Banded on 3/24

My journey started on Sunday the 23. My husband and I caught a late flight in, we arrived in San Diego at 11:30 , we were met by a very nice gentleman, we got to the hotel at 12:30. Was met right away by a nice bellboy who took our lugage, we checked in and were taken to our room. Oh it was just beautiful (this coming from a person who goes to Motel 6, to save money on family trips). The bed was comfortable, I felt like a queen.

The next moring went down and met all of the other ladies that were to have their lap band. Mrs. Ortiz came and picked us up and took us to the clinic. We had to have some test before surgery. Nice just sitting in the lobby area and visiting with everyone, finding out how far they came from, we had a diverse gathering from different states. They were all very nice and kind.

Went in and had the breathing test and EKG the Doctor just cracked me up asked me if I could speak spanish said no so he started telling me how to say chicken and salad. I told him not fair I hadn't eaten since the early Sunday afternoon. Next we (husband and I) went in and saw Dr. Miranda she weighed me and I could not believe the weight I had lost in the last 6 months. I have been doing the 2 shakes and salad with dinner for a long time. She said I could and will suceed with that much will power. Teeth don't have much to say about that, other then it is good to have healthy teeth to chew. I did learn that. Next we had to have our IV's put in, she was so gentle didn't even feel it, but that could be do to the fact that there was a very cute Dr. talking to me. But all of them were wonderful during the test.

After the test one by one we went in to have the surgery. I was put into room 3 and given my medication while waiting 2 ladies went in and had their sugery. That nurse who attended me was so kind, she had to put these stockings on me and I could tell she was struggling, she was so sweet just smiled and was so gentle. Her smile was what settled me down. When it came my turn Dr. Ortiz came in and talked to my husband and I. He asked how much weight I wanted to loose. I just told him I wanted to get healthy and not be taking so much medication. He told me no problem that I was on my way with having the lap band.

Stayed the night, next day Mrs. Ortiz took me back to the hotel. Pretty much walked, drank, and slept. Just trying to recover. Wendsday morning woke up feeling so much better. Just felt bloated and tight in the chest area. I know that in time this will end. We just have to remember that it takes time to get adjusted to what ever we have on our person (a new ring, new fillings in the teeth, whatever.)

We had to hire a private taxi to get back across the boarder but this was our fault. I didn't have time to let anyone know that I have family in San Diego and they wanted to see us before we left. The hotel was kind enough to get us one. I know we have this all covered in our cost. But, let me tell you, this gentlemen who drove us back made it cleared to all the other drivers on the boarder that we had hired him and no one else could ride with us. Made me feel comfortable. So if your plans do change let Rene or George know right away.

I am sorry but I am bad with names I can not remember everyone, but they were all kind and very helpful. We arrived back home on Thursday the 27. I can only say the plane ride was not a vey joyous time, cramped couldn't get up to walk. All in all I had a very excellent experience, and would not change anything.

Just remember sip, sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk.

My journey started on Sunday the 23. My husband and I caught a late flight in, we arrived in San Diego at 11:30 , we were met by a very nice gentleman, we got to the hotel at 12:30. Was met right away by a nice bellboy who took our lugage, we checked in and were taken to our room. Oh it was just beautiful (this coming from a person who goes to Motel 6, to save money on family trips). The bed was comfortable, I felt like a queen.

The next moring went down and met all of the other ladies that were to have their lap band. Mrs. Ortiz came and picked us up and took us to the clinic. We had to have some test before surgery. Nice just sitting in the lobby area and visiting with everyone, finding out how far they came from, we had a diverse gathering from different states. They were all very nice and kind.

Went in and had the breathing test and EKG the Doctor just cracked me up asked me if I could speak spanish said no so he started telling me how to say chicken and salad. I told him not fair I hadn't eaten since the early Sunday afternoon. Next we (husband and I) went in and saw Dr. Miranda she weighed me and I could not believe the weight I had lost in the last 6 months. I have been doing the 2 shakes and salad with dinner for a long time. She said I could and will suceed with that much will power. Teeth don't have much to say about that, other then it is good to have healthy teeth to chew. I did learn that. Next we had to have our IV's put in, she was so gentle didn't even feel it, but that could be do to the fact that there was a very cute Dr. talking to me. But all of them were wonderful during the test.

After the test one by one we went in to have the surgery. I was put into room 3 and given my medication while waiting 2 ladies went in and had their sugery. That nurse who attended me was so kind, she had to put these stockings on me and I could tell she was struggling, she was so sweet just smiled and was so gentle. Her smile was what settled me down. When it came my turn Dr. Ortiz came in and talked to my husband and I. He asked how much weight I wanted to loose. I just told him I wanted to get healthy and not be taking so much medication. He told me no problem that I was on my way with having the lap band.

Stayed the night, next day Mrs. Ortiz took me back to the hotel. Pretty much walked, drank, and slept. Just trying to recover. Wendsday morning woke up feeling so much better. Just felt bloated and tight in the chest area. I know that in time this will end. We just have to remember that it takes time to get adjusted to what ever we have on our person (a new ring, new fillings in the teeth, whatever.)

We had to hire a private taxi to get back across the boarder but this was our fault. I didn't have time to let anyone know that I have family in San Diego and they wanted to see us before we left. The hotel was kind enough to get us one. I know we have this all covered in our cost. But, let me tell you, this gentlemen who drove us back made it cleared to all the other drivers on the boarder that we had hired him and no one else could ride with us. Made me feel comfortable. So if your plans do change let Rene or George know right away.

I am sorry but I am bad with names I can not remember everyone, but they were all kind and very helpful. We arrived back home on Thursday the 27. I can only say the plane ride was not a vey joyous time, cramped couldn't get up to walk. All in all I had a very excellent experience, and would not change anything.

I am sooooo happy you had such a great experience. Keep us updated!

Paula

Hi bobbi.. I'm glad you and your hubby made it home safe and sound. Glad you're feeling "OK" sip walk sip walk sip walk.... that's a good motto.

Mindy

(wearing black pants/black& white sleeveless shirt was with my mom) banded same day :)

I remember you. And yes that is my motto. Am glad you are doing well.

Yeah, you posted!!!! Good for you!

I'm, gald you finally got to go see your family. I have a bunch of family that is coming over today so I can show them the pictures and reveal the truth of where I went and why. I hope they don't get too mad at me for lying. Especially my mom. Wish me luck!!

Ramona

Yeah, you posted!!!! Good for you!

I'm, gald you finally got to go see your family. I have a bunch of family that is coming over today so I can show them the pictures and reveal the truth of where I went and why. I hope they don't get too mad at me for lying. Especially my mom. Wish me luck!!

Ramona

To Ramona,

Just wondering why you didn't tell anyone what you were doing? I have discussed my upcoming Lap Band surgery with a few girls at work, but haven't told anyone in my family (besides my husband) either. I see my Mom only about 2-3 times per year, so I was hoping to keep it a surprise and when she's sees me for our visit after my surgery, I will have lost weight and after about a year or so, a different person. I don't like keeping secrets, especially from my Mom, but I am not sure she would approve of such a drastic measure...how did you handle it?

Thanks Cathy

To Ramona,

Just wondering why you didn't tell anyone what you were doing? I have discussed my upcoming Lap Band surgery with a few girls at work, but haven't told anyone in my family (besides my husband) either. I see my Mom only about 2-3 times per year, so I was hoping to keep it a surprise and when she's sees me for our visit after my surgery, I will have lost weight and after about a year or so, a different person. I don't like keeping secrets, especially from my Mom, but I am not sure she would approve of such a drastic measure...how did you handle it?

Thanks Cathy

\Well, when I told my family what I was doing, they had a fit! Not because of the surgery, but because it was in Mexico. My mom was freaking out because according to her, the Mexicans don't wash their hands. According to my brother, you have to take someone with you because they do not dispense drugs from the hospital, you have have your husband go down a back alley to purchase you medication for you and bring it back to you at the hospital. Ridiculous, huh? But, no amount of convincing would settle them down so I told them I changed my mind and wasn't going to do it. Then, I went anyway, videotaped it all and told my mom after I got back. After she saw the pics and videos and my husband told her all about it, she was fine. For me, too many people freaked out about the Mexico part so I decided it was better to keep quiet until it was over.