Starving/Having a nicotine fit! April 8 band date...

Hi all,

OK, so my band date is April 8 (WOOHOOO!)..... I just started the pre-op diet --trying to survive on 3 protein shakes a day is a cruel joke...hehe :(( .

To top it off, I quit smoking cold turkey.

Today is day 3... no food, no cigs......I don't think I will make it!!

It is touch and go right now... :blink:

Trying to stay focused... wait, why am I doing this again?

Help!!!

Lynn

P.S. Is anyone else getting banded on April 8th?? I am making the journey by myself and could use a friend that has a secret stash of food and cigarettes for me....hehe.

Hi all,

OK, so my band date is April 8 (WOOHOOO!)..... I just started the pre-op diet --trying to survive on 3 protein shakes a day is a cruel joke...hehe :(( .

To top it off, I quit smoking cold turkey.

Today is day 3... no food, no cigs......I don't think I will make it!!

It is touch and go right now... :blink:

Trying to stay focused... wait, why am I doing this again?

Help!!!

Lynn

P.S. Is anyone else getting banded on April 8th?? I am making the journey by myself and could use a friend that has a secret stash of food and cigarettes for me....hehe.

Hello Lynn,

I know it's hard, but you'll do fine!! ><' I kept reminding myself that I'd be able to eat again and I needed to stay focused. I reminded myself that this is really a SHORT amount of time compared to all the years I spent fat, discusted and pretty much in hiding. I've never smoked, but I do consider myself addicted to food, so I can understand. Try to keep yourself busy.... you have less than a week!!! :P Best wishes, Darlene

Hello!! If you have been been quit smking for 3 days then you are doing awesome!! They say your body doesn't crave nicotine after 48 hours so I think you can do this!

Good luck with your surgery! It is a breeze! I am on my first week post-op and it definetly is a life changer. I am in shock from the post-op liquid diet now. Ugh! We will survive..and be skinny in the process! ><'

Hi Lynn,

I know how you feel, doing the pre op diet and not smoking rrrhhhhh

Well, I could not do the turkey, but I cut down to about 5-6 a day after smoking at least a pack and try to quit completely for the surgery (April 28)

Hey already 3 days without, I think that is absolutely great ! Be strong, you will make it!

I wish you good luck :D