POST OP DIET...

Ok ladies, I am REALLY REALLY REALLY struggling :(( :(( :((

Are all of you? :unsure:

I have 2 weeks left of this post op diet, I REFUSE to cheat...so for variety, what are you eating everyday? Perhaps, you have come up with something better than me? :-?

><'

I was just banded a week ago, and was having a bit of difficulty with only liquids. I wasn't hungry at all, but I missed the flavors of foods I loved. It was especially hard since I have kids and I still had to cook food for them that I can't eat yet. LOL!

I came up with a totally disgusting solution. I put a very small amount of what they are eating in a bowl, and I take a bite, chew it slowly... enjoying the flavor... and then I spit it in the garbage. I haven't had to take more than 3 bites of anything before I had that craving go away.

Like I said... totally gross. But it's working for me.

I will admit that I tried this with one of those Reese's easter eggs (the small one) and it simply dissolved in my mouth. I HAD to swallow. I ate the entire piece (80 cal). I'm so bad. Heh. So stay away from chocolate, it dissolves and you can't really spit it out. :-)

Another confession... with so much sweet stuff (yogurt, juice, popsicles, etc.), I've resorted to pulling a chip out and licking the heck out of it - just for some saltiness and flavor (BBQ Pringles are the bomb).

I was so glad to see your ticker tape. I started at 215 and want to be around 140. I will be banded april 7. Little nervous, little excited. I have lost 7 pounds pre op. hope to lose a bit more. Let's keep in touch. I am so tired of being fat...for the longest all I ever saw were much larger weight amounts and was concerned that I was being ridiculous for considering this...talk with you soon. :rolleyes:

Ladies OMgosh OMgosh...OMgos! Did I start this out! Dr. Miranda is going to kill me!!!! LOL!!! I was being brutally honest about spitting and chewing during the pre-op diet that I did exactly what you ladies have done... You guys are the best!!! Keep supporting each other.. you will get through it and remember Skinny jeans... "being skinny tastes better than anything" I love this forum and how our struggles keep us united!! Best wishes to all and hang in there!!! I was the first to admit it in my group of bandsters and a few fessed up after I admitted it.

Hanna:)

Another confession... with so much sweet stuff (yogurt, juice, popsicles, etc.), I've resorted to pulling a chip out and licking the heck out of it - just for some saltiness and flavor (BBQ Pringles are the bomb).

I was a closet "chip licker" too!!! :lol:

I have 2 weeks left of this post op diet, I REFUSE to cheat...so for variety, what are you eating everyday? Perhaps, you have come up with something better than me? :-?

><'

I am STARVING today, too. Thank heavens it is the day that I get to add creamy soups. I had coffee with a scoop of eas protein powder this morning, some juice through out the day, some cream of broccoli and cheese soup, blended smooth. I feel just ravenous. I cannot tell if it is mental hunger or physical hunger.. and my stomach is growling, too. I really don't feel like drinking anything else, which makes me think it is not physical hunger, but I am still feeling unsatisfied.

I will have a protein shake for supper... sigh.

I think about how privileged I am to live in a country where protein shakes are available, and I tell myself to stop the internal bitching and moaning. I am grateful.... but starving feeling.

Paula

I am STARVING today, too. Thank heavens it is the day that I get to add creamy soups. I had coffee with a scoop of eas protein powder this morning, some juice through out the day, some cream of broccoli and cheese soup, blended smooth. I feel just ravenous. I cannot tell if it is mental hunger or physical hunger.. and my stomach is growling, too. I really don't feel like drinking anything else, which makes me think it is not physical hunger, but I am still feeling unsatisfied.

I will have a protein shake for supper... sigh.

I think about how privileged I am to live in a country where protein shakes are available, and I tell myself to stop the internal bitching and moaning. I am grateful.... but starving feeling.

Paula

Who knew that soup would be so yummy.... And when I added the drinkable yougurts I almost swooned. Nothing has ever tasted that good.

Freezing a protein shake now for lunch.

I was so glad to see your ticker tape. I started at 215 and want to be around 140. I will be banded april 7. Little nervous, little excited. I have lost 7 pounds pre op. hope to lose a bit more. Let's keep in touch. I am so tired of being fat...for the longest all I ever saw were much larger weight amounts and was concerned that I was being ridiculous for considering this...talk with you soon. :rolleyes:

You are not being ridiculous! Don't ever think that. Good luck with your banding! Mine was done 3/19.

BTW, my highest weight was 222. UGH!!!

Brandi

p.s. I totally licked a pizza roll tonight. My kids laughed at my desperation. Heh.

I love you girls!!!!!!!! I was just wondering how I was gonna get the courage to ask the doctor if I could "chew and spit", and decided I would keep my dirty bad thoughts to myself. SURPRISE!!! I'm not the only one who wondered if that was ok?!?!?! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU ALLLL for your brutal honesty. I'm getting nervous but I'm ready for this journey to begin! So proud of you all!

Luvs,

Bethany ><'

I have a confession, too. I was so hungry yesterday that I took my can of cream of mushroom soup, added a can of my homemade chicken broth, and about an ounce of the boiled chicken, and blended it until completely smooth. It quelled my hungry cravings, making me believe that I was really physically hungry and not just wanting to eat. Yay.. that is a mental improvement.

I have to skip the bakery and deli aisles... and on the regular aisles, I know the store so well that I can avert my eyes when I get to something I am giving up completely. It is much easier for me that way.

><'

I thought this forum was great yesterday...but after reading your replies and how they handled their hunger and spoke honestly about it, I LOVE THIS FORUM! You are terrific ladies and are a true inspiration. I have my first consult to have Lap Band surgery on April 23/08 and have read alot of messages, both good and bad, but I haven't changed my mind...I intend to follow through and get the surgery and the support of all of you...is inspirational! All the best to everyone!!

Who knew that soup would be so yummy.... And when I added the drinkable yougurts I almost swooned. Nothing has ever tasted that good.

Freezing a protein shake now for lunch.

unfortunately, by the end of week 3, youwill be thinking that all liquids are sooooooo grosssssss. I can't wait til Monday when I can eat food. tomorrow is our anniversary #23 but i can't have any of the cake I bought. I am not even really wanting it, since it is sweet, but man oh man... give me a chicken breast and some broccoli I would be in heaven!!! I hope to go out for dinner on Monday night and you can be sure I will order something light but with a salty taste. hmmm even salmon steak sounds good.