Diet Soda..Can you have after Lap Band?

Dr. Miranda told me nothing carbonated for 6 months. I know I was bummed. I love to have an occasional ice cold beer. I only have 4 months to go!!! From what I understand, the carbonation bubbles could cause the band to slip or something like that. I'm not going to risk it. But I'm almost sure that's what she said.

Dr. Miranda told me nothing carbonated for 6 months. I know I was bummed. I love to have an occasional ice cold beer. I only have 4 months to go!!! From what I understand, the carbonation bubbles could cause the band to slip or something like that. I'm not going to risk it. But I'm almost sure that's what she said.

Thanks Ella, I would double check with my surgeon when I have my consult on April 23/08.

I gave up diet coke a few months ago, and am now on a tea kick, green, white, black. You can get creative, and I use Stevia to sweeten its a natural leaf that has no sugar in it! and NO chemicals. I really don't miss it all that much!!! Good luck!

Donna

I love my diet coke....I understand I may have to give it up...will I ever be able to have a soda again?

I DRANK A TON OF PEPSI BEFORE SURGERY THEN QUIT FOR A YEAR. I NOW HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH SODA OR BEER BUT I LIMIT MYSELF ON THE SODA TO MAYBE ONE A WEEK IF I FEEL LIKE IT. I JUST NEVER WANT TO GET THAT HOOKED ON THE STUFF AGAIN.

Here's a great article from Yahoo about Diet Soda...

Skip the Diet Soda By Lucy Danziger, SELF Editor-in-Chief Provided by: SELF.com

Get ready to ditch your soda habit. I’m kicking Diet Coke — it takes time, and I’m down to five a week from a high of 12, but it’s worth it.

Here’s why: Recent research has shown that artificial sweeteners in soda may interfere with your body’s ability to estimate how many calories you’ve ingested, so you eat more than you need.

In a new rat study, animals that ate fake sugar consumed more calories overall and gained weight, compared to those that didn’t eat artificially sweetened treats.

This is just one study, but it’s enough to make me want to kick the can habit. Need more convincing? For every diet soda you sip daily, your risk of becoming overweight can rise by 37 percent, according to researchers at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.

We also know that regular soda is a total sugar bomb — most people I know gave it up long ago. At roughly 225 calories a pop, a 20-ounce bottle of regular soda packs nearly as many calories as a chocolate bar (but is much less satisfying).

Typically, soda also contains zero nutrients — so who needs it? Still have some soda around? Fine, stow it for guests who haven’t decided to quit. Next time you want a fizz hit, try seltzer with lime (or for a caffeine fix, green tea). What are your favorite low-cal soda substitutes?

I gave up diet coke a few months ago, and am now on a tea kick, green, white, black. You can get creative, and I use Stevia to sweeten its a natural leaf that has no sugar in it! and NO chemicals. I really don't miss it all that much!!! Good luck!

Donna

I'm loving the green tea too! I especially like Lipton's Diet Citrus Green Tea...Yummy! Kate