Having a tough time of it lately

I was banded on Dec. 7th and find myself having a lot of problems with hunger lately, haven't gained any weight, but haven't lost any either. Having a lot of problems with eating too fast or the wrong stuff and PB-ing. Had a fill in January (only .8 cc), don't think I need a new fill, but just don't feel myself getting full. Craving things like crazy that I am not supposed to be eating. I am exercising about 5 times a week (water aerobics). I have problems with different stuff each time, I can eat something one day but not the next. Anyone else going through this? I don't seem to have a problem the beginning of the day with the hunger, it usually starts around 5 pm till midnight!!! I am so frustrated with myself. I also have problems with wanting liquids with my food....I struggle every time with this and will watch the clock until it is 30 minutes so I can have my icewater. Sometimes I cave in and have an ice cube. I haven't touched a soda or alcohol since prior to surgery and I eat breakfast every morning, but am not hungry at that time, but I make myself do it. Would love some feedback on ideas that might help.....

I was banded on Dec. 7th and find myself having a lot of problems with hunger lately, haven't gained any weight, but haven't lost any either. Having a lot of problems with eating too fast or the wrong stuff and PB-ing. Had a fill in January (only .8 cc), don't think I need a new fill, but just don't feel myself getting full. Craving things like crazy that I am not supposed to be eating. I am exercising about 5 times a week (water aerobics). I have problems with different stuff each time, I can eat something one day but not the next. Anyone else going through this? I don't seem to have a problem the beginning of the day with the hunger, it usually starts around 5 pm till midnight!!! I am so frustrated with myself. I also have problems with wanting liquids with my food....I struggle every time with this and will watch the clock until it is 30 minutes so I can have my icewater. Sometimes I cave in and have an ice cube. I haven't touched a soda or alcohol since prior to surgery and I eat breakfast every morning, but am not hungry at that time, but I make myself do it. Would love some feedback on ideas that might help.....

I hate to make this worse, but Dr. Ortiz's patients are supposed to wait an hour after after eating.

I have dry mouth from many of my medications, and I am dreading the no water with meals part. Not to be gross, but I really don't have enough saliva to keep my food moist enough to chew. I have tossed the idea around about using a straw and adding a few drips of water when I really can't swallow something dry, but I am not there til April 8th, and I would ask Dr. Miranda before doing anything like that. Frankly, at this point on the liquid diet, I would rather have a "cud" of dry food to chew on all day than more protein shake. LOL :lol:

Ask Dr. Miranda and see what she says, then let us know.

Guess what? After being banded over 3 years I sometimes have problems too. It's mostly eating too fast, not chewing enough, also talking when I eat. I know that sounds crazy but it's true. You should never drink while eating, it can cause serious, painful problems. Fully hydrate before a meal, plus stay away from too much salt, which makes you thirsty. Maybe eating smaller meals with low calorie healthy snacks throughout the day instead of 3 larger meals. It's awesome you're exercising, keep up the good work! You will do fantastic! =D> Helena in Las Vegas

Guess what? After being banded over 3 years I sometimes have problems too. It's mostly eating too fast, not chewing enough, also talking when I eat. I know that sounds crazy but it's true. You should never drink while eating, it can cause serious, painful problems. Fully hydrate before a meal, plus stay away from too much salt, which makes you thirsty. Maybe eating smaller meals with low calorie healthy snacks throughout the day instead of 3 larger meals. It's awesome you're exercising, keep up the good work! You will do fantastic! =D> Helena in Las Vegas

Helena,

Thanks for the suggestions, now I just have to put them into play. I think I really just need a pep talk right now....start slowing down and concentrate on eating instead of doing a million other things at the same time. Glad I am not the only one....I know this, but it is good to get a reminder now and then. I have heard not to drink for 30 minutes prior to eating, but I just can't do that, feel better with a lot of fluid before I eat and can concentrate on my meal and not on how much I want something to drink! I am going to try 4 smaller meals too, hopefully I can get back into the swing of things.

Thanks for the pep talk,

Donna