Seriously...can someone PLEASE pull this knife out of my shoulder!!!

I was banded on 3/26 and think I have done relatively well with all aspects of recovery/healing/nasty post-op diet.....HOWEVER about 4 days post-op I unfortunately got the dreaded shoulder gas pain. If I drink even one sip of ANYTHING I immediately get the sharp knife in the left shoulder. I walk and it gets worse, I breathe and it gets worse. The one and ONLY thing I can do to get rid of it is to lay flat down for 10 min or so....kind of hard when you are at work.

Gas-X strips do nothing...any suggestions?

UGH,

Nikki

I was dependent upon painkillers for the first week when this happened. It wasn't so bad if I raised my arm above my head, but as soon as I lowered it, there it was again.

Now the only time I get the shoulder pain is if I eat/drink too fast or too much.

I was banded on 3/26 and think I have done relatively well with all aspects of recovery/healing/nasty post-op diet.....HOWEVER about 4 days post-op I unfortunately got the dreaded shoulder gas pain. If I drink even one sip of ANYTHING I immediately get the sharp knife in the left shoulder. I walk and it gets worse, I breathe and it gets worse. The one and ONLY thing I can do to get rid of it is to lay flat down for 10 min or so....kind of hard when you are at work.

UGH,

Nikki

WALK, WALK, and walk. That really helps get rid of that gas hiding in your joints. It will go away.

UGH,

Nikki

Hi, Nikki,

My sister had the same problem...she said that laying down on her stomach with a hot pad helped a lot. She also said that

walking was very helpful. She had to use pain meds for about the first 8-10 days with this problem. Hope you feel better soon,

hang in there....

I was banded the 28th and have the same pain in my left shoulder all the time. It really, really hurts! Nothing seems to help at all.

That is what I have heard....walk.....but when I walk it gets exponentially worse! I MADE myself walk and walk and I about passed out from the pain. It seems if I lay flat and slow down my breathing and heartrate it goes away after a while....I am day 7 after surgery....I hope this goes away soon!