Post Op Weight Loss

I was 275 when weighed in at the clinic 3/24 when I got home 3/26 I was 280lbs! LOL I figure it was fluids from the IV and just gas and/or my body hanging on since I hadn't eat in 4 days. I weighed myself this morning and I was 271 so down 4lbs since surgery. I was told by Dr. Miranda and truly believe that the first 6 weeks b/4 your first fill is about healing and getting

"use" to the band... weight loss is an added bonus. I don't know if this helps or not?? I know it can be frustrating. It will happen, don't worry.

I was 204 the day before surgery - and the day after, when I went for a walk, I snuck back on the scale and it said I was 214 (damned water weight)!! And I was wearing a hospital gown instead of the jeans and tennis shoes from before. LOL!

Today, I weighed in at 198 (10 days after surgery) - so I've lost 6 lbs in that time.

Just posted my 1 month progress (and pictures) and I am down 17lbs since my surgery... I have been walking so that probably has helped me lose more that the typical post-op patient, but I have just been feeling so energetic since losing the weight I have to burn off the energy somehow! don't be discouraged and don't try to compare yourself to anyone, All that matters is you get to your goal no matter if it takes 6 months or 2years, your body will release the weight at it's own pace that is perfect for YOU...

The time between surgery and your first fill is a time of healing. Remember, you're on what would otherwise be considered a crash diet and we all know how well those work. Many people will actually gain weight during this period and that's perfectly normal and to be expected. Ignore what the scale says for now and just work on getting better. Once you've had your first fill you can start watching your scale again. Good luck.