Learned a lesson this weekend...

So, DH had a business thing yesterday in Portland (large town 2 hrs away). So the kids and I tagged along (kids on spring break 5,4,2). The hotel we stayed at had a contential breakfast. Friday, I had really runny oatmeal for breakfast...was fine. Took some goodies for the kids for snack later, including fruit filled danishes.

Well snack time came, kids were eating and I was so flippin hungry I stuck my finger in the jam and swallowed. HOLY HELL!!! About 5 minutes later my chest was tight, I was sweating and I thought I was dying! It took about 15 minutes to go away.

This morning, went in for breakfast. Had the oatmeal again. Also grabbed a yougurt. Kids were acting up so I was not concentrating on how much I was eating. BAD BAD BAD!!!! About 10 minutes later it started up again....this time it escalated into the slimy mouth and dry heaves. Took about an hour to get over and then I have been tight the rest of the day.

I was so freaked out and crying, it hurt like a mother and now I am afraid to ever eat again!!!

That is bad. This soon out from your surgery you could do some real damage by pbing and heaving. Go back to thin liquids for a few days and then watch what goes into your mouth like a hawk. If you still have problems with the thin liquids it is time for a call to Dr Ortiz.

Please, please, please just drink liquids. You are still in the healing phase. You probably caused some swelling. I know the liquids really suck but think of everything you've already gone through. Good luck and stay strong!!!!! =D> Helena

So, DH had a business thing yesterday in Portland (large town 2 hrs away). So the kids and I tagged along (kids on spring break 5,4,2). The hotel we stayed at had a contential breakfast. Friday, I had really runny oatmeal for breakfast...was fine. Took some goodies for the kids for snack later, including fruit filled danishes.

Well snack time came, kids were eating and I was so flippin hungry I stuck my finger in the jam and swallowed. HOLY HELL!!! About 5 minutes later my chest was tight, I was sweating and I thought I was dying! It took about 15 minutes to go away.

This morning, went in for breakfast. Had the oatmeal again. Also grabbed a yougurt. Kids were acting up so I was not concentrating on how much I was eating. BAD BAD BAD!!!! About 10 minutes later it started up again....this time it escalated into the slimy mouth and dry heaves. Took about an hour to get over and then I have been tight the rest of the day.

I was so freaked out and crying, it hurt like a mother and now I am afraid to ever eat again!!!

Uh oh! I had the dry heaves 2 days after surgery and they RUSHED me back to the OC for a fluroscopy to check the band. They consider that an emergency. I think you should call them ASAP. You band could have slipped. Plus, you are probably all swollen inside now.

I don't mean to be harsh honey, really I don't, but you are supposed to stay on liquid for 3 weeks for a reason! (Shaking my finger at you).

That being said, please call the Center and go back on liquids. They had me on IV with anti-nausau, anti-inflamatory and nexium. THey may want you to get some meds in you too.

I hope you feel better soon!!! Please keep us posted.

Uh oh! I had the dry heaves 2 days after surgery and they RUSHED me back to the OC for a fluroscopy to check the band. They consider that an emergency. I think you should call them ASAP. You band could have slipped. Plus, you are probably all swollen inside now.

I don't mean to be harsh honey, really I don't, but you are supposed to stay on liquid for 3 weeks for a reason! (Shaking my finger at you).

That being said, please call the Center and go back on liquids. They had me on IV with anti-nausau, anti-inflamatory and nexium. THey may want you to get some meds in you too.

I hope you feel better soon!!! Please keep us posted.

Since everyone else is already in mommy mode I probably don't need to say this , but OATMEAL IS NOT A LIQUID!!!

In my defense.

Technically th eoatmeal could of been a liquid. It was so runny & soupy and then I added milk to help it slide down easier. It wasn't thick at all. Although I did not have the bullet with me to blend.

Yougurt, we are allowed to have.

Amanda