Banded 1/24/08 finally had first fill 3/24/08

I was banded on 01/24/08 by Dr. Zane (Kaiser Harbor City) and finally received my first fill on 03/24/08 - 1cc. I did not want to be too tight because a friend of mine had hers filled to 3cc and she continuously threw up and actually ended up in the hospital for dehydration. I have been on liquids since Monday and have already lost 3lbs. I lost 26lbs during the classes I had to take and then 29lbs since surgery. I have more energy and feel 100% better in and outside. I go to the gym three-four days a week doing cardio and water aerobics. I know that the lapband is not a cure all and that I have to do the work on my end too. I was the only one out of 16 people in my group who chose the lapband instead of the gastric bypass. I did lots of research online regarding the lapband and weighed out the pro's and con's of both procedures and felt this one would be perfect for me. I can't wait to talk with other people who have the band so I don't feel like the lone ranger lol.

Wow!!! Great job Brenda... I wanna do water aerobics too.. just don't want to do it until I am fully healed (my port stitch). Keep us posted. The weight loss you have had sounds fantastic!!! What band do you have? How does one know how much is just right for them? I've read that fill docs determine this while they have you drink water and just feel for the amount of pressure you handle while drinking? Still have to find out more about this. Tell me how you determined or your fill doctor? Thanks.. it's the next step of my journey to do "the fill". I wish I had made my appnt. sooner at the exact 6 weeks... Why? Because currently I have no restriction! I'm gone back to my pre-op diet so I don't regain weight and actually don't want to go backwards and regain weight and have bad eating habits re-introduced. I'm avoiding eating out since that is SO tempting to overeat... I'm not buying anything that is not real food. No chips and cookies and junk food... Oh.. and I love chips, so that's been hard for me... Okay.. making myself hungry talking about this.. Thanks for your post.

Hanna :D