Hotel Lucerna

HA HA Funny story!!!

When I got to the Lucerna (it was Feb. so not very hot) I LOVE to sleep when it's very cold in the room. (Hello I live in GA- HOT HOT HOT and HUMID) So anyway I turned the thermostat to "cool and hi" I left and went to Starbucks (right across the street) came back and it was so HOT!!! I called the front desk and did the whole "Hello this is Cindy and my AC is broken, can you please send someone to fix it" in my sweet southern girl in distress voice. On the other end I hear "Oh Miss Cindy we do not have air conditioning in the hotel rooms" As I sweetly hung the phone up, I though HOLY COW I am glad that it is Feb and not JULY. This hotel is full of "fluffy" people and there's not any air conditoning!!!!! So just an FYI open the sliding door to your balcony and there is a wonderful breeze that comes in, I slept with it open and it was heaven. DO NOT TURN THE THERMOSTAT TO COOL AND THINK THAT IT WILL BE NICE A CHILLY WHEN YOU COME BACK!!! I wonder how many calls they get about that anyway!!! ha ha ha Good Luck to all future bandsters!!!!

WHAT? No AC? I thought this was a 5 star hotel?

That is SO funny. We just got back, and we were told that the heat was off for the season and they only had ac at this time. It so happened that I was COLD, so they sent up a little radiating heater.

They must have only one or the other on at the same time.

Paula

That is SO funny. We just got back, and we were told that the heat was off for the season and they only had ac at this time. It so happened that I was COLD, so they sent up a little radiating heater.

They must have only one or the other on at the same time.

Paula

Paula ><' ><' HOW are you? It was nice meeting you at the clinic. I froze too at the hotel...and man as a fluffy girl I usually run hot!!

PS. I think I read on Orbitz or Expedia its a 3 out of 5 star hotel. But it is still nice

Amanda

It was great meeting you, too! I froze the whole time, not just at the hotel.

I am doing great... no pain, no gas. I will be happy to add the liquid yogurt tomorrow, though.

Hugs,

Paula

i did the same thing! be sure to ask for a room on the quiet side so that you can sleep in peace with the balcony door open! They said that when it is cool outside there is no air - its just heat - but when its hot outside there is no heat only air....i was pretty upset about at first bc i like to sleep when its cold, but it wasnt bad at all!

HA HA Funny story!!!

When I got to the Lucerna (it was Feb. so not very hot) I LOVE to sleep when it's very cold in the room. (Hello I live in GA- HOT HOT HOT and HUMID) So anyway I turned the thermostat to "cool and hi" I left and went to Starbucks (right across the street) came back and it was so HOT!!! I called the front desk and did the whole "Hello this is Cindy and my AC is broken, can you please send someone to fix it" in my sweet southern girl in distress voice. On the other end I hear "Oh Miss Cindy we do not have air conditioning in the hotel rooms" As I sweetly hung the phone up, I though HOLY COW I am glad that it is Feb and not JULY. This hotel is full of "fluffy" people and there's not any air conditoning!!!!! So just an FYI open the sliding door to your balcony and there is a wonderful breeze that comes in, I slept with it open and it was heaven. DO NOT TURN THE THERMOSTAT TO COOL AND THINK THAT IT WILL BE NICE A CHILLY WHEN YOU COME BACK!!! I wonder how many calls they get about that anyway!!! ha ha ha Good Luck to all future bandsters!!!!

Very strange, :-? we set it to cold and it was freezing when we got back from our walk. we kept the fan on for the "white noise" but i had such a cold nose all night...