PBING?

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. IT TOLD ME EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW. I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF PEOPLE USE THAT TERM AND NEVER KNEW WHAT IT MENT. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY, MINE IS 3 DAYS AFTER YOURS, I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MY SKINNY SELF. MY GOAL IS TO BE AT 170. RIGHT NOW I AM AT 248.

It's called "Productive Burping." It could be two factors of why this happens: when you eat something and you may not have chewed well enough or when you have periods of strong restriction (like in the mornings) and the food gets stuck. You may get this feeling of nausea and your mouth fills up with alot of saliva. You'll need to go to the restroom to spit it out because it will be ALOT of saliva. Others may vomit the stuck food. I normally may get the mouth full of saliva and the nausea which doesn't last long for me. I'll have to go to the bathroom and wait until the food goes down. I prefer not to vomit because the band can be damaged from vomitting alot. It does hurt a bit, but I wait until the food goes down and the PBing stops. It is definitely not a fun experience. Below are some good tips on PBing I got from another great lapband forum (lapbandtalk.com).

Bev4Life

Any time you PB make sure you follow it with at least a day of liquids to be sure that any irritation or swelling has a chance to dissipate. Many bandsters find themselves tightest in the mornings, if that is your case dont work against it....try oatmeal or a protein drink. One other thing that might be helpful is to drink something warm before meals. It really helps relax everything and makes it much easier to get good solids down!