band expansion

Does any one know if it is true that if you eat too much or do the don'ts in your diet for the band that it will stretch or expand the opening of the band. This will mean needing fills more often. I find myself eating smoothly one meal and barely the next. When you fill that tightness does mean watch out your stretching me? Has anyone experienced this?

Sylvia :(

Guest Phyllis

Does any one know if it is true that if you eat too much or do the don'ts in your diet for the band that it will stretch or expand the opening of the band. This will mean needing fills more often. I find myself eating smoothly one meal and barely the next. When you fill that tightness does mean watch out your stretching me? Has anyone experienced this?

Sylvia :(

Sylvia... I don't know if the opening will stretch or not, but would like someone to answer if they know. I have the same experiences you do .......... my weight is at a standstill. Hopefully we'll hear from someone. Phyllis

Sylvia... I don't know if the opening will stretch or not, but would like someone to answer if they know. I have the same experiences you do .......... my weight is at a standstill. Hopefully we'll hear from someone. Phyllis

Phyllis, I hope we get an answer. I did not lose this week and getting fustrated. But then I hear if you have a lower BMI us tend to lose slower, I hope this is true. Sylvia :(

I read in Dr. Ortiz's book that band slippage can occur if you don't follow your diet and do the things you are suppose to do after lap-band placement. The band does not stretch, but your stomach can and will if you are eating too much. If you have Dr. Ortiz's book refer to Chapter 7, "Band Slippage". Per the book, bands can slip for the following reasons: liquid phase ignored, vomitting, bad eating habits/chronic vomitting. If you are able to eat more than 1/3 of what you were previously able to eat pre-band, you might just need a fill. Be sure to check with your doctor if you think your band has slipped.

I read in Dr. Ortiz's book that band slippage can occur if you don't follow your diet and do the things you are suppose to do after lap-band placement. The band does not stretch, but your stomach can and will if you are eating too much. If you have Dr. Ortiz's book refer to Chapter 7, "Band Slippage". Per the book, bands can slip for the following reasons: liquid phase ignored, vomitting, bad eating habits/chronic vomitting. If you are able to eat more than 1/3 of what you were previously able to eat pre-band, you might just need a fill. Be sure to check with your doctor if you think your band has slipped.

Hey thanks Chelley,

Where did you get the Dr. Ortiz book? I'm in the central valley of California hope I can check into this. Again thanks Sylvia :)

Sylvia - I found Dr. Ortiz's book, Lap-Band For Life, at www.amazon.com or you can order it directly from his website at www.obesitycontrolcenter.com. It has been a very valuable source of information. The book isn't written just for Dr. Ortiz's patients, but for any person who is considering the lap band. It serves as a reference for what to expect before, during and after surgery.

Sylvia - I found Dr. Ortiz's book, Lap-Band For Life, at www.amazon.com or you can order it directly from his website at www.obesitycontrolcenter.com. It has been a very valuable source of information. The book isn't written just for Dr. Ortiz's patients, but for any person who is considering the lap band. It serves as a reference for what to expect before, during and after surgery.

Slyvia, I would be great if you get the book i ordered it from his site on may 2nd and i still have not got the book. I am going in for surgery on thursday so i will keep all posted on how it goes

Thanks Chelley ;)

Slyvia, I would be great if you get the book i ordered it from his site on may 2nd and i still have not got the book. I am going in for surgery on thursday so i will keep all posted on how it goes

Hey Chrissysdolphin, I hope you get your book, don't forget to get one since you'll be there. Just remember things will be okay the day of your surgery (piece of cake) and keep us posted on your experience. Prayers! :rolleyes:

Hey Chrissysdolphin, I hope you get your book, don't forget to get one since you'll be there. Just remember things will be okay the day of your surgery (piece of cake) and keep us posted on your experience. Prayers! :rolleyes:

I asked Ms. Ortiz about buying the book while we were down there, and she said you have to purchase it over the internet. They could not keep them in stock and it was more of a hassle for their staff than it was worth. So - no, you can not purchase it down there.

Chrissy...I had the same experience when I ordered the book from his website back in March. I eventually emailed Sandy and told her that it had been nearly a month and that I hadn't received the book...she got in touch with the publisher and low and behold, I got the book a few days later. Not sure why ordering from his site is a problem, but evidently it is...

I would suggest you contact someone on his staff, like Sandy or Carolyn and ask for help.

Good Luck!

Kris