To those of you banded in the last month..

I started protein shakes last night and kept it down. Thank God!

My question is..How much of one can you drink? I mixed mine with 8 ozs of fat free milk and I only think I drank about 3-4oz and I was really full. Is that pretty normal?

from what i understand, its different for everyone. I was concerned that I was drinking too much on my post-op diet and emailed dr. miranda. She said just drink slow and do not force yourself. You may still be swollen and have restriction still. Just make sure that you are drinking it a lot throughout the day- its hard enough to get calories from just liquids so you constantly have to be drinking something!

I started protein shakes last night and kept it down. Thank God!

My question is..How much of one can you drink? I mixed mine with 8 ozs of fat free milk and I only think I drank about 3-4oz and I was really full. Is that pretty normal?

Firstly - I am so glad you are filling better.

And - Yes that is normal. My first two weeks I got really, really full after drinking or eating (like jello). I am now 3 weeks post op and I can tell my swelling has gone down. I get hungry faster and do not get as full as quickly. I am still loosing weight but very slowly. Like 1.5lb. a week (which I know is still good) but I lost 8lbs in the first week. But I am scheduled for my first fill on May 3rd so I can't wait!!!