to Fluoroscopy or not to Fluoroscopy

I'm torn between returning to TJ for a fill or to find a doctor locally. There is a fill Dr. Locally who has been recommended by 2 other bandsters she charges $190 and does not use Fluoroscopy.

I called my local hospital, OHSU, who "specialize" in obesity surgery and they told me I would have to submit and application & referral and they would have to review this information to see if they would 'accept" me as a patient since I was banded in Mexico. I just hung up the phone.

There is another well know Bariatric Place a little over an hour from me that charges $375 for each fill and uses Fluoroscopy.. oh and they have no problems with patients from mexico.

I could probably do Mexico in a day but I would feel more comfortable spending the night/ having 24hrs from the fill in case there needs to be an unfill or something isn't feeling right. I don't mind taking the trolly/bus / taxi to get to Lucerna ... I just can't decide what to do?

Can I get some feedback from my experienced bandsters who had fills with and without fluoroscopy ?? Or just some opinions/facts in general.

money is and issue but then again isn't an issue... I would fly out on an early am flight and get to the clinic on monday for the fill and then get a late evening flight home on tuesday... of course these specific flights are about $250 r/t.. and while I have no prob w/ public transportation.. time is of the essence and it would be nice to be picked up , taken directly to the clinic then to the hotel then back to airport next day.. know what I mean.

I"m wanting to go around the 2nd week in may... if anyone else is going this time and wants to share a room with a stranger.. hahahah :)

Hi Mindy!!

I too am going to OCC for my first fill. I have yet to schedule a date but DH & I will be going to Oceanside for a week starting the 16th. I am hoping to do it then. I am trying to talk him into letting me go the week before but don't know if he'll go for it (plane ticket expense!!) If I do go the week earlier I would definately share a room with you since we did experience the "paper Panties" together!! Hope to hear from you soon.

Amber

If it were me I would be tempted to go to the place an hour from your house...for $375 under floro. I'm in the same boat...I live in PA and to travel to MX for each fill is more than I can take. I'm limited in my options and have yet to find a place that will take MX patients and that do fills under floro! One place said they will do the fill then send you down the street to the hospital to have the floro...makes no sense!

SJ

Pammie

Have you used Fluoroscopy each time?? They only do fills on Friday though... ugh..

Mindy

THE ONLY TIME I'VE USED FLUOROSCOPY IS WHEN I'VE RETURNED TO THE OCC, TWICE MAYBE 3 TIMES?

CALL THE GALS IN ARLINGTON, I KNOW THEY ATTEND WEIGHT LOSE MEETINGS IN THE PORT ORCHARD AREA AND DO FILLS THERE ALSO. MY SISSY HAD A CONFLICT ON FRIDAYS AND THEY WORKED IT OUT FOR HER

I'm torn between returning to TJ for a fill or to find a doctor locally. There is a fill Dr. Locally who has been recommended by 2 other bandsters she charges $190 and does not use Fluoroscopy.

I called my local hospital, OHSU, who "specialize" in obesity surgery and they told me I would have to submit and application & referral and they would have to review this information to see if they would 'accept" me as a patient since I was banded in Mexico. I just hung up the phone.

There is another well know Bariatric Place a little over an hour from me that charges $375 for each fill and uses Fluoroscopy.. oh and they have no problems with patients from mexico.

I could probably do Mexico in a day but I would feel more comfortable spending the night/ having 24hrs from the fill in case there needs to be an unfill or something isn't feeling right. I don't mind taking the trolly/bus / taxi to get to Lucerna ... I just can't decide what to do?

Can I get some feedback from my experienced bandsters who had fills with and without fluoroscopy ?? Or just some opinions/facts in general.

money is and issue but then again isn't an issue... I would fly out on an early am flight and get to the clinic on monday for the fill and then get a late evening flight home on tuesday... of course these specific flights are about $250 r/t.. and while I have no prob w/ public transportation.. time is of the essence and it would be nice to be picked up , taken directly to the clinic then to the hotel then back to airport next day.. know what I mean.

I"m wanting to go around the 2nd week in may... if anyone else is going this time and wants to share a room with a stranger.. hahahah :)

Mindy,

Please let me know who else in PDX does this..I've started checking air fares for June, and it's up to $300+..

How are you feeling??

Audrey