I wa banded yesterday (4/4)

NOTE: This was edited after the pain medication wore off. I read this after I got home and realized that I type like poopoo while on drugs :)

MY BANDING EXPERIENCE: Using the computer at the OCC nurse's station. It's the day after surgry 7:13 a.m. and everyone is sleeping. Everyone except me. I waddled to the restroom and then came back and got dressed. Had my surgery yesterday about 2:00 p.m. I believe I was te 4th surgery. I have not had any pains of any type so far so I am crossing my fingers.

Everything went just as I expected from reading the forum. Great experience.

Have met some of the funniest, coolest and nicest people here. We laugh so much. Out of the 8 who had surgeries, I believe everyone is good. We had everyone walking last night around and around again.

The doctors and nursing staff are great. Yes Dr. Ortiz is handsome, smooth and a little funny. But I had something funnier to say to him. My ankles are skinny so when he came in, I told him I came for the body to made my ankles:)

Dr. Martinez is handsome as well!

I remember going into the operating room, and asking for my favorite nurse Josefa, and was looking around the room for her and then I remember waking up looking at my husband's handsome yet concerned face. It was all over!!!!!! Works for me.

Today we get to go back to the hotel and most of us are going to go shopping. We'll drink broth and shop.

Our first night in Tijuana, several of us went to an authentic mexican seafood restaurant. The food was great but the atmosphere better. I have not had any reason to be scared of anything or anyone yet. Just looks like a big City to me, lots and lots of houses and stores. IThe palm trees remind of Florida.

DAY1

Airport to clinic

Meet with Nutritionist, Dr. Miranda who is a cutie

Get blood drawn

Get taken to hotel.

Out to Dinner

Day 2

Hotel to clinic

Meet with cardiologist (had to blow out for 6 seconds so blow HARD and LONG)

Met with dentist (just looks and tells you you're good candidate)

Get called back to your room.

You put on your gown and a paper thong

Nurse came and put on those long stretchy hose. Not so bad.

They give you two pills under your tongue.

I took a small breathing treatment

They hooked up IV and gave me three things in it. Pain, Nexium, etc.

One small shot in belly, didn't hurt

Then was given a cap for my hair and put in a wheelchair.

Rolled back to O.R. where I got out of the chair and crawled up on the table.

Met the anthesiologist and Sophia another kind nurse. I told her that her name was SSSSSexy, and repeated SSOOOPHHHIIIA sex-like ten times. I bet she got tired of it and that's why they put me to sleep.

As I said next thing I know I woke up with my husband looking at me. I played a joke on him when he asked me if I knew who he was. I told him - yes you're my first husband. I thought he deserved that because he had been telling all of the girls his lame jokes!

Dr. Ortiz came by and told us that I had two hernia(s) and he had only seen one like the second one just one other time in 5000 surgeries. Didn't know I had one henria let alone two! Thank you Dr. Ortiz.

Everyone is still sleeping :) But I'm anxious to go back to the hotel, and then do some walking. I want to beat the gas pains before they get a chance to arrive.

NO KIDDING, they are all wonderful. The Doctors sing. The nurses sing. The nurses hug and kiss you. I want to take Josefa home with me.

My experience so far has been awesome. I'm returning for my fill in 6 to 8 weeks. And hopefully some of the friends I've met on this trip will return with me. They are great people.

Going to walk a bit.

Dawnie!

You're so funny! Thanks for the post! And here you are morning after surgery! Godspeed to a quick recovery!!! You take care and have fun shopping! My group fill is coming up in a couple of weeks and I can't wait!!!! It's great isn't it to have such a caring and very competent facility to care for you and ease your mind before and after surgery!

Blessings,

Hanna ><' ><'

Great experience! You're too funny! I hope you have fun shopping today, we did! Keep us posted on your recovery.

Using the computer at the OCC nurse's station. It's the day after surgry 7:13 a.m. and everyone is sleeping. Everyone except me. I waddled to the restroom and then came back and got dressed. Had my surgery yesterday about 2:00 p.m. I believe I was te 4th surgery. I have not had any pains of any type so far so I am crossing my fingers.

Have met some of the funnest, coolest and nicest people here. We laugh so much. Out of the 8 who had surgeries, I believe everyone is good. We had everyone walking last night around and aroud again.

The doctors and nursing staff are great. Yes Dr. Ortiz is handsome and smooth and a little funny. But I had something funnier to say to him. My ankles are skinny so when he came in, I told him I came for the body to made my ankles:)

I remember going into the sugery room, and asking for my favorite nurse Josefa, and was looking around the room for her and then I remember wake up looking at my husband's handsome yet concerned face. It was all over!!!!!! Works for me.

Today we get to go back to the hotel and most of us are going to go shopping. We'll drink broth and shop.

Our first night in, several of us went to an authentic mexican seafood restaurant. The food was great but the atmosphere better. I hav not had reason to be scared of anything or anyone yet. Just looks like a big City to me, lots and lots of houses and stores. I think the palm trees remind of Florida.

DAY1

Airport to clinic

Get blood drawn

Get taken to hotel.

Out to Dinner

Day 2

Hotel to clinic

I took a small breating treatment

They hooked up IV and gave you three things in it. Pain, Nexium, etc.

Met the anthesiologist and Sophia another kind nurse. I told her that her name was SSSSSexy, and repeated SSOOOPHHHIIIA sex-like ten times. I bet she got tired of it and that's why they put me to sleep.

As I said next thing I know I woke up with my husband looking at me. I played a joke on him when he asked me if I knew who he was. I told him - yes you're my first husband. I thought he deserved that because he had been telling all of the girls his lame jokes!

Dr. Ortiz came by and told us that I had a two hernia(s) and he had only seen one like the second one just one other time in 5000 surgeries. Didn't know I had one henria let alone two! Thank you Dr. Ortiz.

Everyone is still sleeping :) But I'm anxious to go back to the hotel, and then do some walking. I want to beat the gas pains before they get a chance to arrive.

NO KIDDING, they are all wonderful. The Doctors sing. The nurses sing. The nurses hug and kiss you. I want to take Josefa home with me.

My experience so far has been awesome. I'm returning for my fill in 6 to 8 weeks. And hopefully some of the friends I've met on this trip will return with me. They are great people.

Going to walk a bit.

Good for you!! Glad you are up and about and doing well. It IS a great expereince isn't it? I just loved my time there.

Her name is Carmilla or Carmaletia

I forgot to ask, do you happen to rememebr the name of the nurse who did your stockings?

I thought you were going to tell us that you said his name was SOOPHHHHIIIAAAAA.

Sounds like you did great!

Using the computer at the OCC nurse's station. It's the day after surgry 7:13 a.m. and everyone is sleeping. Everyone except me. I waddled to the restroom and then came back and got dressed. Had my surgery yesterday about 2:00 p.m. I believe I was te 4th surgery. I have not had any pains of any type so far so I am crossing my fingers.

Have met some of the funnest, coolest and nicest people here. We laugh so much. Out of the 8 who had surgeries, I believe everyone is good. We had everyone walking last night around and aroud again.

The doctors and nursing staff are great. Yes Dr. Ortiz is handsome and smooth and a little funny. But I had something funnier to say to him. My ankles are skinny so when he came in, I told him I came for the body to made my ankles:)

I remember going into the sugery room, and asking for my favorite nurse Josefa, and was looking around the room for her and then I remember wake up looking at my husband's handsome yet concerned face. It was all over!!!!!! Works for me.

Our first night in, several of us went to an authentic mexican seafood restaurant. The food was great but the atmosphere better. I hav not had reason to be scared of anything or anyone yet. Just looks like a big City to me, lots and lots of houses and stores. I think the palm trees remind of Florida.

DAY1

Airport to clinic

Get blood drawn

Get taken to hotel.

Out to Dinner

Day 2

Hotel to clinic

I took a small breating treatment

They hooked up IV and gave you three things in it. Pain, Nexium, etc.

Dr. Ortiz came by and told us that I had a two hernia(s) and he had only seen one like the second one just one other time in 5000 surgeries. Didn't know I had one henria let alone two! Thank you Dr. Ortiz.

NO KIDDING, My experience so far has been awesome. I'm returning for my fill in 6 to 8 weeks. And hopefully some of the friends I've met on this trip will return with me. They are great people.

Going to walk a bit.

Wow, good for you, it sounds like you kept your sense of humour before, during and after. Glad you are doing so well, keep us up to date as time goes by...enjoy your shopping trip...buy some cute clothes 2 sizes too small...by summer you'll be in them this time!

Enjoy, Cathy