Smokers help!

I am having a horrible time with quitting smoking while on this pre-op diet. I can do one or the other, but both at one time is killing me. Any suggestions?

I DONT SMOKE, BUT ALOT OF MY FIRENDS HAVE QUIT IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS, THEY ALL HAVE USED CHANTIX, IT IS A PILL SUBSCRIBED BY YOUR DR., IT IS PRETTY PRICY THOUGH ABOUT $100 DOLLARS FOR A MONTH SUPPLY, BUT THAT IS ALL YOU NEED. EVERONE THAT I KNOW THAT HAS TAKEN IT SWARES BY IT. LOOK IN TO IT, I THINK THAT IT WILL HELP.

i was a smoker up until my pre op diet- and ive read some of your posts and i know how excited about the surgery you are and how badly you want this surgery. Let me just tell you that smoking before surgery is extremely dangerous! They will also be able to tell if youve been smoking when they do the blood test- TRUST ME! my friend went in to get implants and they postponed her surgery for a month because they knew she was smoking when she wasnt supposed to! I know its hard, this whole thing, but you NEED to give up smoking. Also... you are doing this to get healthy right? Well, smoking is doing just the opposite. I think you mentioned you have kids right? You dont want them to see you smoking- or PICK UP smoking when they are older ( as most kids of parents who smoke do). I heard a commerical the other day on the radio about smoking and at the end the guy was saying I dont care if i get cancer..and he is true. We KNOW that smoking causes cancer and yet we continue to do it. you can quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are changing your life with the lap band so make the change and quit smoking too! its a battle in your mind- after 48 hours your body doesnt crave nicotine anymore, your mind and mouth do! Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. Ugh..it is just so hard!! :blink:

I just went to CVS and bought some Commit Lozenges. Wish me luck!

Oh thank you Evette! =D>

I sure hope we get to meet there. I will be arriving the 26th. :rolleyes:

Hi,

There was another post titled SMOKING and I left a long reply there, but to be short and sweet on this one, I quit withing a week to 4 days before surgery and smoked again after. Right when we were dropped off at the Hotel. I haven't quit and sometimes think I replaced food I don't or can't eat anymore with smoking, but I don't smoke more than I used to, probably about the same or less. Not very healthy, but weight lost is making healthier by not being so heavy and I am not ready to quit yet. I really believe you have to be ready and really want to quit to be successful. So, that is my story and and I will hopefully quit soon, but not just ready yet.

Good luck all with your weight loss and smoking journeys. God bless you all!

Peace,

Judy