Lap Band Cookbook

:-h Greetings Everyone,

Banded March 20th, I am now in the last week of my liquid (ugh) diet. I finally ordered the book by Dr Ortiz from Amazon and also ordered

"Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery", I only wish I had this cookbook from the beginning. It has great recipes and details the weeks that you are able to eat them. Many of the recipes can be pureed, etc. I think it is a real find and a very valuable asset on our weight loss journey.

I highly recommend this cookbook. It is by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray.

Happy eating everyone!!!

><'

Banded March 20th, I am now in the last week of my liquid (ugh) diet. I finally ordered the book by Dr Ortiz from Amazon and also ordered

"Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery", I only wish I had this cookbook from the beginning. It has great recipes and details the weeks that you are able to eat them. Many of the recipes can be pureed, etc. I think it is a real find and a very valuable asset on our weight loss journey.

I highly recommend this cookbook. It is by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray.

Happy eating everyone!!!

><'

Thanks!! What a great idea! I'll have to look into it.

Happy eating everyone!!!

><'

Ordered it yesterday...wow great minds really do think alike!! LOL!!

Have a great weekend everyone! Cathy (Kittycat)

I ordered Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein Recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery

51DR3C8KDTL._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

as well as: Recipes for Life After Weight-Loss Surgery: Delicious Dishes for Nourishing the New You (Healthy Living Cookbooks)

51lP+43qIAL._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

I found the 2nd book to be 100 times better than the first, not only because it gives you band friendly calorie counts (meaning it will tell you how many calories in 1/4 a cup of soup instead of how many calories in the entire pot of soup like the first book gives) but also because I didn't find much of anything to my liking as far as the recipes in Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery and it's not because I don't like some of the more exotic dishes ( I feel I have pretty sophisticated tastes, living in Las Vegas where every celebrity chef has a signature restaurant helps)

So for me when choosing between the two the cover pictures say it all are you a scallops kind of girl or a french toast kind of girl (by the way the french toast on the cover has less calories than the scallops dish, lol). I