martinez, and Jimenez. They'll work with your schedule, but you need to call quickly...

Thanks Arnold....I'm booked with Dr. Ortiz for June 9th!

I don't know your California surgeon...it doesn't matter anyway. I've never in my almost 60 years met any medical person more skilled or more caring that Drs. Ortiz, Martinez, and Jimenez. They'll work with your schedule, but you need to call quickly...

CindyK,

Actually I had an appointment within 10 days of my decision to go to Dr. Ortiz. I can't praise him and their team enough of their service. The facility is brand new and everyone is so caring and wonderful. I flew there from Cancun had surgery the next day, spent the 3rd day in the hotel, and flew home on the 4th. I feel fine, a bit stiff, but doing great. Just wanted to let you know about my experience. I would recommend them to everyone!!! :D

I booked mine in 2 weeks. The entire team is a pleasure to work with. Mine is scheduled for May 25th

Daivd,

Awsome this will be the beginning of your new life. Good luck on your surgery day. Keep us posted. Sylvia