banded on 3/17/08

I was banded on 3/17/08 by Dr.Ortiz. the wait for surgery was long. I was last of seven and had to wait 6 hours. they never did my dental check, although they did all the others, not sure why. :-?

the surgey was fine and the Drs are amazing. answered all my questions. they all have a great bedside manner. i slept, watched TV or read a book most of the time that day.

the second day we returned to the hotel. water and broth went down slow. i am surprised how bloated i am. the gas pain eases with walking, but i wish i would have brought the gasx strips. i am also surprised how big the incisions are. i have 5. 3 are about an inch and 2 are 1/2 inch. the port incision is bruised, but nothing major. i am a little uncomfortable but no pain.

the hotel is great. sat by the pool for an hour or two and read a book. i would get up and walk around every 15 mintues or so. seemed to help with the gas.

i just wish i could so something for the bloating.

i am happy with all so far, will post again in the future.

I was banded on 3/17/08 by Dr.Ortiz. the wait for surgery was long. I was last of seven and had to wait 6 hours. they never did my dental check, although they did all the others, not sure why. :-?

the surgey was fine and the Drs are amazing. answered all my questions. they all have a great bedside manner. i slept, watched TV or read a book most of the time that day.

the second day we returned to the hotel. water and broth went down slow. i am surprised how bloated i am. the gas pain eases with walking, but i wish i would have brought the gasx strips. i am also surprised how big the incisions are. i have 5. 3 are about an inch and 2 are 1/2 inch. the port incision is bruised, but nothing major. i am a little uncomfortable but no pain.

the hotel is great. sat by the pool for an hour or two and read a book. i would get up and walk around every 15 mintues or so. seemed to help with the gas.

If you don't mind me asking where are your incisions and is 5 normal? thanks for your information Jan

If you don't mind me asking where are your incisions and is 5 normal? thanks for your information Jan

Jan - i think 5 or normal. the gal in the room next to me showed me hers and they were almost identical.

i did receive a reply from another member telling me when they glue comes off they won't look as big.

the smallest incision is directly up from the belly button but only about an inch below the breast bone. about another inch down there is one to the left about an inch. drop down two more inches and there are 3 more. one on the very left side of the stomache, one almost below the top incision and one right a few inches.

Hope this makes sense.

:( Sorry to hear your not feeling to good yet...but like you said on the brighter side 4 days down and you really don't have an appetite ...so only a few more days until you are on thicker liquids.

Have u tried some of the things suggested on this forum for the gas and bloat??

Hope u feel better soon :D

:( Sorry to hear your not feeling to good yet...but like you said on the brighter side 4 days down and you really don't have an appetite ...so only a few more days until you are on thicker liquids.

Have u tried some of the things suggested on this forum for the gas and bloat??

Hope u feel better soon :D

thanks for the kind thoughts. i am taking gasx and tylenol now and feel much better today. still have the gas and bloating though.

protein shakes are allowed on day 6......one more day to go!!!

i dreamed of eating warm bread with butter last night. thought it was odd i dreamed this, i like alot of foods!!!!!

I was the last to have surgery and waited a long time too and didn't get my dental check up.....they probably didn't have the time to do it or forgot...I got my dental check up when I went back for my fill and got the whitening done at the same time and it was no problem.

today is day 8 and feeling much better. I had to eat a piece of bread to calm down my stomache. i ate it very slowy and let it dissolve in my mouth. it helped me tremendously!!! i finally have gotten rid of some of the bloating.

the incisions are getting itchy, so i know they are healing.

Not very hungry, but have ofund that i used to nibble on everything i made for my 3 year old. I keep forgetting that i can't eat what he is eating.

now that i am no longer in pain and all bloated i can actually entertain a fill. Still haven't tried to schedule one yet.

• 2 weeks later...
hey gal - are you going to schedule a fill soon?

Hey - Misty here, banded on 3/17 also, I have my first fill scheduled for May 3rd at Fill Center in Roswell, GA. Had to weigh the option of going back to TJ versus the fill center and chose the fill center. Just can't handle too many of those 12 round trip flights. Hope you are doing well. Keep in touch.

Hey - Misty here, banded on 3/17 also, I have my first fill scheduled for May 3rd at Fill Center in Roswell, GA. Had to weigh the option of going back to TJ versus the fill center and chose the fill center. Just can't handle too many of those 12 round trip flights. Hope you are doing well. Keep in touch.

HI - i am getting a fill on 5/1 by Dr. ortiz. i don't have any restriction. Am curious to see how the fill changes this as i am losing hope.

how are you doing? my incisions are healing and i don't have any pain.

goodluck with your fill!

HI - i am getting a fill on 5/1 by Dr. ortiz. i don't have any restriction. Am curious to see how the fill changes this as i am losing hope.

goodluck with your fill!

I am doing fine. No restriction here either. But I do have SOME will power. I lacked that before the band. I just got back from the grocery store and bought lots of lean cuisine type meals and low cal. snacks. I am scared I will gain back the weight I lost before my fill but maybe not. My incisions are great - There are a couple that are a little tender but I am sure that will pass with time. Not much other pain though. My left should still hurts occasionally if I eat/drink too fast. But that is getting much better by the day. Well keep me posted.

goodluck with your fill!

Don't lose hope, the post op period before your first fill is meant to be a healing time, any weight loss is just a bonus. The first fill changes everything and really shows you want the band was designed to do!!