I too talked to Dr. Martinez about my vomitting yesterday. He is so nice isn't he?

He told me it was the right thing to do to go back on clear liquids until the weekend and try creamy soup again, but make sure it is watery. After the first dry heave I had, I put myself back in a inflamed state. He said since I felt better the day after vomitting instead of worse or the same, I should be ok. If the band slipped or there was trouble, I wouldn't feel better the next day, I would continue to feel worse and worse until I couldn't drink at all. He said vomitting creates a vicious cycle. It only take one upchuck to create a string of vomitting bcause of swelling. He also suugested that when I do get my first meal 3 weeks post op, to make sure it is light, like watery oatmeal and flaky fish instead of meat that is hard to chew. He reminded to get on a protein drink right away since I am almost 2 weeks post op and need it. He also said if it happens again, they will need to see me to do a fluoroscopy before they do a fill. I guess my stomach is just sensitive and I have to go slower than most. He also reminded me that I have his cell number and that I could and should call 24/7 if any other problems at all. He is just so darn nice and caring. I love that man!!! He sure made me feel better.

So sorry you are still having problems Kimmy but honestly, I am glad I am not the only one. I was afraid I was rejecting my band or something. I guess we are just ultra sensitive gals!

He told me it was the right thing to do to go back on clear liquids until the weekend and try creamy soup again, but make sure it is watery. After the first dry heave I had, I put myself back in a inflamed state. He said since I felt better the day after vomitting instead of worse or the same, I should be ok. If the band slipped or there was trouble, I wouldn't feel better the next day, I would continue to feel worse and worse until I couldn't drink at all. He said vomitting creates a vicious cycle. It only take one upchuck to create a string of vomitting bcause of swelling. He also suugested that when I do get my first meal 3 weeks post op, to make sure it is light, like watery oatmeal and flaky fish instead of meat that is hard to chew. He reminded to get on a protein drink right away since I am almost 2 weeks post op and need it. He also said if it happens again, they will need to see me to do a fluoroscopy before they do a fill. I guess my stomach is just sensitive and I have to go slower than most. He also reminded me that I have his cell number and that I could and should call 24/7 if any other problems at all. He is just so darn nice and caring. I love that man!!! He sure made me feel better.

So sorry you are still having problems Kimmy but honestly, I am glad I am not the only one. I was afraid I was rejecting my band or something. I guess we are just ultra sensitive gals!

wow

So sorry you are still having these problems. Just do as they ask. I hope you are better soon.

Hi Bobbi, how are you doing?

I think I am better. I tried some creamy soup last night, but I added more water. It was still pretty thick but it went down fine. Not sure what all the stomach problems are, but I think I am ok now. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this before, but I am starting to wonder if nerves are playing a part in it. See, my sister in law had to have her leg amputated (yesterday) and we were scared she wouldn't survive the surgery (she has a very bad heart). Well, she did great, and it's over and she is doing very well. So, I am starting to think maybe I was more nervous about it than I thought and maybe it affected my stomach. She's been in the hospital since 2/19 so we were even worried when we were in Mexico because we weren't with her. I am not usually a thrower upper but maybe with the band, things are different.

It sucks, doesn't it? I did a little better yesterday. I just feel horrible because out of the four of us that went to have it done I am the only one having problems. They are blending up all kinds of stuff and drinking it with no problem and here I am struggling to get a protein shake down. #-o

I am glad we have each other for support. ><'

It sucks, doesn't it? I did a little better yesterday. I just feel horrible because out of the four of us that went to have it done I am the only one having problems. They are blending up all kinds of stuff and drinking it with no problem and here I am struggling to get a protein shake down. #-o

I am glad we have each other for support. ><'

[/quo

Yes, I wondered why I was the only one too. Dr. Martinez says it is rare to happen. I just hope I have had my last incident because I sure don't want to go through that god awful pain anymore. He wanted me to wait to schedule my first fill too because he stated that I might be one of the small percent of people who never need a fill. Even though he told me to wait until I start eating, I did already schedule it for May 26th because I can't wait until the last minute or I'll pay a fortune for plane tickets. That takes me to 8 weeks post op so I am sure I will be just fine and eating like a horse again by then. If I end up not needing a fill, well then I had me another nice vacation. Thats all.

By the way, I actually had some ice cream today. Very little. And it went down just fine. I also had some mushroom soup that was thick and it went down fine too. So, I am thinking my swelling is finally gone down.

Oh well, we'll eventually be ok!

Take care and be well!!

Glad you two girls are on the road to recovery, I too had a horrible spell the morning we left TJ I drank 12oz of starbucks tea and those were the worst 5 hours of my life... Can't imagine it lasting for days!!

Big Hugs ><' from all of your bandster sisters!

He told me the same thing about not needing a fill. :rolleyes:

I think I am officially better! I have been two days without throwing up and I have even had creamy soup twice today. It sure gives a girl some energy to eat some soup! LOL

We are gonna be just fine and soon we are gonna be REALLY FINE! Hahaha!