Couled this be food detox?

I was banded on the 3rd, Thursday and today is the first day I have really felt like myself. Of course I am not physically hungry, a popsicle seems like a huge steak dinner haha. But I can't get over the fact that even while I was sitting the airport full of gas pain and feeling miserable the breakfast sandwich my husband ate or the little pizzas being carried around by all those damn skinny people smelled remarkable. But the more I thought about it the more I realized that while this band is a tool that will change all of our lives forever perhaps this first phase of our journey could do just as much shaping. Obviously we all have an issue with food and quite frankly mine could be referred to as a best friend, always there and always delicious, but it is this relationship that had put me in this position of being overweight and unhappy. I ate just to eat, just to enjoy, and because I was bored proof from my post op food desires. The food fantasies have been getting better as I have realized that this post op diet is really a blessing in disguise, a food DETOX. Being forced to drink for 3 weeks is going to put me in the position to re evaluate the way I think and feel about food, if I am hungry (thanks to the band I won't be too often) I will enjoy ever bite and not stuff it in my face, I will really think about what I am putting in my body and how it will help me feel and fuel my body. I am excited to be on this journey and hope that not only my body will change but my mindset will change as well. My name is Jacklyn and I am a foodaholic, but hoping my 3 weeks food detox will cure my wayward ways!

Well hello, I am Misty and I am a foodaholic also. But I am on the road to recovery. I am about to finish my 3 weeks of liquids and although I am getting pretty hungry I am surviving. I can tell my restriction/swelling has went away - at first after a cup of jello I thought I would burst but it goes through just fine now. I can't wait for my first fill. I like the full feeling!

I was banded on the 3rd, Thursday and today is the first day I have really felt like myself. Of course I am not physically hungry, a popsicle seems like a huge steak dinner haha. But I can't get over the fact that even while I was sitting the airport full of gas pain and feeling miserable the breakfast sandwich my husband ate or the little pizzas being carried around by all those damn skinny people smelled remarkable. But the more I thought about it the more I realized that while this band is a tool that will change all of our lives forever perhaps this first phase of our journey could do just as much shaping. Obviously we all have an issue with food and quite frankly mine could be referred to as a best friend, always there and always delicious, but it is this relationship that had put me in this position of being overweight and unhappy. I ate just to eat, just to enjoy, and because I was bored proof from my post op food desires. The food fantasies have been getting better as I have realized that this post op diet is really a blessing in disguise, a food DETOX. Being forced to drink for 3 weeks is going to put me in the position to re evaluate the way I think and feel about food, if I am hungry (thanks to the band I won't be too often) I will enjoy ever bite and not stuff it in my face, I will really think about what I am putting in my body and how it will help me feel and fuel my body. I am excited to be on this journey and hope that not only my body will change but my mindset will change as well. My name is Jacklyn and I am a foodaholic, but hoping my 3 weeks food detox will cure my wayward ways!

Hi Jacklynrae,

I too am a foodaholic and I am looking forward to my upcoming surgery to help with this addiction. I must say, it's the sense of humour of the people of this forum that keeps me positive about this upcoming life change. You gals make me laugh! Best of luck on your journey..Cathy

I think food detox is a good description, but it's not just a detox for you!! I found that during those 3 weeks not only was I training myself to watch my husband and others eat whatever they wanted while I sipped my shakes... but it was also a detox for my husband! He had become so used to asking me if I want anything to eat if he was going out, or would usually scarf down food as quickly as I did but since I couldn't eat solids for the 3 weeks or had to eat slowly starting week 4 he was able to take that time to adjust his mindset that he shouldn't offer me food unless I said I was hungry or that I would be taking 30 min to eat a meal so he had to slow down also...

You hear all about "bandster hell" where people are so hungry and others get so tired of liquids they are chewing and spitting out foods but if you take the time to relearn what it "really" feels like to be hungry and recognize that your band will prevent you from making many of the bad choices you used to make it really isn't that bad of a time!

Good Luck!

I have one day left in bandster hell! Tuesday is the big day for food, but surprisingly, I am not planning where to go and what to eat. I have cheated a little; some parmesan shavings, a teaspoon of peanut butter... Nothing big, though.

I will be happy to start non-liquid foods again, but I have learned so much from the days of liquid diet. One thing is that I am a survivor and that I will be able to do this.

Hang in there; You can do it, too.

Yes Paula Bee that is one thing that is going to keep me strong is wanting that confidant strong feeling of accomplishing something. I mean how many times have we said I am going to start this diet, I am going to exercise everyday and after a couple of weeks fall back into our old habits? As silly as it may sound knowing in the back of the mind that "cheating" could very well jeopardize my health and my band may just be the kick in the rear I need to be faithful! Thank all of you for your positive words and wish me luck in my trip through "Bandster Hell"!

Jacklyn