Confused about fills

I called a Fill Center USA near me and was told that the doctor did the fill then you went to another facility for the floro after the fill. I thought fills and floro's occurred at the same time?

SJ

All the fills I've ever had were with Fluoro,, at the same time as the band adjustment. The OCC does it this way. This way you can make those fine adjustments as you watch the barium pass through the band. I've heard that some fill centers don't have a fluoro machine at the same office and have patients go to another location for the fluoro. It doesn't make sence to me to do fills that way. I'd call it a blind fill if that's the way their doing it.. I hope they don't miss the port and/or at the same time over fill you or under fill you. I hope their fill prices reflect that too. Your always better off going back to the OCC for your fills. Not only do they use fluoro at the same time,, they really check you out and make sure the bands in the correct position, etc. They have a reputation to keep and its the last thing they want is to have patients walk away with a incorrect fill. Even with fluoro, you could end up tight or loose,, that's why they want you to stay in town for a day so if you have any problems you can get back to the clinic and have it reajusted before you leave town.

I agree DoLittle, as far as I'm concerned fluoro after a fill is a waste of time and money, plus they charge $165 for fill and $300 for fluoro. For that price I can fly to TJ, but dang it is a long flight!

SJ