Hi I'm new here...Band date 4/11/08 Dr.Gary Bunch

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here. I am scheduled for surgery this Friday 4/11/08. I am so excited! A little about me, I am a 36yr old single mom. My daughter is 8 & my son is 14.

My surgery will be at Blake Memorial hospital in Bradenton, FL. My Dr is Dr. Gary Bunch and his partner Dr. Erbella.

I have been researching since last June and filed for ins approval for the first time in Dec. My insurance process was a huge fight, 1st application 12/07,denied 1/4,1st appeal 1/8,denied 1/11, 2nd appeal approved verbally 1/21 just to be rescinded 2/7, 3rd appeal 2/7,approved in writing 2/22. I didnt think it would ever go thru! I think UHC hoped I would give up, but I am a fighter, not a quitter.

I cant wait to get to know all of you and hopefully make some new friends to go thru this with together.

Welcome Lynne!!

You have found a wonderfully supportive and fun board!! Sounds like you've had some struggles already so the surgery this week should be a breeze after that lol...

Most of us were banded by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico and were self pay but it's great to have someone that can shed some light on the insurance approval process as I'm sure there are a few members here who would love to know how you were able to finally convince them!

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here. I am scheduled for surgery this Friday 4/11/08. I am so excited! A little about me, I am a 36yr old single mom. My daughter is 8 & my son is 14.

My surgery will be at Blake Memorial hospital in Bradenton, FL. My Dr is Dr. Gary Bunch and his partner Dr. Erbella.

I have been researching since last June and filed for ins approval for the first time in Dec. My insurance process was a huge fight, 1st application 12/07,denied 1/4,1st appeal 1/8,denied 1/11, 2nd appeal approved verbally 1/21 just to be rescinded 2/7, 3rd appeal 2/7,approved in writing 2/22. I didnt think it would ever go thru! I think UHC hoped I would give up, but I am a fighter, not a quitter.

I cant wait to get to know all of you and hopefully make some new friends to go thru this with together.

Hi LynneB,

Welcome to your new life! This forum is amazing, informative, supportive, you will love it...and everyone has such a great sense of humour..even on the tough days!

I am having surgery in Mississauga (West Toronto), Ontario, Canada, so I am not an OCC patient either. Our provincial healthcare does not provide coverage for Lap band, it does cover Gastric bypass and Duodenal Switch. I chose Lap band, as the other two surgeries are much to invasive for me. So I have to for it myself, they have medical financing company that can assist as well. The cost in Canada ranges from 15K to 18K and it covers everything for a lifetime. All of the consultations, the surgery and all of my fills are included for life. I live about an hour away from the clinic, so it will be convenient.

Best of luck with your surgery and keep us informed how things are going!